Are you a wrinklephobe?

browneyedbaby

Oh yes!!! But other than moisturizing and wearing SPF there's not much I can do as it's all done to genes at the end of the day.
th_dunno.gif

xoxprincessx0x

I'm still to young to worry about wrinkles but i have these annoying laugh lines above my lips on both sides that cake up with foundation and powder throughout the dayy!!

browneyedbaby

I'd love to say no way but I really don't know. I WANT to be the type of person that's happy to age as nature intends... but I'd be lying if I said I that's the way I feel atm. Maybe as I get older I will be more comfortable in my own skin no matter what wrinkles etc have developed over time.

xsnowwhite

I don't worry about them but I don't want any wrinkles.
I would never go to the extreme of botox or anything though to prevent/hide them. I probably prefer wrinkles over the really botoxed look, no offence.

athena123

When I was in my twenties, I vowed to age gracefully, accept whatever comes. That attitude changed when I turned 40. I wouldn't say I'm a wrinklephobe; I don't look into the mirror everyday peering anxiously at each imagined wrinkle that crops up
th_LMAO.gif
but when I noticed shallow lines on my forehead that have always been there when I smile, laugh, or raise a single eyebrow just because I can getting deeper, I started looking for topical anti-wrinkle serums. They've worked to a degree, but dynamic creases that appear by the facial expressions I make won't ever disappear completely unless I go the botox or surgical route. I don't EVER want to inject poison or animal fat into my face or go under the knife to keep them at bay, however. That's where I draw the line.

MACATTAK

Yes, I do worry about them. I don't seem to have very many right now. I do have some creams for the eyes, but need to use them religiously. Yes I would consider botox etc later in life.

Babylard

oh yes i certainly am!

im only 19 but i am noticing that my skin is starting to age. i'm getting into the whole anti-aging skincare regime and trying to prevent and slow down the process as much as possible. wrinkles are unavoidable, but i still try to prevent it as much as i can. i moved from acne skincare to anti-aging.

i cringe at my fine lines on my forehead and my undereyes scream student. lol my mom says im crazy when i say i can see wrinkles.. but u dont have to be 40 to have wrinkles. fight them as soon as possible! my mom started when she was young and she has aged gracefully and beautifully. i hope to follow her.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
oh yes i certainly am!

im only 19 but i am noticing that my skin is starting to age. i'm getting into the whole anti-aging skincare regime and trying to prevent and slow down the process as much as possible. wrinkles are unavoidable, but i still try to prevent it as much as i can. i moved from acne skincare to anti-aging.

i cringe at my fine lines on my forehead and my undereyes scream student. lol my mom says im crazy when i say i can see wrinkles.. but u dont have to be 40 to have wrinkles. fight them as soon as possible! my mom started when she was young and she has aged gracefully and beautifully. i hope to follow her.

wow...you sound like me..I'm only 18 and I already use anti aging stuff. I get so worried because I have little lines under my eyes and they bother me SO much. my mom says I'm crazy too lol.

CantAffordMAC

no not yet. i haven't noticed any wrinkles at all. I have gray hairs though. That drives me crazy.

I figure by the time I see a wrinkle pop up I'll go and worry about it then. I have too much to worry about as it is, I can't afford wrinkle creams. All this stress will probably make me wrinkle prematurely anyways.

chocolategoddes

I personally don't fee like I need to worry about wrinkles. I hate to say it but : black don't crack! or w/e lol!
My parents are both over 45 and though they have some grays, they could pass for 39 and a half.

But I wam going to be a plastic surgeon. and you can't be givin someone a facelift when your cheeks sag down to your cankles. I'm just sayin

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I personally don't fee like I need to worry about wrinkles. I hate to say it but : black don't crack! or w/e lol!
My parents are both over 45 and though they have some grays, they could pass for 39 and a half.

But I wam going to be a plastic surgeon. and you can't be givin someone a facelift when your cheeks sag down to your cankles. I'm just sayin

My mom and I always talk about how African American's have the most amazingly gorgeous skin! Lucky ducks. it always looks so smooth.

aeni

Ha! I just got lifecasted today and after pulling the positive out I looked at myself and said 2 things "God - I look straight up like my mom - and is that a wrinkle?!"

I'm the least expressive person but already have the telltale aging signs - my skin texture's changed on my cheeks and I have the little wrinkle by my ears showing. Totally thinking about getting work done later on.

nai

i'm paranoid about it right now. im 26 and have a lot of wrinkles under my eyes and on my forehead for my age. my makeup cakes into the creases an hour after i put it on! i've tried a few anti-aging products already but none of them work. i wear spf everyday. i think that there is no proven anti-wrinkle cream out there. i've spent alot of money on so many creams already. i wouldn't ever go to the extreme of botox though. creams are okay cause it's only topical. anything besides that is too extreme for me.

user79

I just make sure to use an spf daily, otherwise - whatever, I don't worry about it that much.

spectrolite

I have some fine lines starting to form under my eyes. I swear they just appeared one day! I am in the market for a better/richer eye cream but other than that I'm not too worried... Worrying causes more wrinkles!
smiles.gif

alb40

its funny because i just started wearing makeup at the age 40 and I never noticed wrinkles until now. Everyone else thinks Im nuts but I can see them and I dont like them. My eyelids are getting droopy too.
ssad.gif

chameleonmary

Huge wrinklephobe here... especially around the forehead and eyes. I get so nervous applying and removing makeup because I dont want to pull the eye skin too much because that is one of the worst things you can do!