Armani Discussion

Ingenue

Oh no!!! I'm sorry it burned... that is NOT good!
ohboy.gif

Winthrop44

Par for the course for my dumb skin. I woke up broken out this morning too. It is a really beautiful foundation for normal people though.
lol.gif

peanut

Tried the concealer today and it's pretty awesome.
flower.gif
I'm sorry the foundation didn't work out, but glad you're liking the concealer. It's been my go-to everyday concealer for the past couple weeks. I just love the light texture, and it's undetectable on my skin. What shade did you get? I got the 3 concealer and 5 foundation.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got #2. That's the lightest, right?
#2 is usually the lightest shade of their foundations, for some reason.

I stopped by my counter yesterday and somehow both lipstick #408 and the NeoBlack palette followed me home. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm kind of glad it did. I wore both out last night and I was stunned at how many compliments it generated. A very sick part of me is tempted to track down the brown palette as well, just because the quality of the products in the one that I have is so spectacular. I'm calling it an early birthday present to myself...

MACina

This is such a lovely combo and I am sure that you looked gorgeous katred!
#2 is usually the lightest shade of their foundations, for some reason.

I stopped by my counter yesterday and somehow both lipstick #408 and the NeoBlack palette followed me home. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm kind of glad it did. I wore both out last night and I was stunned at how many compliments it generated. A very sick part of me is tempted to track down the brown palette as well, just because the quality of the products in the one that I have is so spectacular. I'm calling it an early birthday present to myself...
I agree with you on the quality.It is stunning!

Miss QQ

winthrop - I'm looking forward to the new concealer too! It will launch with the foundation next month. I have very dark circles and need something that covers but doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. How does it compare to Chantecaille Biolift concealer, which I'm planning to get?

katred - Enjoy your new goodies! I hope these will launch at my counter too, so I can take a look and swatch, but hopefully the palettes do not come home with me since they are pricey!

Icecaramellatte

I picked up the new foundation too. The SA didn't recommend the concealer saying it was too light but I saw that Ingenue used it so I told him I wanted to try it so he gave me a really generous sample of the darkest color. I think #5. He said maybe it would work if I put it on first and the foundation over it. I went back to the post and realized she said it was a lightener. I will try to use it today and see how it goes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
winthrop - I'm looking forward to the new concealer too! It will launch with the foundation next month. I have very dark circles and need something that covers but doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. How does it compare to Chantecaille Biolift concealer, which I'm planning to get?

katred - Enjoy your new goodies! I hope these will launch at my counter too, so I can take a look and swatch, but hopefully the palettes do not come home with me since they are pricey!
Oh definitely. My husband- "The Great Enabler"- actually talked me into the palette. He heard the price and instead of gulping like I did, his reaction was "that's a good deal". His way of thinking was that it was 3 shadows and a blush so $95 (Canadian price) for Armani was good. I really have to stop taking him shopping with me. He's worse than I am.

Ladychris11

Oh definitely. My husband- "The Great Enabler"- actually talked me into the palette. He heard the price and instead of gulping like I did, his reaction was "that's a good deal". His way of thinking was that it was 3 shadows and a blush so $95 (Canadian price) for Armani was good. I really have to stop taking him shopping with me. He's worse than I am.
Lol I'm so jealous right now. Anyway, I'm still thinking about the foundations. Do the shades run lighter or darker than the LSF and Lasting Silk UV? Or just the same?

Winthrop44

MissQQ if you have very dark circles the Chantecaille concealer is not for you. This Armani one offers much more coverage.

Shypo

I tried the new foundation yesterday but forgot to ask about the concealer!!! I need to go back and spend some more time.....maybe while I'm in CA if they have an Armani counter at Nordstrom.......I was feeling a bit 'pressured' yesterday so didn't tarry at the counter.

I got the brown palette a little while back, but haven't yet used it - I'm debating exchanging it for the black one..........but I did get both fall lip colors!!

Ladychris11

I tried the new foundation yesterday but forgot to ask about the concealer!!!  I need to go back and spend some more time.....maybe while I'm in CA if they have an Armani counter at Nordstrom.......I was feeling a bit 'pressured' yesterday so didn't tarry at the counter. I got the brown palette a little while back, but haven't yet used it - I'm debating exchanging it for the black one..........but I did get both fall lip colors!!
What did you think aboit the foundation? :)

shontay07108

I just got the new foundation and concealer. I wasn't planning on it, but I had a few extra bucks and decided to give it a go. I literally threw it on my face after ripping my box open just now. I like it so far. Good color match, amazing texture and gives pretty good coverage. Because of the texture, I thought the coverage would be next to nothing, but it's not. My biggest surprise, though is the concealer. It gives that highlighting effect under my eyes. Really, really nice. I'm anxious to see how it wears for the next few hours.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm interested in that concealer, now, especially since I haven't been happy with the last couple I've tried.

I was on a business trip this weekend and Wore my new Armani Neo-Black palette every day. I had Edward Bess South of France as an alternative for cheek colour, but other than that, I managed to mix things up a little just using my new palette. Worked like a dream, even when I was doing 12 hour days.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Armani Holiday collection.

My wallet is happy as this is absolutely something I do not need or like. And lip color next to the eyeshadow in a palette is a NO for me.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/09/coming-attraction-giorgio-armani_25.html

Fall palettes were much more better.

New upcoming quads.
These will be hard to resist.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/09/coming-attraction-giorgio-armani.html
I'm kind of tempted by the Snow palette, but I hate lip products in palettes at all, especially next to powders. So looks like I can skip this one.

The quads, as far as I know, are permanent, although it's really difficult for me to wait on things like this. The shades look beautiful, although I will say that a lot of the combinations remind me of Guerlain's quads. I'm sure I'll pick up at least one to try.