Armani Discussion

Medgal07

There is a Limeted Edidtion Eclipse collection out now. It includes eye tints in Sunset like colors and a deep blue.
smiles.gif
I have three new ones---Sunrise #14 (orange), Sunset # 15 (deep purple) and Zenith #13 (yellow gold). So is this deep blue different from Meniut # 2, a deep navy????

katred

Specktra Bestie
[COLOR=0000FF]  The lipstick color is gorgeous---right up my alley---but how sheer is it????  The NP is nice but not unique, but the palette could be doable if they're all powdered products.[/COLOR]
I find their sheer formula to be semi-sheer only. There's always a pretty healthy deposit of colour. Even the lightest shades are visible easily, although, being light, they're less prominent. Here's a good example in a deeper skin tone of what you can expect from the formula: http://adventuresinmakeup.com/2012/03/25/lip-service-rouge-d-armani-sheer/

bambookoalatree

[COLOR=0000FF]   I have three new ones---Sunrise #14 (orange), Sunset # 15 (deep purple) and Zenith #13 (yellow gold).  So is this deep blue different from Meniut # 2, a deep navy????[/COLOR]
Great! They are gorgeous, yes? Going by your picture, I'm guessing they really look amazing on you! Yes, the navy one is slightly different as it does not have the slight pearlescence that Minuet has, and is a rather more blackened navy. Great purchases! Did you also get the amazing palette? Omg it's gorgeous!

Medgal07

Great! They are gorgeous, yes? Going by your picture, I'm guessing they really look amazing on you! Yes, the navy one is slightly different as it does not have the slight pearlescence that Minuet has, and is a rather more blackened navy. Great purchases! Did you also get the amazing palette? Omg it's gorgeous!
They are absolutely gorgeous but I've not yet worn them. I'll have to look into the 'blackened navy' one. I love the deep dark shades. Might you know the name or #?
I did not get the palette----I just didn't find the colors unique to what I already have in my stash. It didn't blow me away the way the Tom Ford eye & cheek palette, Pink
Glow did.

Which items did you pick up?

bambookoalatree

[COLOR=0000FF] They are absolutely gorgeous but I've not yet worn them.  I'll have to look into the 'blackened navy' one.  I love the deep dark shades.  Might you know the name or #?   [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I did not get the palette----I just didn't find the colors unique to what I already have in my stash.  It didn't blow me away the way the Tom Ford eye & cheek palette, Pink[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Glow did.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Which items did you pick up?[/COLOR]
Hello! Yes, the color is called Midnight and it's a beauty too! I picked up the collection minus the highlighter because also to me, it was redundant and not applicable to my white white skin. Pre-ordered TF Mood Glow as well, it's fun! :) )The Midnight color is amazing and has a sooty sundown shadow that makes the others pop and your eyes like a landscape. It can also blend in to darken and recess areas with other colors as blendability is beautiful :) I also tried the luminous silk powder but it was too dark for me though a great powder! Lately I'm trying to stop buying what I can dupe and focus on skincare but my young self is still in awe everyday making me bankrupt! Lol! I also quite like the TF cream shadow/rouge but I don't wear it in my cheeks. It's a stunning russet on me. I passed on Chanel, lemming Guerlain but the need versus want is my affirmation. It's an exciting time of year! Who knows what will happen? :D

Shars

I have three new ones---Sunrise #14 (orange), Sunset # 15 (deep purple) and Zenith #13 (yellow gold). So is this deep blue different from Meniut # 2, a deep navy????
It's not different. It's the same Minuit that was released with the first set. Does yours say Meniut? Sephora had the name wrong when it first launched and had it listed as Meniut but everywhere else it's called Minuit.
ETA: I'm wondering if they're renaming it to Midnight ("minuit" is midnight in French). It's still shown as #2 in the press releases for the summer collection.

bambookoalatree

It's not different. It's the same Minuit that was released with the first set. Does yours say Meniut? Sephora had the name wrong when it first launched and had it listed as Meniut but everywhere else it's called Minuit. ETA: I'm wondering if they're renaming it to Midnight ("minuit" is midnight in French). It's still shown as #2 in the press releases for the summer collection.
Yes! :) They are the same but not the same as Midnight from the Eclipse collection. :D Sorry for spelling it differently and confusing the question. She wanted to know if that dark navy was the same as the one released in the Eclipse collection but with a different name and it's not the same. Midnight is a moot sooty Navy than the somewhat pearlized Minuet/Minuit which is about brighter as well with a hint of royal blue.

