Armani Discussion

MACina

Same here....I would love,love,love this palette if it came without the lip wax and with another eyeshadow instead!

I'm kind of tempted by the Snow palette, but I hate lip products in palettes at all, especially next to powders. So looks like I can skip this one.

The quads, as far as I know, are permanent, although it's really difficult for me to wait on things like this. The shades look beautiful, although I will say that a lot of the combinations remind me of Guerlain's quads. I'm sure I'll pick up at least one to try.

Ingenue

I picked up the new foundation too. The SA didn't recommend the concealer saying it was too light but I saw that Ingenue used it so I told him I wanted to try it so he gave me a really generous sample of the darkest color. I think #5. He said maybe it would work if I put it on first and the foundation over it. I went back to the post and realized she said it was a lightener. I will try to use it today and see how it goes.
You need the SMALLEST amount to get the job done. #5 works perfectly fine on me. It's a light 'reflector' so it's going to be light by design. But if you use a teeny bit, you'll find that it adds light (without going ashy) in any area that you apply it. I'm a huge fan. I think that sometimes we get caught up in 'coverage' meaning thick application or piling on more product. And in terms of expert makeup application, that's simply not the case.

Ingenue

I just got the new foundation and concealer. I wasn't planning on it, but I had a few extra bucks and decided to give it a go. I literally threw it on my face after ripping my box open just now. I like it so far. Good color match, amazing texture and gives pretty good coverage. Because of the texture, I thought the coverage would be next to nothing, but it's not. My biggest surprise, though is the concealer. It gives that highlighting effect under my eyes. Really, really nice. I'm anxious to see how it wears for the next few hours.
Hey!!! YOU GOT IT! I want to know how it works on your dry skin. It's a miracle on my oily skin. I LOVE this foundation and concealer. The texture and the coverage is amazing. It's completely weightless. Love it.

shontay07108

It works great on my dry skin. It was super blendable. I actually used my fingers, but I will use a brush from now on. I just don't like getting foundation all over my hands. The coverage was really good even though I used it lightly and it didn't cling to the usual dry areas on my face (on and around my nose). It wore well for the 3-4 hours I wore it and I didn't even set it with powder. What I really love is the concealer, though. So good for the dark circles under my eyes and it doesn't cake or dry up at all.

Icecaramellatte

You need the SMALLEST amount to get the job done. #5 works perfectly fine on me. It's a light 'reflector' so it's going to be light by design. But if you use a teeny bit, you'll find that it adds light (without going ashy) in any area that you apply it. I'm a huge fan. I think that sometimes we get caught up in 'coverage' meaning thick application or piling on more product. And in terms of expert makeup application, that's simply not the case.
Thanks for the info. So you feel you don't need any additional concealer? Also, do you put the fusion on top of the #5? Do you pat the fusion on top of the lighter under the eye? I feel like when I tried it I just smeared it on. Maybe I should try it again. I kind of gave up and just used an additional concealer. I did like the way it lightened the area. My circles are super dark.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Now lemming the concealer... I need a decent one to get the job done without looking caked on... I seem to have difficulty finding one that covers my dark circles without emphasising my fine lines.

Finally got a review up of the Fall products I bought: http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/09/making-faces-classic-armani-is-classic.html

I'm having a love affair with the palette, seriously.

Ingenue

Thanks for the info. So you feel you don't need any additional concealer? Also, do you put the fusion on top of the #5? Do you pat the fusion on top of the lighter under the eye? I feel like when I tried it I just smeared it on. Maybe I should try it again. I kind of gave up and just used an additional concealer. I did like the way it lightened the area. My circles are super dark.
I put Fusion on first (not under my eyes), and then pat the Eraser under my eyes, around my nose and around the corners of my mouth. The overall effect is 'brightening'.

You put the fusion on with quick light strokes using your fingers (a brush will eat a lot of the product... and you literally need a few drops to cover your face), then pat the Eraser wherever you need it. You may be comfortable with the 'thickness' of a heavier concealer, but the coverage ends up being the same with Maestro eraser. The proof is in pictures. The flash is automatically attracted to the lightest part of your face. I find that Eraser does wonders on clients with dark circles.

Now, if it's just not doing the trick, you might want to go for a color corrector (that's what I recommend to clients who have to 'pack' on concealer to hide really dark circles. Color correctors 'cancel' out the darkness, instead of concealing it.

Ingenue

It works great on my dry skin. It was super blendable. I actually used my fingers, but I will use a brush from now on. I just don't like getting foundation all over my hands. The coverage was really good even though I used it lightly and it didn't cling to the usual dry areas on my face (on and around my nose). It wore well for the 3-4 hours I wore it and I didn't even set it with powder. What I really love is the concealer, though. So good for the dark circles under my eyes and it doesn't cake or dry up at all.
Good to hear! Now you know if you use a brush you're gonna end up using more product.
lol.gif

Ingenue

LOL Shontay! I was talking to the Armani SA and she said she was having the same problem. She started using a brush... and then ended up going back to using her fingers because you use so much less product. She says that the application is more effective too.

Just sanitize your hands first.
lol.gif

shontay07108

:lol: I do sanitize my hands, but...it just bothers me. I don't even know. I did it again today with my fingers and it was so funny.

Ingenue

If any of you guys are interested in those shadow/blush palettes, they're up on the Armani Website. I know they sold out pretty quickly in stores... so here's your chance!

shontay07108

Alright, bad news. I had to return the Maestro foundation. I got too excited after my first test and ended up speaking too soon. Foundation is the one thing I need to take my time to judge. I just don't like the way it sits on my face after time. My face looks kind of flat and dry and it does eventually seem to accentuate tiny dry spots on my face. Plus, let's face it, I just can't get over the using my fingers bit. I tried a brush and it felt like I was taking a brush to my bare face because the texture of the foundation is so silky. I contemplated keeping it, but at that price, I had to give it up. I'll just stick to Armani lip products and Eyes to Kill shadows from here on out.

Ingenue

I contemplated keeping it, but at that price, I had to give it up. I'll just stick to Armani lip products and Eyes to Kill shadows from here on out.
Awww man. That's too bad. I was wondering how it would work on your dry skin. I really think it works better on oily skin because it dries so completely. I don't even need a powder to set it.

And I think the fingers thing is key. They kept harping on that fact when I learned to use the foundation. It's really the best way to distribute the product on the face.

shontay07108

Yeah, I didn't even use powder to set it because of what you said and it didn't sit right on my face after time. Fingers are definitely the best way the go with this foundation, but the most I can do with my fingers is put the product on my face. I'm glad that I can use a brush for the D&G creamy foundation once I put it on my face. Otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to cope. :lol:

Ingenue

That D&G foundation is so much like the YSL version... it's amazing. It is definitely the perfect foundation dupe.

Latest posts