Armani Discussion

MACina

I loooooove both palettes and the pink Blushing Farbic
eyelove.gif

Thank you Katred!
Surprise! Here's what we can expect from Armani for Spring. I think that continuing with the palettes is a smart idea. Not sure I love either of the colour schemes in these, but that's just my taste. I have a feeling I'll get suckered in when I meet them in person:

http://mackarrie.blogspot.ca/2012/11/armani-pop-collection-spring-2013.html

Miss QQ

Thanks, katred and MACina! MACina - Your link works for me. At first glance I don't like both palettes, but I see the look done on the model and I'm excited at the looks I can create with both palettes. I've not looked at the Blushing Fabric before. Is it a liquid blush? I prefer powder blushes.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to try that new lip formula, I like the 500.

Love the white packaging for spring, but I would never buy such a palette. Firstly because of the price
icon_eek.gif
, secondly because I don't like blush and e/s combined in one. Also I only wear neutral e/s shades, so I don't have any use for blues, etc.
If they'd sell the blush seperatly I would buy one, depending on if I like the color of course.

katred

Specktra Bestie
This link worked for me. I don't know why this one did but the other didn't.

The palettes aren't calling me which is good for my wallet.
I think the problem was that I posted the original link after I'd asked Google to translate it, so it got messed up. Glad you can open it now!

There's nothing I particularly dislike about the palettes, but I feel like I have dupes for the colours (famous last words) and at nearly $100 a pop, I can afford to pass up on them. The blushes included are lovely and spring-y though. Not crazy about the white packaging...

shadowaddict

I'd love to try that new lip formula, I like the 500.

Love the white packaging for spring, but I would never buy such a palette. Firstly because of the price
icon_eek.gif
, secondly because I don't like blush and e/s combined in one. Also I only wear neutral e/s shades, so I don't have any use for blues, etc.
If they'd sell the blush seperatly I would buy one, depending on if I like the color of course.
I'm the same way I don't like mixed palettes. I want e/s together and other prducts in their own packaging. Especially lippies, I hate lip products in palettes. They get so messy, at least for me.

Off topic: My favorite MAC packaging was Holiday 2004. I didn't know then when collections were launched and stumbled across this at the store. I bought the lavender colr e/s palette(doesn't show it) for my daughter and the turquoise lip palette for myself. This is when I learned lip palettes were not for me. The e/s palette was stolen from my daughter's backpack at a soccer game. Does anyone remember these. I couldn't find any good images. This one you'll have to scroll down about two thirds the way for a pic. It doesn't show the entire collection. But if you've never seen the packaging it's gorgeous, well to me. I thought some of you might want to see.

http://www.extralaces.com/retailtherapy/2004_12_01_retailtherapy_archive.html

LeeleeBell

Hi everyone :) Here are my latest GA haul goodies :) Pics taken with no flash. Cloudy day/minimal light

Lipstick # 408

Lip Maestro # 201 (in looove with it; its also new from this haul) on the left and GA # 408 on the right (looks sheer applied on my arm but is build able)

GA Eyes to Kill intense #24

Swatched on the left with #14 on the right for comparison (it was limited edition- my favorite e/s)

LeeleeBell

LeeleeBell - Thanks for the swatches! Do they have any scent?
I didn't notice any but checked again to answer your question. On the wand itself it smells a little chemically/synthetic (just a little) but on my lips I never noticed this scent.
I hate scented makeup so it would have put me off...

MACina

Lovely haul LeeleeBell
eyelove.gif

Thank you very much for the swatches.They confirm that I need the Lip Maestro # 201.It looks stunning
heart.gif

Lipstick # 408

Lip Maestro # 201 (in looove with it; its also new from this haul) on the left and GA # 408 on the right (looks sheer applied on my arm but is build able)

GA Eyes to Kill intense #24

Swatched on the left with #14 on the right for comparison (it was limited edition- my favorite e/s)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm interested in the corrector and concealer. I've started to develope dark circles and my usual concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover NW15) can't cover those up completely.
So my questions are: What would be the best shades for me? And also are they suitable for very dry & sensitive skin? I can't use scented products in my eye area. Well, at least most of them make my eyes water/burn.
I'm a tad lighter than NW15, so a lighter one than that would be great.
(any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well!)

