Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got a mailer from Armani yesterday advertising 3 new launches: Sept- new foundation. Oct- Eyes to Kill quators, sounds like we are getting new, permanent quads! The photo was of one with neutrals/ dark brown shades. Nov- Maestro liquid lipstick. Hey, everyone else is launching one (except Chanel, who discontinued theirs). There are four colour swatches on the card I got. Again, I believe these are perm. I'll see if I can get a couple of decent shots of the mailer.

Ladychris11

I got a mailer from Armani yesterday advertising 3 new launches: Sept- new foundation. Oct- Eyes to Kill quators, sounds like we are getting new, permanent quads! The photo was of one with neutrals/ dark brown shades. Nov- Maestro liquid lipstick. Hey, everyone else is launching one (except Chanel, who discontinued theirs). There are four colour swatches on the card I got. Again, I believe these are perm. I'll see if I can get a couple of decent shots of the mailer.
Oh my thanks for the update! I've been salivatingnover the new foundation for weeks, possibly months now! Lol

shadowaddict

I can't wait to hear more about the new foundation. I hate that Chanel discontinued the two lightest shade from their Mat Lum.

In fact any details on other new foundations would be great if anyone has or gets any info. I just wish for some pale shades.

I tried a sample of Dior today and it wore well but still a bit too dark. I wore it over Hourglass primer. I really like this primer so I hope when/if I find a great foundation that they play well together.

This is so frustrating as there are many people with very light skin.

Shypo

Neo-brown palette swatches!

http://makeupmagpie.blogspot.ca/2012/07/giorgio-armani-fall-2012-easy-chic-face.html

I love that the browns are more cool-toned but the blush looks much warmer than I was hoping...
Kate, I totally agree with you....the browns are very enticing, but I'm not really loving the peach tones of the blush......so I will probably skip given the price tag.

Love the idea of the new foundations and new ETK!! Thanks for the info!!

Ladychris11

^^ I think it is going to go by usual armani shades. Saw a few blog reviews already, one is retailtherpay's. Anyway, I'm a mac nc15-20 and shade 4.5 in lasting silk fits me quite well so I would guess paler ladies would have no problems with armani foundations because they go down to 2 I think :)

shadowaddict

Thanks, I will check out their foundations. I've never tried them.

I guess I've never taken the time to look at them while at the counter, probably too busy trying to decide which ETK shade I cannot live without.

Genn

So after months of drooling over ETK, I bought the eyes to kill set (#28, mascara, liner, roller ball, eye serum) during the nordstrom anniversary sale and then today #20 and #27. I really wanted the white one (madre pearla?) but they didnt have it in stock. Kind of releived about that.

Ingenue

I can't wait to hear more about the new foundation. I hate that Chanel discontinued the two lightest shade from their Mat Lum.

In fact any details on other new foundations would be great if anyone has or gets any info. I just wish for some pale shades.

I tried a sample of Dior today and it wore well but still a bit too dark. I wore it over Hourglass primer. I really like this primer so I hope when/if I find a great foundation that they play well together.

This is so frustrating as there are many people with very light skin.
I just tested the new foundations. They live up to the hype in my opinion. Never quite tried a formula like that. Even the applicator (dropper) wasn't enough to piss me off.
lol.gif

The color range is excellent. There are quite a few pale shades, with several different undertones (rose/neutral/yellow).

It is also supposed to adjust to skin tone/undertone/type. It sets matte on me, and I'm among the oiliest among us. I'd LOVE to hear what it does for someone with dry skin.

I reviewed it on my blog (in my siggy). Hope that helps shed a little light on the subject!

Shypo

I just ordered the Neo Brown palette, and the rosewood and red lipsticks....I really hope I like the palette!!!

Ladychris11

Whut 62 dollars for the foundation? I think that's a little too expensive for second skin makeup, seeing swatches. I was expecting more like 55, maybe even 58 but I'm a little turned off now, thinking it's a little too gimmicky already. But I'd still have to wait for more reviews and swatches - maybe it could really be built up to full. Now THAT's versatility and worth it.

Miss QQ

I just tested the new foundations. They live up to the hype in my opinion. Never quite tried a formula like that. Even the applicator (dropper) wasn't enough to piss me off.
lol.gif

The color range is excellent. There are quite a few pale shades, with several different undertones (rose/neutral/yellow).

It is also supposed to adjust to skin tone/undertone/type. It sets matte on me, and I'm among the oiliest among us. I'd LOVE to hear what it does for someone with dry skin.

I reviewed it on my blog (in my siggy). Hope that helps shed a little light on the subject!
Read your review! Thanks! So the foundation is sheer but buildable? I like the sound of it, except that I am rather slow and heavy handed when I use my fingers, so I prefer to use a brush. The foundation doesn't work well with brushes? Is the concealer also new? I can't see it at the US armani website.

MACina

I am still loving my palettes....especially the Neo Black
heart.gif

I have used them a lot since I got them!

And I am so much in love with the Rouge d`Armani # 408 and I am so glad that I caved and ordered it.
It is perfect together with the Neo Black palette!!!

Winthrop44

Read your review! Thanks! So the foundation is sheer but buildable? I like the sound of it, except that I am rather slow and heavy handed when I use my fingers, so I prefer to use a brush. The foundation doesn't work well with brushes? Is the concealer also new? I can't see it at the US armani website.
The concealer is also new but it's not showing up on the GA site yet, just Neiman Marcus and Saks so far from what I've seen.

Ingenue

The foundation is medium... and you can build it to medium-full. It's not really sheer. It sets nearly instantly. And I was specifically told that you should not use a brush or a sponge with this foundation formula. I can actually see why, because it's SO thin. You apply it like a serum... with light, quick strokes. Several drops of this foundation will cover an entire face with no problem.

I've never used a formula like this before. It's pretty awesome.

The Maestro Eraser is also new. They're a bit slow on the uptake on the US site. I went to Neiman Marcus over the weekend and they didn't even have it out yet.

The SA's have this whole spiel that they're supposed to use when selling the makeup, because it's so different from any standard foundation.

It takes some getting used to, but I think it's well worth learning how to use it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
You have me fascinated with this new formula. I have to try to get to my Armani counter this week, because they were supposedly offering a sample when you made a purchase (plus I have to at least grab one or two things from the Fall collection)...

Ingenue

You have me fascinated with this new formula. I have to try to get to my Armani counter this week, because they were supposedly offering a sample when you made a purchase (plus I have to at least grab one or two things from the Fall collection)...
I really love it. It's so light and airy... and it blends so beautifully.

Winthrop44

Sadly it was a fail for my rosacea skin. I loved the texture but it burned my face...probably the alcohol or the octinoxate, maybe both. Sigh.