Armani Discussion

Ladychris11

Are there any opinions on the Luminessence BB Cream?Did anybody try it?

I really like that it has SPF 50 but it comes in only one "universal" shade and that scares me a bit because I am
very pale.
Interesting, but I am very pale as well!

LeeleeBell

Have you all tried the GA Lip Maestros (matte liquid lipstick that also stains). they look glossy here but they dry down to matte after a while & have great staying power

They are lovely & the color selection is awesome. I got mine at Saks

L-R #500, #400, #503

Flash

No Flash

MACina

WOW.....# 400 looks stunning
bigheart.gif

Thank you for the swatches LeeleeBell !!!
Have you all tried the GA Lip Maestros (matte liquid lipstick that also stains). they look glossy here but they dry down to matte after a while & have great staying power

They are lovely & the color selection is awesome. I got mine at Saks

L-R #500, #400, #503

Flash

No Flash

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks so much for the swatches! #503 looks amazing. Here's Temptalia's review of it as well:

http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-503-red-fuchsia-lip-maestro-review-photos-swatches

And here is the link to Messy Wands' swatches:

http://www.messywands.com/2012/11/giorgio-armani-lip-maestro-matte.html

I went by my Armani counter today, but it was an exercise in frustration. Both MUAs had clients getting their makeup done, so they had pulled almost all the new stuff away to use on those ladies. The Maestro lipsticks haven't arrived yet. The palettes have, but Moonlight white was nowhere to be found. Moonlight Beige is very pretty. While I think of it, here's T's review of that too:

http://www.temptalia.com/giorgio-armani-moonlight-beige-palette-review-photos-swatches

The shadow palettes were there, but they were trapped on the other side of one of the women having her makeup done. (The only Armani counter in Montreal is a tragedy... as soon as you have more than one person looking at the pretties, you're all pretty much stuck.

I tried the new foundation on and purposely put it on the driest, flakiest part of my face (the sides of my nose), but I didn't have any problems. I'm just nervous about trying it because if it doesn't work, it's a pricey mistake.

MACina

I wonder if the # 400 is somehow close to Chanel Dragon???

It looks a bit similar especially in LeeleeBells second pic.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I wonder if the # 400 is somehow close to Chanel Dragon???

It looks a bit similar especially in LeeleeBells second pic.
I agree. I wonder how Chanel feels about removing their liquid lipstick just as everyone else launched their own versions. The timing seems really strange.

MACina

I wonder the same thing!

Maybe they plan on releasing a new version/new shades of the RA Laques as they just did with
the RA Lipsticks?
th_dunno.gif

I agree. I wonder how Chanel feels about removing their liquid lipstick just as everyone else launched their own versions. The timing seems really strange.

shadowaddict

HELP!!! I am placing an order as I got T's email about the 20% off and by the way if you haven't seen it YSL is doing the same.

I'm going to get Lasting Sik foundation and Lum Silk compact for touch ups on the go. I heard/read it can be good for oily skin as well. Anyone can verify this?

Aslo wondering if I should get an ETK quad or maybe just 2 or 3 singles. I love greens (quite possibly own dupes, have a gazillion greens & purple) the #3 looks so gorgeous. I'm trying to control my fingers so I don't order half the site.

Icecaramellatte

HELP!!! I am placing an order as I got T's email about the 20% off and by the way if you haven't seen it YSL is doing the same.

I'm going to get Lasting Sik foundation and Lum Silk compact for touch ups on the go. I heard/read it can be good for oily skin as well. Anyone can verify this?

Aslo wondering if I should get an ETK quad or maybe just 2 or 3 singles. I love greens (quite possibly own dupes, have a gazillion greens & purple) the #3 looks so gorgeous. I'm trying to control my fingers so I don't order half the site.
I can't really help here. I'm kicking myself as I just bought a bunch of Armani stuff. I would love 20% off. I did have my eye on #3. The colors are soft so it kind of reminds me of spring. I would have thought they would have had some deeper colors but you know spring colors come out pretty early anyway. I saw a Burberry palette with soft green it it and when I swatched it, it did call to mind this palette so I decided to hold off and swatch them side by side to see which one I liked best. I don't think I have a green like it either. I haven't heard much about any singles.

shadowaddict

YSL Pure Chromatics e/s palette #10 is also calling my name. I really love the colors in it. I'm not going to buy the Armani and the YSL. I've never used YSL e/s before but I think I've heard good things about them. I wonder how they compare to Armani's.
001_unsure.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I bought the Armani Parma quad (purple) but haven't use it yet. I don't own any YSL eyeshadow, except the travel palette.

LeeleeBell - Thanks for the swatches! Do they have any scent?

katred - I tried the Neo-Black blush as a blush and I like it.

I got to try Maestro foundation a few more times and I like it very much. I don't remember it being dry on me, but today it does feel that way. Maybe it's the new office air.

shadowaddict

^^^Yes that has me also. I was so drawn to the colors earlier that I didn't even read this. I do like that they are not super shimmery and have few mattes considering my massive e/s collection. This might just be the deal breaker for me. While I love the colors in the YSL green paletee. Some mattes I find difficult to blend very well.

Benefits:
Eyes to Kill palette includes an extraordinary matte that easily blends with an exceptionally luminous satin veil.

Icecaramellatte

^^ I bought the Armani Parma quad (purple) but haven't use it yet. I don't own any YSL eyeshadow, except the travel palette.

LeeleeBell - Thanks for the swatches! Do they have any scent?

katred - I tried the Neo-Black blush as a blush and I like it.

I got to try Maestro foundation a few more times and I like it very much. I don't remember it being dry on me, but today it does feel that way. Maybe it's the new office air.

The Maestro foundation felt dry on me at first so I just started putting it on directly after I moisturized my face and I had no problems. Now that it is fall, I am using a heavier moisturizer so maybe I can wait for a while before I put on the foundation but I've gotten used to this routine now.

MACina

Me too....and in Artdeco (# 502)
heart.gif

The Red (# 400) is very pretty too but I have Chanel Dragon + BUs and that is why I am going to skip this
one.

Oooh! Thanks Macina! I found some on Messy Wands as well, although she seems to be missing colour 402. I'm definitely interested in Dark Velvet. Even the name gives me happy little shivers.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Surprise! Here's what we can expect from Armani for Spring. I think that continuing with the palettes is a smart idea. Not sure I love either of the colour schemes in these, but that's just my taste. I have a feeling I'll get suckered in when I meet them in person:

http://mackarrie.blogspot.ca/2012/11/armani-pop-collection-spring-2013.html

shadowaddict

The link isn't working for me. I'm getting something that looks like one of our cats types when he walks across my daughter's laptop.