Oh, and I was slightly interested in that cool toned neutral e/s quad (Tierra Sienna?) Were those LE? Seems like it's sold out. I thought those palettes were new to the permanent range.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm interested in the corrector and concealer. I've started to develope dark circles and my usual concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover NW15) can't cover those up completely.
So my questions are: What would be the best shades for me? And also are they suitable for very dry & sensitive skin? I can't use scented products in my eye area. Well, at least most of them make my eyes water/burn.
I'm a tad lighter than NW15, so a lighter one than that would be great.
(any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well!)

Oh, and I was slightly interested in that cool toned neutral e/s quad (Tierra Sienna?) Were those LE? Seems like it's sold out. I thought those palettes were new to the permanent range.
The palettes are permanent. If they're sold out, it probably just means that they sold through the initial shipment, but the Maestro liquid lippies and the palettes are here to stay. As long as anything stays in cosmetics.

Shadowy Lady

Oh man why do I keep coming to this thread? It's damaging to my wallet. I shall purchase Maestro lipstick in #400 (runing outta Chanel Dragon), #201 and #502. I'm so predictable with lip colours, lol
th_rolleye0014.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think we have a winner in the "find a replacement for Chanel Dragon" sweepstakes... I haven't even had a chance to look at these yet. Every time I go by the Armani counter, it's a flippin' zoo. I did kind of get to swatch the shadow palettes, but they had them sort of shoved under part of the counter (they're in a really tiny space). One of the SA's tried to help me, but there were too many customers and they were preparing for the Lip Maestro launch event, so the most he could do was leave the palettes on a table for me for a couple of minutes.

As I suspected, Pantelleria and Boudoir were my favourites. The formula is really nice, although I still remain to be convinced about how useful the thin strip pans are vs squared ones.

MACina

iagree.gif
....and that is really great!

I still have Dragon + BUs.But I do not have to worry about running out of it anymore.
I think we have a winner in the "find a replacement for Chanel Dragon" sweepstakes... I haven't even had a chance to look at these yet. Every time I go by the Armani counter, it's a flippin' zoo. I did kind of get to swatch the shadow palettes, but they had them sort of shoved under part of the counter (they're in a really tiny space). One of the SA's tried to help me, but there were too many customers and they were preparing for the Lip Maestro launch event, so the most he could do was leave the palettes on a table for me for a couple of minutes.

As I suspected, Pantelleria and Boudoir were my favourites. The formula is really nice, although I still remain to be convinced about how useful the thin strip pans are vs squared ones.

shadowaddict

These are my favorites also. I have not seen them in person but they look so pretty especially Pantelleria for the green lover in me. Are the stripes quite small and slim. I like square ones also. I find them easier to use. How true are the colors as oposed to the online swatches?

I also like the colors in YSL's Pure Chromatics palette in #10. It looks a bit sparkly online. Anyone checked this one out?

http://www.yslbeautyus.com/Pure-Chromatics/495YSL,default,pd.html?cgid=makeup-eyeshadow&start=1

I just need to go play at Nordies and not get too sucked in surounded by all the goodies. I could live in that area of the store.

katred

Specktra Bestie
These are my favorites also. I have not seen them in person but they look so pretty especially Pantelleria for the green lover in me. Are the stripes quite small and slim. I like square ones also. I find them easier to use. How true are the colors as oposed to the online swatches?

I also like the colors in YSL's Pure Chromatics palette in #10. It looks a bit sparkly online. Anyone checked this one out?

http://www.yslbeautyus.com/Pure-Chromatics/495YSL,default,pd.html?cgid=makeup-eyeshadow&start=1

I just need to go play at Nordies and not get too sucked in surounded by all the goodies. I could live in that area of the store.
I found that the swatches are pretty representative, actually. There is always something about these shades in person that the camera can't quite capture, but they're a good guide in terms of what the colours look like. At least the ones that I've seen...

Latest posts