Armani Discussion

MACina

I totally agree with you, Katred!
The texture of the eyeshadows and the blushes is really very nice.
I don' t have any of the new Quattros and not compare them.I do only have one of the "old" Quattros and LE ones and I definitely like the eyehshadows included in the mini-palettes better too.

Macina could you swatch the second one, because I've only seen swatches of the one with the light blue e/s?!

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the picture! I hope to see reviews and swatches of the purple palette too. Which do you prefer? I like them very much, but I'm not even sure if my counter is getting them.

Anneri

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina

Anneri, I will try to do swatches as soon as there is enough daylight outside.We are having very cloudy days here ATM
ssad.gif

I can totally relate, it's looking like the world is going to end over here - plus, why has it to be *this* stormy?!

MACina

I just played with the # 2 palette and here are my thoughts:

Powder: The powder is defnitely a powder and NOT a blush.It does nearly have the color of my skin.It is just a subtle, rosy color and I will use all over as a face powder.
I think that it is comparable to a MAC Beauty Powder.It has more a matte base but does also have some sheen/shimmer.Hard to describe
blush-anim-cl.gif

Eyeshadows: ARMANI....they have this "typical" Armani texture.Soft and smooth and they melt into the skin and leave a beautiful shimmer.It feels a bit like silk on the skin.The purple one looks a bit like MAC Stars'N'Rockets eyeshadow.It has a purple/blue duochrome shimmer.Very pretty!The other 2 eyeshadows are more neutral but very pretty colors.They have more a "silky shimmer" whereas the purple one has more this duochrome shimmer.I hope that "silky shimmer" makes sense.Again hard to describe.
They are definitely more sheer.Especially the 2 neutral ones.The purple eyeshadow is more buildable,though.But I am not sure if I want them to be too opaque because I love them for this subtle, silky shimmer
heart.gif

I have not yet played with the other one and therefore I cannot select a favorite but I have a feeling that I won' t be able to select a winner since they are quite different and both right up my alley colorwise.

Ok....I tried to make swatches but I am not sure if makes sense to post them since they do NOT show the colors how they look IRL AT ALL.
They look quite chalky in the swatches and the shimmer is not visible at all
crybaby.gif

The powder is on the far left.As you can see it is (nearly) invisible on my skin.

If you plan on getting the palettes please check them out in person before you make a decision!

I can totally relate, it's looking like the world is going to end over here - plus, why has it to be *this* stormy?!

MadTheologian

I am thinking of getting the Maestro foundation. Do any of you know of a shade conversion chart using MAC codes? I did check T's matrix, but Maestro is not yet listed. Thanks in advance!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I am thinking of getting the Maestro foundation. Do any of you know of a shade conversion chart using MAC codes? I did check T's matrix, but Maestro is not yet listed. Thanks in advance!
Armani's foundation codes are generally pretty consistent from one formula to another, so if you check for another one of their foundations on the Temptalia matrix, the colour match should apply to the MAestro foundation as well. I'm NC15 and the only one that's really light enough for me is #2.

MadTheologian

Thank you for the tip, katred!
Armani's foundation codes are generally pretty consistent from one formula to another, so if you check for another one of their foundations on the Temptalia matrix, the colour match should apply to the MAestro foundation  as well. I'm NC15 and the only one that's really light enough for me is #2. 

smokeyrose

I am a little late to the game, but I just got one of the ETK eyeshadows and I am super impressed. It's what I have GbA MES always wanted to look like. And I haven't even used it wet while I have to use the MES wet and over a dark base to get an result that is somewhat similar.

Not sure there is one, strictly speaking. They're a powder, so I don't think they'd go off. At least I hope they won't, because you really don't need to use much of them, so I'm likely to be buried with the ones I have.
Really? I was under the impression they were some sort of cream to powder eyeshadow, which would reduce the self life drastically. Can anyone shed some light onto this? *confused*

smokeyrose

^ I have been reading about that brush too and found a beauty blogger on yt who used it but said she prefered Shu Uemura 18 for foundation so I am lemming that now
angelic.gif

kpxgenie

I love love love love GA's Luminous Silk foundation! A friend introduced me to it and it feels soooo silky, gives nice medium coverage, and leaves a natural, slightly satin finish. I'm asian, nc25 with yellow undertones and I use shade 5. My friend is the same as me with stronger yellow undertones and she uses 5.5. I'm wanting to try the GA Designer Lift foundations. Anyone try these yet? It supposedly uses "Blue light" to counter any discolorations. This girl has a great review on it. http://www.frontrowbeauty.com/giorgio-armani-designer-lift-smoothing-firming-foundation-review/

DILLIGAF

I recently purchased Smoldering Plum from the Loreal line and it is an exact dupe for ETK in #2. *sigh* I wish I knew before I bought the ETK. Well my sister now has the Loreal one for her collection

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a NW20 in MAC foundation. In the Maestro, the 5 was a little pale and the 5.5 was perfect. The 5.5 Luminous Silk was a bit dark and looked orangeish on me.

califabulous

i sampled armani maestro and it was beautiful! so smooth and light it felt like nothing was on my skin! the color match was spot on I tried shade 10. But after testing it, i had a sort of break out...like when I used smashbox primer. it must be the silicone. I really loved it though. AND i refuse to toss my sample. I want to try luminous silk next. I went to get a sample of shade 9 but it looked way too light. I didn't have time to color match so maybe I will try another time.

shadowaddict

I hope it is good, I just ordered one last week. *anxiously waiting for package to arrive*
I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I use Armani Lasting Silk foundation and I think this would be good to use with it. I am thinking of trying Burberry Velvet foundation it is also a liquid so the brush I choose would be good I suppose for any liquid foundation.

I will have to check out the Shu #18. I pulled up some reviews and people seem to love it as well.

Sugar & Spice

i sampled armani maestro and it was beautiful! so smooth and light it felt like nothing was on my skin! the color match was spot on I tried shade 10. But after testing it, i had a sort of break out...like when I used smashbox primer. it must be the silicone. I really loved it though. AND i refuse to toss my sample. I want to try luminous silk next. I went to get a sample of shade 9 but it looked way to light. I didn't have time to color match so maybe I will try another time.
Luminous Silk is my HG foundation and yes #9 is too light for you, #10 would probably be your match.