Armani Discussion

shadowaddict

Thanks Kate. I tried to make it over to that mall but didn't have time. I've got to get a bit more shopping done so I plan to get over there Tues or Wed.

MACina

Better not...
th_roll1.gif

Never pass by an Armani counter when you're trying to do Christmas shopping.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Dark Velvet somehow jumped into my purse and became part of my Christmas makeup. Can't believe how light this formula feels. Like all liquid lipsticks, it requires a bit of technique when applying, but i'm really impressed. Funny thing, it looked more like a deep brown-red when I swatched it on my hand, but on my lips, it's not nearly as warm. I feel like lipsticks are refusing to pull warm on my lips. It is a really deep, lush colour, though. The MUA immediately grabbed it from the selection and said "THIS is the one you're going to want!" She was absolutely right.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I know it looks beautiful on you Kate!
Why thank you! Here's what it looks like, actually.

The formula does pull into my lip lines a little, but it's not very noticeable. I found the lasting power was very good and even after eating, it left a nice, even stain. The real selling point, though, is the way it feels. It's like having nothing at all on. There's no weight, it doesn't give me that tight feeling a lot of liquid lipsticks do, it doesn't crack or become uneven. Quite remarkable. Although my MUA warned me that reapplication was tricky, I found that it was incredibly easy. I didn't get any feathering or smudging and I reapplied a couple of times during the day (I was cooking, so a lot of tasting was involved!).

Miss QQ

Very beautiful! I agree that lip colours tend to look cool and not warm on you. Quite sure it won't look that pretty on me. Lip maestro will launch at my counter in early January. I'll be looking out for 400. Is it the same shade as RdA 400? I've not seen RdA400 before, I hope I get to swatch it since its the famous red. I'm curious to know if Lip Maestro is too dry for my lips.

Shypo

Wow that really looks great on you! And I love the blond hair! You do red lips amazingly well.......it wouldn't look that good on me either MissQQ ;).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you very much, ladies! Miss QQ- I believe that #400 is supposed to be like the RdA of the same number. It's the sort of iconic, bold, cardinal red lip. And I don't think it would feel too drying. I've never come across a liquid lipstick that wasn't either drying or prone to bleeding, but this one isn't. (If you eat something oily, you might experience a little bleeding around the edges. I did notice some after Christmas dinner, but it was easy enough to wipe away.)

Miss QQ

The palette is gorgeous! I feel I have dupes, but it is nice to have all the colours in a pretty, white palette.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here is a look she did using the Spring Face & Eye Bliss Palette No. 1 and the Rouge d`Armani Sheer in Beige # 100:

http://www.beautezine.com/look-book-blue-bliss/

And here is the review on the Rouge d' Armani Sheer in Beige # 100:

http://www.beautezine.com/giorgio-a...ni-sheer-in-beige-100-review-photos-swatches/
I still don't know if I'm sold on the concept of a sheer beige-toned lipstick. Sounds like it would just be a very expensive tinted lip balm. But it does look really nice on her, very spring like and fresh. Although she'd said that the turquoise wasn't as pigmented as the other shades, I don't have any trouble seeing it on her eyes...

Shypo

I love the white compact! And I too thought they swatched pretty well to be 'less than expected'. Not sure if I'll plunk down the dough - I wouldn't use the blue. It looks great on her though!!
yes.gif

Sheer beige would be 'sheer dead' on my Saran-wrap lips.
nope.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love the white compact! And I too thought they swatched pretty well to be 'less than expected'. Not sure if I'll plunk down the dough - I wouldn't use the blue. It looks great on her though!!
yes.gif

Sheer beige would be 'sheer dead' on my Saran-wrap lips.
nope.gif
Lol... Saran Wrap... I'm not sure that shade would work on me, but the rosier colour she refers to might.

MACina

Yes, "spring" came into my mind immediatly too
heart.gif

I agree with you on the pigmentation.The turquoise looks nicely pigmented on her!

The lippie is definitely a skip for me.I have Tropical Mist from CR collection which gives me
similar pretty nude shimmer.

My thoughts exactly. These didn't appeal to me as much at first, but now I feel like maybe I spoke too soon. Although I think it might be partly because I just love those little Armani palettes.

I still don't know if I'm sold on the concept of a sheer beige-toned lipstick. Sounds like it would just be a very expensive tinted lip balm. But it does look really nice on her, very spring like and fresh. Although she'd said that the turquoise wasn't as pigmented as the other shades, I don't have any trouble seeing it on her eyes...

pilina

Hi everyone!

My english ins't perfect, so please forgive me my eventual mistakes.

I live in Poland and I'm dying for ETK shadow 27 oxidised silver.
Unfortunately, it's no longer available in my country.

Have you heard anything about it to join to the permanent collection?
Or maybe you know any international online shop where I can buy this shade?
The few I found offer extremely expensive postage to Poland (e.g. nordstorm) what doubles the price of eyeshadow.

greetings from Poland
bouquet.gif

MACina

I received the spring palettes today...they are both sooooooooo pretty
eyelove.gif

I am totally in love with them
love.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I received the spring palettes today...they are both sooooooooo pretty
eyelove.gif

I am totally in love with them
love.gif

Those are pretty. Dying to know what you think of them. I've found the quality of the shadows in all these Armani mini-palettes to be excellent, even if I opted not to buy them. They even seemed more pigmented than the new Quattro shadow palettes.

Anneri

I received the spring palettes today...they are both sooooooooo pretty :eyelove: I am totally in love with them :love:
Macina could you swatch the second one, because I've only seen swatches of the one with the light blue e/s?!