are you MAC monogamous??

XsheXscreamsX

I am very attrcated to mac. I love everything about the products. I have soooo many other brands of makeup, from Urban decay to Benefit to makeup forever. With all this other stuff, i NEVER use it! even though there are colors that would look fabulous, i always end up using my mac. Its like subconsiously i cant cheat on Mac. Im just curious to know, do any of you have this same problem? Do you end up getting rid of other brands, or do you let it pile up like i do.

koolmnbv

my majority is mac so I mainly use only mac because thats what I have but I do have a few other products non mac and they get equal use when I need them, but my cover girl lash exact gets used every single day no matter what else I use so I do use something non mac every day

nat9891

I have probably 70% MAC and all the rest are brands like NARS and stila. I use the other brands just as much as MAC. I use a NARS blush (orgasm) almost everyday, and I love Stila's eyeshadows when I want a neutral look. I also use diorshow mascara and Chanel foundation. In fact, I probably use my other brands more than MAC, b/c all of the MAC MU I have is for really dramatic looks. MAC is still my favorite brand (NARS and Stila in 2nd and 3rd.) because it's the brand with the most fun products and colors. Another reason why MAC is my fave line is b/c I feel like a MUA when I use my little homeade palettes!
rofl.gif

HotPinkHeels

I love mac and it comprises about 3/4 of my makeup but i have other brands such as Stila, Nars and Clinique that i also love and use regularly-mac is my favourite but i have to say im not completely faithful
winks.gif

professionaltart

im 90% faithful. I cheat on MAC sometimes with NARS but thats cause NARS is just too nice....and I cheat on NARS with Chanel Glossimers and Dior gloss BUT THATS IT!

princess

My MU collection is 80% MAC, the remaining 20% will be Asian brands like Laneige (Korean) and Majolica Majorca (Japanese).

SMMY

I'm an unfaithful harlot. I use whichever brand has the best product for me or just to try new products in other brands. I love MAC for fluidlines, pigments and of course mineralized skinfinishes, but often go else where for other items. I love Giorgio Armani lipsticks, which I hate to say are much better than MAC. My foundations are either Laura Mercier TM in summer or Stephane Marais in winter. Blushes are usually MAC, Guerlain or Stila. My eye shadow collection comes from several companies as well as MAC. I love MAC, but am not blindly tied to it.
winks.gif

calliestar

I use mainly MAC, but I guess you couldn't say that I'm monogamous. I use BE foundation religiously and also covergirl mascara. I have one urban decay eyeshadow (but I plan to get more) because MAC doesn't make anything like some of the colors (like midnight cowboy)

I am starting to become more devoted to Mac though...I'm trying to convert my brush collection to MAC, and I'm going to start my lipglass collection with the ones from untamed. I love MAC lipstick, but I don't really wear lipstick.

sel00187

i dont have any other brands than MAC now, except 2 YSL touche eclats which i dont use now and one estee lauder concealer which i dont use now either. i use mac every single day. the only thing i dont use which isnt mac, is my Lush lip balm.

Wattage

I would say about 95% of my collection is MAC. The only products I use that are non-MAC are foundations (cause I hate MAC's foundations) and a few of my brushes.

It's hard to stray because MAC has fairly good consistency when it comes to product quality. I hate going to another counter to buy something and not knowing if I will like it. I am so familiar with MAC, this hardly ever happens.

I would like to try more cosmetics and am dipping into NARS lately. I would also like to try more Bobbi Brown. It's hard though - they are much more expensive, considering the pro-discount I get through MAC.

ledonatella

I would say I have alot of non-MAC but I use almost all MAC all the time. I work for Aveda so I have alot of that, I love NARS & Cargo & Too Faced. I have some Stila. I buy Avon & mark from my mom's friend so that's my cheapie stuff. I have friends that sell Lauder & Clinique & Lancome so I have a bit of those....I guess I'm sorta all over the place. But I would say I use MAC 80-90% of the time.

HOTasFCUK

99% of the time i stick to MAC. So many other companies have really nice stuff but i know the way i am and i let the other brands sit there and i just use my MAC. *label whore* hehehe

Jaim

I'm stuck on MAC now, but a Benefit counter opened up not long ago here and I'm itching to try some of it out!

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I love Giorgio Armani lipsticks, which I hate to say are much better than MAC. )

I am so smitten with these!!
they are the next thing I want to collect.
I am partial to things here and there from other collections.
like a few face items from laura mercier, my covergirl lash exact, be foundation,chanel shadows,Nars a few vincent longo lippies,some milani blushes and shadows...and a serious love affair with bourjois
eyelove.gif

still 90% is mac and my heart belongs to them
smiles.gif

I also have a scary OPI collection, but that is another story, lets just say thank GOD I have a liscence!!

moonrevel

I have a lot of Urban Decay eyeshadows and Nars blushes, as well as a few items here and there from other companies, but I usually just find myself reaching for MAC. I use UD Primer Potion and Benefit Bad Gal Lash every day, but most days the rest of my makeup is MAC. I don't know what it is since I like the other stuff, but most of my collection is MAC and I find myself only pondering my MAC stuff when deciding what to wear.

cinnamongurlee

i am unfaithful to the MAC-whore mantra. i use other mascaras, foundations, eyeshadows, blushes and powders. however i have a HUGE collection of MAC eyeshadows, glosses, lippies,fluidliners, eyeliners and blushes

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
I am so smitten with these!!
they are the next thing I want to collect.
I am partial to things here and there from other collections.
like a few face items from laura mercier, my covergirl lash exact, be foundation,chanel shadows,Nars a few vincent longo lippies,some milani blushes and shadows...and a serious love affair with bourjois
eyelove.gif

still 90% is mac and my heart belongs to them
smiles.gif

I also have a scary OPI collection, but that is another story, lets just say thank GOD I have a liscence!!

They are amazing lipsticks. Great color but never travel or dry out my lips. These and Guerlain's Kiss kiss lipsticks are my favorites.
greengrin.gif

I am begining to appreciate Laura Mercier's eye shadows more too. I picked up Topaz and was so impressed that I have gradually been expanding my collection there as well. I may branch into her blushes next.

*fears pugmommy7's OPI collection*

Brianne

My stash is probably about 70% MAC, but I do stray pretty often. I love lots of other brands - NARS, Chanel, Cargo, MUFE, LORAC that I use also.

Tonitra

I'm about 95% a MAC girl. All my lipsticks/glosses, blushes, eyeshadows, brushes, and most everything else is all MAC. Mostly I stick with MAC because I love their products, and am famliar with them. But I think I may be more inclined to try other companies if I have more access to them (I live in a smaller center with limited choice). As it is though, I'm very happy with MAC.
The other 5% is Clinique, as I use their foundation and powder religiously and have for years. Oh, and their high impact mascara, which I love.

tracie

I have more MAC than other brands, but it doesn't mean that's all I use. My first love for e/s will always be urban decay, and I really like the nars blushes that I have. I only use drugstore mascaras, and my foundation has varied from neutrogena, clinique, mac, and ud. I love the color variety you can get from MAC, but I don't feel like its the "be all, end all" of makeup for me.

Latest posts