Shars

Yes!
smiles.gif
They are the same but not the same as Midnight from the Eclipse collection.
greengrin.gif
Sorry for spelling it differently and confusing the question. She wanted to know if that dark navy was the same as the one released in the Eclipse collection but with a different name and it's not the same. Midnight is a moot sooty Navy than the somewhat pearlized Minuet/Minuit which is about brighter as well with a hint of royal blue.
I realise how you described it, but why give it the same number (#2) when the other new ones have been given continuous numbers? That is really strange for GA to do. Do you have both that you can do a side-by-side swatch? The swatch I saw of the "new" one, does look like a flat colour.

Icecaramellatte

Well thank you---you said a cream eye shadow and I was looking for something totally different----It's a bloody Eye Tint!!!
girlhaha.gif
It's pretty. I tried to imagine how it
compares to Senso, #10.
I can never remember what they are called. I think of it as cream eye shadow. I'm really curious about the brown. I love a golden brown. I wonder if the gold shimmers are noticeable.

Medgal07

I realise how you described it, but why give it the same number (#2) when the other new ones have been given continuous numbers? That is really strange for GA to do. Do you have both that you can do a side-by-side swatch? The swatch I saw of the "new" one, does look like a flat colour.
I would love a swatch to see if I NEED this new one
th_DANCE.gif

bambookoalatree

Hello. I don't know how to post swatches but I can tell you they are both #2 and Armanj sticks like glue to numbers. They are the same color to me, but I guess the Midnight one seems kind of less pigmented brightly but that can depend upon application. I'm looking at them as a penny size dot and I can't tell the difference so this is my conclusion: Of the Eclipse collection, the following is true: No.02 Midnight, No.13 Zenith (Limited Edition), No.14 Sunrise (Limited Edition) and No.15 Sunset (Limited Edition).. Number system. If you have Minuit/Minuet, you have No.02 but it's just labeled as midnight for this collection and differences aren't enough to own both. I bought both because I liked using them as a base for shadows that are blue/green/purple to stand and deliver. It's like the difference between black eyeliners and the blacks in mascara.. And admittedly, I had already ordered them before thinking of the numbers.. Silly me. I hope that helps.

Medgal07

You know Chanel did the same thing with a few of their NPs. I always wondered if they just lost track and it was someone's big boo-boo.

Quote: Originally Posted by bambookoalatree

Hello. I don't know how to post swatches but I can tell you they are both #2 and Armanj sticks like glue to numbers. They are the same color to me, but I guess the Midnight one seems kind of less pigmented brightly but that can depend upon application. I'm looking at them as a penny size dot and I can't tell the difference so this is my conclusion: Of the Eclipse collection, the following is true: No.02 Midnight, No.13 Zenith (Limited Edition), No.14 Sunrise (Limited Edition) and No.15 Sunset (Limited Edition).. Number system. If you have Minuit/Minuet, you have No.02 but it's just labeled as midnight for this collection and differences aren't enough to own both. I bought both because I liked using them as a base for shadows that are blue/green/purple to stand and deliver. It's like the difference between black eyeliners and the blacks in mascara.. And admittedly, I had already ordered them before thinking of the numbers.. Silly me. I hope that helps.
Money saved for me then it they're that close in color
sigh.gif

ashievic

OMG, the new glosses are over the top. Pace my self, thankfully with Armani his LE's if any of these are LE's (which I have no clue) stick around for awhile. I am not over the top thrilled with this runway collection for F/W 2015. Coral just has never been my friend. TF's Sultry in his lip shines is such a pretty color. Yet on me, it is orange. But Lust works just fine. So all you Coral lovers out there, enjoy!!!!!!

Shars

OMG!! Maggie, those things talk!!! #200 said, "Meddy you need me!" I guess I should take it to heart
shrugs.gif
right??

I wasn't wowed by her arm swatches - they didn't look pigmented enough for what I like in a matte lip product but I really like how they looked on her lips!
Quote: Originally Posted by bambookoalatree

Thank you for your review. I think I'll pass and just get the original one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
OMG!! Maggie, those things talk!!! #200 said, "Meddy you need me!" I guess I should take it to heart
shrugs.gif
right??
Really? I thought it was talking to me there... Although actually, it was more like a whole gang of voices shouting for my attention. Like going to the animal shelter and seeing a whole room full of kittens...

Latest posts