Armani Discussion

Medgal07

I saw the new runway collection tonight! The palette colours are really nice. I wish it wasn't $185 here. The lipstick is a pretty peach, but it would look like death on me. The real winner, though, is the Eye Tint. It's a stunning golden brown/ bronze. It's $68 here, which is more than I want to pay, but it's sooooooooooo pretty...
I think it's stunning but the color is a tad close to some of my cream shadows. It's also a bit higher here at $42 versus $38 for the regular eye tints.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I saw the new runway collection tonight! The palette colours are really nice. I wish it wasn't $185 here. The lipstick is a pretty peach, but it would look like death on me. The real winner, though, is the Eye Tint. It's a stunning golden brown/ bronze. It's $68 here, which is more than I want to pay, but it's sooooooooooo pretty...
What?!
thud.gif
I got a pair of Giorgio Armani boots for less.

ashievic

His last Runway collection was higher in price too. The lipstick was 40.00 and the nail polish was I think 2.00 or maybe 5.00 more. You know he has to cover the cost of the fancy material he uses for this collections pouches....I still it is garbage to do that. How many disk lids can he get out of a yard of material??? That would be a boatload.

Monsy

It's a Luminous Silk Powder!
smiles.gif
You seemed lost about Armani's Luminous Silk Powder. It's not a foundation compact/powder like others, it's just a powder you can build up or wear sheer.
smiles.gif
I was lost???
No actually I said sales associate that works for armani had no idea there is luminous powder

Monsy

BTW it is officially called luminous silk COMPACT

http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/Luminous-Silk-Compact/A144,default,pd.html

so I wouldn't really say I was the lost one here

bambookoalatree

Wow really :thud: :eek:hboy:
This is what I saw and I offered the information about it not being a foundation compact but a Luminous Silk Powder. I'm sorry if you felt differently but not here to argue, I'm here to enjoy cosmetics with others who equally love them, so please be kind. Thank you. :)

bambookoalatree

bambookoalatree

[COLOR=0000FF]I think it's stunning but the color is a tad close to some of my cream shadows.  It's also a bit higher here at $42 versus $38 for the regular eye tints.[/COLOR]
Thank you for the info! Ineas thinking the same but was still open for something new and different.. Saves me money! :)

Vineetha

This is what I saw and I offered the information about it not being a foundation compact but a Luminous Silk Powder. I'm sorry if you felt differently but not here to argue, I'm here to enjoy cosmetics with others who equally love them, so please be kind. Thank you.
smiles.gif
omg that comment wasnt directed at you! Sorry if you thought that! I was referring to the Armani Counter SA who didnt even know about the new product in their line!! @monsy was referring to the same as well. She was/is aware of the new product and when she went to the store to purchase it the SA didnt seem to have a clue about it! Working for a brand and not keeping updated on products seemed ridiculous and thats what the conversation was about!

Monsy

omg that comment wasnt directed at you! Sorry if you thought that! I was referring to the Armani Counter SA who didnt even know about the new product in their line!! @monsy was referring to the same as well. She was/is aware of the new product and when she went to the store to purchase it the SA didnt seem to have a clue about it! Working for a brand and not keeping updated on products seemed ridiculous and thats what the conversation was about!
that is exactly what I meant

Monsy

Why are you so defensive? Yes it comes in a compact.
smiles.gif
it's a pressed powder!
smiles.gif
Now please stop trying to start something, whether you did or did not know doesn't matter. I only tried to help. If I misunderstood you, I'm sorry, again. No need to yell or be rude. Thank you.
smiles.gif
It was misunderstanding - yes it is a powder and yes it is called compact so I didn't make that up

issue was that armani SA had no idea what I was talking about

ashievic

Sometimes things get lost in translation. However, Monsy has never been rude or unkind ever, at least in my experiences. She offers incredible knowledge especially in the world of fragrance. Perhaps in the future a pm would have a more kind way to clarify how you felt? Just a thought, I am not judging or diminishing how anyone felt. Now let us go forward and embrace our love for all things in cosmetics!!!!

bambookoalatree

Sometimes things get lost in translation. However, Monsy has never been rude or unkind ever, at least in my experiences. She offers incredible knowledge especially in the world of fragrance. Perhaps in the future a pm would have a more kind way to clarify how you felt? Just a thought, I am not judging or diminishing how anyone felt. Now let us go forward and embrace our love for all things in cosmetics!!!!
On a few occasions Monsy has corrected me and acted defensively. That's not what I read in the welcome letter and I won't participate in this when someone tells me a highlighter I use, that is orange on me, isn't, and that its peach, when it's going to look differently on everyone. It came across rudely as did her looking for The Armani Luminous Silk powder to see what it was like and then say she already knew and the SA didn't. I don't judge people for not knowing what a new product is like. I helped direct to a place where she could find out and I was rudely answered with this: ?

ashievic

Let us all just have a makeup hug and all will be well!!!! I have been busy digging out a special nook in the our rabbit hole for you!!!!

Icecaramellatte

That's what I was afraid of. On my never-ending list