Armani Discussion

shontay07108

[quote name="Ingenue" url="/forum/thread/175036/armani-discussion/60#post_2144101"]

Lust Red is a MUST HAVE. Blast of Blue is not as 'blue' as I'd like it to be. Black is excellent (#13) because you can use it so many different ways. But if you must choose only one, get Lust Red. It's truly worth it.
[/quote] Thanks for the recommendation. Like I said before, I have issues so I am definitely getting at least 2. :lol: I actually like that BoB isn't really blue. Even though it's my favorite color, I don't think blue shadow looks good on me. :dunno: Lust Red is calling me b/c it kinda reminds me of Mac's Beauty Marked, but I think you might know how that one can test your faith. Oh, can you tell me if the black one makes a good liner? Even more of a reason to buy it, if so.

Ingenue

I use the black one as a liner, a brow color (sometimes I like my brows black if the look calls for it), and an eyeshadow. It's totally versatile. Lust Red looks like what Beauty Marked is SUPPOSED to look like. You know how Beauty Marked goes BLACK on the skin (no damned shimmer)... well Lust Red shows up on your skin, the way it looks in the pot. You can also use it as a base to bring out Beauty Marked and Bobbi Brown's Blackberry.

shontay07108

[quote name="Ingenue" url="/forum/thread/175036/armani-discussion/60#post_2144126"] I use the black one as a liner, a brow color (sometimes I like my brows black if the look calls for it), and an eyeshadow. It's totally versatile. Lust Red looks like what Beauty Marked is SUPPOSED to look like. You know how Beauty Marked goes BLACK on the skin (no damned shimmer)... well you Lust Red shows up on your skin, the way it looks in the pot. You can also use it as a base to bring out Beauty Marked and Bobbi Brown's Blackberry.
[/quote] Thanks. Now I'm really excited to get my hands on those two.

Ingenue

It is! Depending on what you pair it with, it can go from burgundy, to berry, to purple (ish).

Shypo

Le sigh......
sigh.gif

LOVE ETKI!

Winthrop44

I saw the new pink Rouge d'Armanis at Nordies tonight - like Ingenue, the others just didn't seem unique to me. They were really pretty, [and I may eat my words and go back for one of them (523 I think it was)] - so if you like the formula, any of them would be great.

I third that. I do love the formula though so I ended up with 521. I also finally got around to trying their bronzer in #1 and I really love it on -- so much more than Chanel's latest or any others I've ever tried tbh. I've always read that it's really scary looking in the pan but geesh, it's even scarier than I imagined.

Shypo

Hmmmmmm......makes note to self.....check out Armani #1 bronzer......I've never looked at it.

I'll be hitting Nordies again this weekend I think - I'm really considering that 523.........

Winthrop44

The #1 bronzer is very unpigmented Cheryl..which is actually a good thing considering the color in the pan. I'd be curious to know if it would show up on you.

Ingenue

The #1 bronzer is very unpigmented Cheryl..which is actually a good thing considering the color in the pan. I'd be curious to know if it would show up on you.
It really depends on how you put it on. You can totally pack that color. It's a chocolate/bronze/rose. All of those bronzers are sheer, but you can pack them for a solid color payout.

Winthrop44

I'm so used to having to apply everything with a skunk brush, and even then using a light hand, so to apply this with a dense kabuki (or even swipe it with my finger) and get so little pigment is actually refreshing to me. I'd really have to try to overdo it.

Ingenue

I agree. You do have to work to make the pigment show up. They weren't kidding when they called it a 'sheer' bronzer. I love all of them. I trade them off as blushes and highlighters, respectively.

Shypo

Oh my gosh!!! THIS #1 BRONZER?!!!!?
holysheep.gif
I know their swatches aren't always accurate, but WOW!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/giorgio-armani-sheer-bronzer/3008314?origin=category&resultback=2326

That's just scary.

Ingenue

lol.gif
It's even darker (in the pot) in person.. if you can believe that. But it swatches totally sheer and 'rosy.' I absolutely love it.

User38

this bronzer has become my summer staple.. it is just perfect and like Winthrop said cannot be overdone (I have the #1) ... a little Chanel PE higher up on the cheeks and I get a great sunny and contoured face. It is so easy and that says a lot.

Shypo

I just ordered one to pick up at Nordies on Friday - I cannot wait to try it!! In fact, I may have to go get it tomorrow! Thanks for the great rec!!

Ingenue

Oh my gosh!!! THIS #1 BRONZER?!!!!?
holysheep.gif
I know their swatches aren't always accurate, but WOW!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/giorgio-armani-sheer-bronzer/3008314?origin=category&resultback=2326

That's just scary.
OMG I didn't even see the swatches... I was looking at the pot! They did NOT swatch it BLACK... omg. Yeah, that swatch is totally off.
lol.gif

Latest posts