Armani Discussion

Icecaramellatte

whistle.gif
Oh I'm definitely not buying any of this...

http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=jadecogirl&month=01-2015&date=12&group=9&gblog=170

Ooh I like all of these.

Quote: Originally Posted by newface

So I am kind of annoyed I missed out on the free lip thing they were giving away with any Armani purchase on Neiman Marcus.com since I was too chicken and didn't purchase tthe item In my cart. Would anyone have a swatch or picture of it applied so that I can try to convince myself that it wouldnt have worked for me? I am still kicking myself. Thanks!
Oh no! I didn't hear about this.

Medgal07

So I am kind of annoyed I missed out on the free lip thing they were giving away with any Armani purchase on Neiman Marcus.com since I was too chicken and didn't purchase tthe item In my cart. Would anyone have a swatch or picture of it applied so that I can try to convince myself that it wouldnt have worked for me? I am still kicking myself. Thanks!
Newface, you didn't miss anything! When they put it in my cart it looked full size but in reality it's a mere fraction of the full sized product. The color is 109
(giorgioarmaniflashlacquer109), a very pale peachy-pink w/shimmer.

newface

[COLOR=0000FF] Newface, you didn't miss anything!  When they put it in my cart it looked full size but in reality it's a mere fraction of the full sized product.  The color is 109[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  ([/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]giorgioarmani[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]flashlacquer109[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]), a very [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]pale peachy-pink w/shimmer.[/COLOR]
Thanks for letting me know about it. I thought it said it was a full size product. Ah well. I hope there will be another promo soon. I'd still like to purchase the 2 other colors and I love getting extras when I do,

Medgal07

Thanks for letting me know about it. I thought it said it was a full size product. Ah well. I hope there will be another promo soon. I'd still like to purchase the 2 other colors and I love getting extras when I do,
friends.gif
Extras are always nice, but especially at these price points.

EllaS

NM has the runway collection up (NP, Rouge Sheer and Palette) http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.jsp?Ns=SELLABLE_DATE|1&pageSize=120&N=4294914308+&Ntt=giorgio+armani

I was all set to get the NP until I saw it was $30. Why? They're normally $20 for like a SAMPLE SIZE BOTTLE. Seriously. It's tiny. Hmmpphh. I can't buy the other two items without having seen swatches. And where is the spring collection? I thought that would be out first!

(This whole post sounds so grumpy LOL! RAWRRRR!!!)

Medgal07

NM has the runway collection up (NP, Rouge Sheer and Palette) http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.jsp?Ns=SELLABLE_DATE|1&pageSize=120&N=4294914308+&Ntt=giorgio+armani

I was all set to get the NP until I saw it was $30. Why? They're normally $20 for like a SAMPLE SIZE BOTTLE. Seriously. It's tiny. Hmmpphh. I can't buy the other two items without having seen swatches. And where is the spring collection? I thought that would be out first!

(This whole post sounds so grumpy LOL! RAWRRRR!!!)
lol.gif
lmao.gif
th_roll1.gif
Sounds like confessions of a makeup addict!!!
th_cheerup.gif

EllaS

lol.gif
lmao.gif
th_roll1.gif
Sounds like confessions of a makeup addict!!!
th_cheerup.gif
LOL!!
busted.gif
girlhaha.gif
Well I've slept on it, and I am still mad the NP is $10 more! The Rouge D'armani sheer is also more ($40 compared to $34 or $35, depending on department store) and at $120 that palette is $20 more than the holiday offering. I think I'll be waiting for the spring collection...and hoping they don't raise the prices on those items too! (And to think earlier in this thread I defended GA's prices...perhaps I spoke too soon!)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Would someone be able to post screen grabs of the Runway Collection? Because I'm in Canada NM's website won't let me view it

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much. We'll see if this collection makes it to Canada but the only thing that might interest me is the palette. The polish is gorgeous, but I'll look for a cheaper dupe.

Icecaramellatte

I like the looks of the palette too. I'm thinking maybe the price difference has to do with special packaging but that is not much of an excuse. I need to see swatches as well as the palette is so pricey.

EllaS

So just out of curiosity I did a price by volume comparison. Tom Ford nail polish is .41 ounces for $32. The standard line of GA nail polish is .2 ounces for $20. That values Tom Ford NP at roughly $78/oz and GA nail polish at $100/oz. So already, GA is priced quite a bit above TF which I would consider a comparable luxury line.

Now the runway NP is priced at $30, so that would make it $150/oz!
ohboy.gif

So, one more comparison with the highest end NP I'm familiar with: Christian Louboutin nail polish is .4 oz for $50, so that makes it $125/oz. So Armani has even outdone Louboutin with this price tag!

EDIT: In fairness I just wanted to add that, while I don't have many GA NPs, the ones I have are fantastic and I think being on par with TF or, at most, in between TF and Louboutin would be reasonable. But with Louboutin you also get that bottle! So I think to price themselves above Louboutin is just unreasonable. But my complaint has nothing to do with the product because I think their NPs are superb.

EllaS

I like the looks of the palette too. I'm thinking maybe the price difference has to do with special packaging but that is not much of an excuse. I need to see swatches as well as the palette is so pricey.
I agree the palette is pretty but it's not clear whether there's special packaging based on the images they're showing. Looks like the standard GA packaging so I just figured they upped the price because it's a "runway collection" and they think that should have more value. But I bought that special "one night only" Rouge Ecstasy back in October and it was the standard RE price. I guess that's why I am so taken aback by these prices. Oh, and my ONO RE had GA signature on the packaging, and it still wasn't elevated in price. So your guess is as good as mine!

Icecaramellatte

I agree the palette is pretty but it's not clear whether there's special packaging based on the images they're showing. Looks like the standard GA packaging so I just figured they upped the price because it's a "runway collection" and they think that should have more value. But I bought that special "one night only" Rouge Ecstasy back in October and it was the standard RE price. I guess that's why I am so taken aback by these prices. Oh, and my ONO RE had GA signature on the packaging, and it still wasn't elevated in price. So your guess is as good as mine!

Well the top of the palette looks different. It kind of looks like the pouch. They show and mention a silk pouch for all the products. I don't really think the silk pouch should figure into the price though.

Medgal07

LOL!!
busted.gif
girlhaha.gif
Well I've slept on it, and I am still mad the NP is $10 more! The Rouge D'armani sheer is also more ($40 compared to $34 or $35, depending on department store) and at $120 that palette is $20 more than the holiday offering. I think I'll be waiting for the spring collection...and hoping they don't raise the prices on those items too! (And to think earlier in this thread I defended GA's prices...perhaps I spoke too soon!)
girlhaha.gif
​This must be the year of the price increase---Guerlain raised some of their prices too!!!!

EllaS

Well the top of the palette looks different. It kind of looks like the pouch. They show and mention a silk pouch for all the products. I don't really think the silk pouch should figure into the price though.
Pretty sure the holiday palette came with that silk pouch. And it was only (LOL "only") $100. I've actually not bought any of their palettes before so I'm not sure whether this one looks different in other ways, but yeah the silk pouch shouldn't affect pricing too much. Not sure! Hopefully we'll find out more as the collection gets released on a wider basis.

EllaS

girlhaha.gif
​This must be the year of the price increase---Guerlain raised some of their prices too!!!!
Uh oh! How bad were the increases? I can tolerate "reasonable" increases, but the prices of this collection are quite dramatically different so I had to take a time out and do some analysis!

Latest posts