Armani Discussion

kpxgenie

I'm a NW20 in MAC foundation. In the Maestro, the 5 was a little pale and the 5.5 was perfect. The 5.5 Luminous Silk was a bit dark and looked orangeish on me.
Do you happen to have swatches? I use Luminous Silk in 5 (a weeee bit light but w/ bronzer its ok). I'm NC25 in MAC foundations and I want to try Maestro.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Do you happen to have swatches? I use Luminous Silk in 5 (a weeee bit light but w/ bronzer its ok). I'm NC25 in MAC foundations and I want to try Maestro.
I dumped the rest of the 5.5 Maestro in with the sample of 5 trying to get a few more days out of it. Let me check and see if I have any other samples of it I can swatch. The sample packet of Luminous silk I tossed after I applied it as I looked like an Oompa Loompa with it on. LOL

shadowaddict

I don't use a primer and I have combo oily skin and get great lasting power, I do set with powder.
I have oily skin, sometimes combo. My skin is moody. I use the Lasting Silk but have heard great reviews about Lum Silk. I may have to get a sample and see how it does. I do have the Lum Silk powder compact I carry in my handbag for touchups and I really like it.

Sugar & Spice

I have oily skin, sometimes combo. My skin is moody. I use the Lasting Silk but have heard great reviews about Lum Silk. I may have to get a sample and see how it does. I do have the Lum Silk powder compact I carry in my handbag for touchups and I really like it.
I started out using the Lasting Silk but I really don't like a matte finish or formulas that are designed to control oil. I'd rather a little shine come through, then I can apply powder and build to the matteness I want and I do exactly that with Luminous Silk. I lightly set it when I first apply it, then I lightly touch up mid day and I still maintain that "luminous" glow without the foundation melting off my face.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So... Some time between March and May, we're going to see a new gloss from Armani, a super-high-shine formula called "Flash Lacquer". Not exactly sure how these will differ from the Gloss d'Armani, which is already my favourite gloss, but chances are it won't be difficult to find a shade because there's 36 to choose from.
jawdrop.gif
Here are some details from BTiB:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/coming-attraction-giorgio-armani-beauty.html

Also, here's a look at the Summer collection, which will be another of their adorable little face and eye palettes and two limited glosses in shades of orange:

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/03/giorgio-armani-summer-2013-makeup-collection-preview-photos.html

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm excited for those new glosses and I'm liking the summer face palette too. Don't think I would buy that one, but I would like to try a gloss.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm excited for those new glosses and I'm liking the summer face palette too. Don't think I would buy that one, but I would like to try a gloss.
That's what I was thinking. I don't know that I'd wear the Summer palette, but the glosses look pretty. I'm more interested in the permanent glosses, though, since there will be such a range of shades available. I can't wait to see a complete list.

MACina

So... Some time between March and May, we're going to see a new gloss from Armani, a super-high-shine formula called "Flash Lacquer". Not exactly sure how these will differ from the Gloss d'Armani, which is already my favourite gloss, but chances are it won't be difficult to find a shade because there's 36 to choose from.
jawdrop.gif
Here are some details from BTiB:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/coming-attraction-giorgio-armani-beauty.html

Also, here's a look at the Summer collection, which will be another of their adorable little face and eye palettes and two limited glosses in shades of orange:

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/03/giorgio-armani-summer-2013-makeup-collection-preview-photos.html

Thank you for sharing
bouquet.gif

I am with you, katred! I am much more interested in the new perm glosses
pompom.gif

I think that the summer collection is a skip for me.

shadowaddict

I started out using the Lasting Silk but I really don't like a matte finish or formulas that are designed to control oil. I'd rather a little shine come through, then I can apply powder and build to the matteness I want and I do exactly that with Luminous Silk. I lightly set it when I first apply it, then I lightly touch up mid day and I still maintain that "luminous" glow without the foundation melting off my face.
Thanks, it's good to know that it didn't make you super oily. I still haven't made it to the counter to get a sample of the Luminous Silk. I'd like to give it a go and see how works with my skin.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have to say that I'm not super-excited for any of the summer collections I've seen, but there are a lot of new products coming out that I want to try, so it may just be a matter of using the down time to catch up on new launches. Nars has some unconventional colours that I'm interested in, but the typical bronzes and golds of summer don't suit me especially well, so other than that, I think I'll be investing in new glosses from Armani and Guerlain, getting caught up on Satin lip pencils from Nars and grabbing more Hourglass powders.

shadowaddict

The Hourglass powders do look so pretty. I hope my Sephora gets them so I can check them out in person.

Also YSL has a really pretty nail polish. It's called something jade. But I super hate to pay that for n/p so I'm hoping to find a dupe.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So my Armani counter went rebel and put out a few of the Flash Lacquers early. They are extremely soft, completely non-sticky and have more opaque colour coverage than the regular Gloss d'Armani. I picked up "Black Pearl" which is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the name... Just gorgeous. I hope that they keep both lines of gloss, though, because I think they serve different purposes and have different strengths.

Shypo

Thanks for the info Kate! I cannot wait to see these!! I bet Black Pearl looks amazing on you! Tres avant garde.......

I'm the same way about the summer collections - 'bronze' ain't my thing. Like you say, a good time to get caught up on some of the other items.....the Hourglass powders are TDF....I use Mood Light every day, but have 5 of the 6 and love them all. Radiant Light was too 'shimmery' for my taste (swatched on my hand) but as I understand it, the sparkly doesn't translate to the face, but I'm not convinced. I'll stick with the 'glow' I get from the other colors. LOVE THEM.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Swatches of the Flash Lacquers: http://www.kaisobsessions.com/?p=1635

I think I want 107.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the photos! I tried on #524, which looks like a sort of glossy candy coating. I like #519 and #608 as well.

Here's a photo of me wearing Black Pearl. It's a subtler effect, but very pretty. I feel like it's the grown-up version of a goth lip...

The full face photo is more accurate.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the photos! I tried on #524, which looks like a sort of glossy candy coating. I like #519 and #608 as well.

Here's a photo of me wearing Black Pearl. It's a subtler effect, but very pretty. I feel like it's the grown-up version of a goth lip...

The full face photo is more accurate.
I meant to try this one! Darn! Looking great Kate

I picked up 5 of these glosses today. I wanted to put some back but just couldn't. After hunting some Armani glosses not too long ago, I was determined not to go through that again. Plus Bloomies had Triple points today so it was easy to justify it. The only thing is, I didn't dare ask about those new makeup bases (I forgot the name of them) but that coral color looked so nice. Next time.

Icecaramellatte

Ooh I just noticed, I can actually read the numbers on the gloss tubes. Yay! One of the MA said a while back that they were redoing them so you could read them. She was right.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ooh I just noticed, I can actually read the numbers on the gloss tubes. Yay! One of the MA said a while back that they were redoing them so you could read them. She was right.
Thankfully. I also noticed that these ones have the proper name on the boxes. Not that I keep the boxes, but the words "BLack Pearl" were clearly visible on the top of the box when I opened it.

So which glosses did you get? How do you like them? I'm dying to try one of the more pigmented colours.