Armani Discussion

Monsy

ok so here is the question - i have been using YSl touch eclat 2 because it's pinkish and it's great for over concealer under my eyes to neutralize darkness. I noticed maestro concealer is also pinkish so I am wondering has anyone who used YSL tried also maestro one to compare them? It's the same price and maestro is huge in size compared to ysl

shontay07108

I tried Maestro when it was first released and then returned it. I prefer Touche Eclat. Maestro just didn't look natural on me. It didn't melt into my skin the way Touche Eclat does. Plus, I don't recommend it if you have dry skin.

powderprincess

I have both and I think they are two completely different products. Touch éclat is a highlighter to brighten the under eye and other areas. While, Armani maestro is a corrector that diminishes grey and purple dark circles and it is to be worn under concealer. I use shade 4.5 and I am NC25. It's very important to find the right shade and to apply it with your finger and not a brush. Maestro is an amazing product that melts into my skin and the tube will most likely last me over a year. Hope that helps.

Monsy

thank you both so much
i guess i'll stick with ysl although i ordered lancome miracle pen couple days ago

katred

Specktra Bestie
A little info and a couple of photos from the Fall 2013 collection:

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/06/giorgio-armani-fall-2013-makeup-collection-preview-photos.html

Am I the only one that thinks the new foundation shades are lacking some darker colours? Obviously, my problems tend to be on the other end of the scale, but even the darkest shades look more medium-deep beige to me...

I'm curious about the lipsticks, because she refers to them by a different name- Rouge Ecstasy. Wonder if they're a new formula, different than the Rouge d'Armani? They're in different packaging...

SamanthaDeMuro

I love the Giorgio Armani Silk Loose Powder. I used to use MAC's loose powder in NW20 but they discontinued that color. They still have it in the pressed form. But I like a good loose powder. So I gave this a go and now it's my favorite! It's pricey, but worth it. Also love all of their mascaras and lip products. It's all worth the money. Now this may have already been answered, but what is y'all's favorite Armani Foundation and how do you know what color you'd be? I'm using #2 in the powder so I wonder how that translates. I've heard nothing but awesome things about their foundation so could someone recommend which one is best and why? Thank you.

katred

Specktra Bestie
A quick peek at some of the nail lacquers. Supposedly, they are a gel-like formula to make them more long-lasting. We shall see...

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/07/giorgio-armani-nail-lacquers-sneak-peek.html

shadowaddict

I love the Giorgio Armani Silk Loose Powder. I used to use MAC's loose powder in NW20 but they discontinued that color. They still have it in the pressed form. But I like a good loose powder. So I gave this a go and now it's my favorite! It's pricey, but worth it. Also love all of their mascaras and lip products. It's all worth the money. Now this may have already been answered, but what is y'all's favorite Armani Foundation and how do you know what color you'd be? I'm using #2 in the powder so I wonder how that translates. I've heard nothing but awesome things about their foundation so could someone recommend which one is best and why? Thank you.
I have oily 50yr old skin so I use Lasting Silk. I want a matte finish but not flat and dull. I like the coverage of LS and it does pretty well with my oilies. I just wish it came it a couple of lighter shades. I just ordered Burberry Velvet to see how it compares. I haven't tried Armani loose powder. I switch up between Chanel and LM. I do carry the Lum Silk powder compact in my bag for touch ups.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Details on the Fall collection. Text is in German, but there are photos...

http://mackarrie.blogspot.ca/2013/07/armani-fall-collection-2013.html

Icecaramellatte

Ooh! Thanks for posting. Really excited to see new Eyes to Kill shadows! I wonder if they are limited edition.

MACina

LOL....I just came to post this link!

I am totally overwhelmed....such a stunning collection
th_drool.gif

OMG....
thud.gif

The new EtKs are to die for and I loveeee both palettes
eyelove.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
One thing about Armani LEs is that they tend to hang around forever. My counter still has a few of the limited ones from last year and all of them seem to be available on line from Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. Only the little palettes seem to move really quickly. I'm definitely interested in the EtK shadows (a few of them) and I can't imagine that I won't be tempted by one or two of the lipsticks. RdA is probably my favourite lipstick formula.

MACina

Lucky you! I have to order online and most of the stuff sells out super fast!

I really wish that it would be less stressful to get your goodies here in Germany...
One thing about Armani LEs is that they tend to hang around forever. My counter still has a few of the limited ones from last year and all of them seem to be available on line from Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. Only the little palettes seem to move really quickly. I'm definitely interested in the EtK shadows (a few of them) and I can't imagine that I won't be tempted by one or two of the lipsticks. RdA is probably my favourite lipstick formula.

vaisforluvrs

ITA. I definitely need to find out what that is!
Looks like maybe #4 in the pic? Just a guess!

Those palettes look great, but I just returned the bronze palette because it was not worth the $. I might have to see these in person. I do like the lipsticks and the etk though.

Haven

I just wish that the blushes and powder shadows were packaged separately. Of the palettes that I have, typically the quality/like of product is hit or miss. I like the shadows in some and the blushes in others, but I have yet to be wowed by an entire palette.

Miss QQ

Love the look for both palettes! Very excited about the EtK too, especially the peachy-pink one. It's been a long time since I bought myself some Armani makeup!

Icecaramellatte

The MacKarrie.com site says these are releasing August 19th but I wonder if this is the same for the US. Has anyone heard? I may have to call my local counter so I can prepare.

In other Armani news, I picked up an Eyes to Kill Quad at an outlet a few weeks ago. So surprising to see Armani. They didn't have much though.