are you MAC monogamous??

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitra
Oh, and their high impact mascara, which I love.

Me too, It's very nice and thick and black but doesn't smudge. LOVE!!

bellaetoile

i have a LOT of non-mac, but rarely, if ever, do i use it. i can't bring myself to part with it yet, but i never use it. it doesn't make much sense, lol..for the most part though, just about everything i own that is non-mac has a mac counterpart, and i somehow am obsessive enough to feel better if my entire face is comprised of mac products, lol.

idreamincolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitra
I'm about 95% a MAC girl. All my lipsticks/glosses, blushes, eyeshadows, brushes, and most everything else is all MAC. Mostly I stick with MAC because I love their products, and am famliar with them. But I think I may be more inclined to try other companies if I have more access to them (I live in a smaller center with limited choice). As it is though, I'm very happy with MAC.

The other 5% is NARS, Smashbox and DIOR.

I agree!!!

Beauty Mark

I use very little MAC and own very little (I joined this community, because it's one of the few good makeup ones around.) I find brands with items I like better. I think MAC does a good job with certain items, others not so much.

I probably wear more Urban Decay, Hard Candy (my first makeup love), and Stila more than anything else. I'm getting more into Too Faced, too.

lara

Nope. Unless you're tied to a company, I always find it a little dubious when an MA exclusively uses one brand. Very limiting and rigid.

Clients feel comforted by a big bag of medium/high-end cult make-up because I suppose it looks/feels more special, so I keep a lot of MUFE, MAC, NARS, Benefit, Stila, etc etc etc. On the flipside, clients get turned off if I use Dior or Chanel, presumably because you can buy Chanel and Dior at most good chemists and there's nothing exclusive or different about it.
smiles.gif

ette

MAC for most/all of my lip/eye/cheek products, but NARS for other lip/eye/cheek. For foundation or mascara, I will use other brands.

misslilith

I am MAC monogamous with eyeshadows and the majority of my lip products is also MAC. But I do own many blushes from NARS too.

merleskaya

I am definitely a makeup polygamist. While I love MAC especially for lip products, foundations, ProLash and the Power Points, my makeup
case(s) are populated by products from Chanel, EL, Laura Mercier, Dior, Becca, Fresh, Nars, Stila, Lorac, Cargo, UD, Bobbi Brown and a few of the common US drugstore lines. As much as I like MAC products, there's too much good stuff out there for me to be loyal to one line.

The one line I'm not impressed with at all is BeneFit. I have disliked each of the five items I have tried, which is maddening, because the two founders seem so likable.

merleskaya

Glitziegal

My collection is predominantly MAC, however I prefer L'ancome mascaras, Laura Mercier concealer etc, Nars blushes and so on.

If I really like a colour in any brand I will get it as long as the quality and colour pay off are good.

d_flawless

i used to be a sephora whore but now i'm about 95% MAC. i have to wear certain stuff @ work (BTW, aveda makes great lip stuff + skin products!) but i usually just do comparable stuff
once you go MAC, you never go back!

Iridescence

I definitely have to say I am 100% faithful and loving it!!!

Everything I own is MAC, and everything I have I love!!!!

User67

I would say my make-up collection is about 95% MAC. The only things I use on a regular basis that aren't MAC are my L'Oreal Volumous mascara, UDPP & Prescriptives Foundation brush.

giz2000

Nope..not at all...I have MAC, MUFE, NARS, Benefit, Too Faced, Urban Decay and other brands in my kit...

coachkitten

My make-up is about 90% MAC. Otherwise it goes to Make-up Forever, CHANEL, or a few things from Clinique. Sometimes I get so stuck on MAC's new collections I totally ignore other brands!
smiles.gif

geeko

My cosmetic collection consists of 90% MAC and 10% non-MAC.

As for the non MAC,
i have around 8 shu uemura e/s, and 3 shu uemura blushers, some TF pigments and the rest of the 10% comprises of drugstore brand stuff (which i don't bother to buy anymore as i know i won't use them) and including my dior eyeshadow palette which i never use...cause i find the colour payoff from dior sucks.

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Nope. Unless you're tied to a company, I always find it a little dubious when an MA exclusively uses one brand. Very limiting and rigid.

Clients feel comforted by a big bag of medium/high-end cult make-up because I suppose it looks/feels more special, so I keep a lot of MUFE, MAC, NARS, Benefit, Stila, etc etc etc. On the flipside, clients get turned off if I use Dior or Chanel, presumably because you can buy Chanel and Dior at most good chemists and there's nothing exclusive or different about it.
smiles.gif

That's funny, because in the states Chanel and Dior are both high end cosmetics and are sold in department stores. Maybe that's the trade off for getting MAC at such reasonable prices over here.

ellemarie

I'm open to other brands and use them occasionally. I'd say MAC makes up 85%, other high-end brands (Nars, Stila, Benefit, MUFE) make up 14%, and my Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara makes up the last 1%. I had a makeover at Sephora and the MA used all MUFE on me and that annoyed me for some reason.

Whitney Costner

I was at a beauty tradeshow last weekend, and there were some good deals on various makeup brands (mostly smaller or private label brands). But I thought to myself..."Why get that, when I could get MAC?"

So I guess, I'm becoming more and more faithful to the brand. lol! It's sucking me in! And I like it!
cutey.gif