Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pretty sure the holiday palette came with that silk pouch. And it was only (LOL "only") $100.  I've actually not bought any of their palettes before so I'm not sure whether this one looks different in other ways, but yeah the silk pouch shouldn't affect pricing too much. Not sure! Hopefully we'll find out more as the collection gets released on a wider basis.
You're right, the holiday palette was the same price and size as previous ones, but came with the little clutch. There does seem to be a special fabric used on the top of this palette, in keeping with the sand theme, but I can't imagine that it's more expensive than a small purse.

Medgal07

Uh oh! How bad were the increases? I can tolerate "reasonable" increases, but the prices of this collection are quite dramatically different so I had to take a time out and do some analysis!
I think the Rouge G's went from $51 to $53. I didn't assess anything else.

Bronwyn

Canada's online sephora recently started getting armani, so I'm wondering/hoping they'll get limited edition stuff too.

On a side note, since I think sephora's doing a sale in april, I think I'm gonna splurge on some cheek fabrics as the one I own is amazing, and also on a sun fabric

laurennnxox

girlhaha.gif
​This must be the year of the price increase---Guerlain raised some of their prices too!!!!
Oh no! Hopefully by not too much! My wallet is already crying!

ETA: Sigh it would be the Rouge G's...

EllaS

Nordstrom has a few "new" GA mascaras up - Excess, Classic and "Wet" (http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&keyword=giorgio+armani#keyword=giorgio%20armani&type=keyword&category=s6010338%7Cf8000826&defaultsize3=&size=&width=&color=&price=&stores=&instoreavailability=false&lastfilter=filtercategory_1&sizeFinderId=0&resultsmode=&segmentId=0&keywordSortEngine=Default&page=1&partial=1&pagesize=100&modifiedkeyword=giorgio-armani&contextualsortcategoryid=0&shopperSegment=1-0-2%7C1M2%3ARS). I currently use the ETK waterproof mascara and am wondering if the "Wet" version is just a reformulation of that one? Because I can't find the original waterproof mascara in the silver tube on Nordies site. Anyone know? Are these different or just reformulated? EDIT: Or just repackaged??

EllaS

i wonder why "new" ?
Exactly. That's what I'm wondering. Are they really new, or are they reformulated or just repackaged? Can't seem to find any info but I do know the "wet" version they're showing in the black tube is at the very least packaged differently than the previous waterproof version.

mkoparanova

Nordstrom has a few "new" GA mascaras up - Excess, Classic and "Wet" (http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&keyword=giorgio+armani#keyword=giorgio%20armani&type=keyword&category=s6010338%7Cf8000826&defaultsize3=&size=&width=&color=&price=&stores=&instoreavailability=false&lastfilter=filtercategory_1&sizeFinderId=0&resultsmode=&segmentId=0&keywordSortEngine=Default&page=1&partial=1&pagesize=100&modifiedkeyword=giorgio-armani&contextualsortcategoryid=0&shopperSegment=1-0-2%7C1M2%3ARS). I currently use the ETK waterproof mascara and am wondering if the "Wet" version is just a reformulation of that one? Because I can't find the original waterproof mascara in the silver tube on Nordies site. Anyone know? Are these different or just reformulated? EDIT: Or just repackaged??
Noo
ohboy.gif
I finally found a mascara I like! I hope they're just repackaged, although I prefer the old packaging. I checked a few uk websites and the original ETK is available in only one of them. One of the most popular websites doesn't have any ETK mascaras left..

EllaS

Noo
ohboy.gif
I finally found a mascara I like! I hope they're just repackaged, although I prefer the old packaging. I checked a few uk websites and the original ETK is available in only one of them. One of the most popular websites doesn't have any ETK mascaras left..
So I just checked the GA website (US) and they now have the original ETK Waterproof mascara listed as LE. UGH.
ohboy.gif
That packaging is so awesome - I can't believe they'd get rid of it. They don't have the "wet" one up yet.

They also have the Excess and regular ETK mascaras up (not called "classic" on their site) but not listed as new. And they're already in a black tube but the packaging is different than the ones up on Nordstrom.

So, reformulation and/or repackaging. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

mkoparanova

So I just checked the GA website (US) and they now have the original ETK Waterproof mascara listed as LE. UGH.
ohboy.gif
That packaging is so awesome - I can't believe they'd get rid of it. They don't have the "wet" one up yet.

They also have the Excess and regular ETK mascaras up (not called "classic" on their site) but not listed as new. And they're already in a black tube but the packaging is different than the ones up on Nordstrom.

So, reformulation and/or repackaging. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I went to a few stores and they all had the mascaras with the new packaging
ohboy.gif
The SAs were too busy talking to each other though, so I don't know if the formula is the same.

EllaS

I went to a few stores and they all had the mascaras with the new packaging
ohboy.gif
The SAs were too busy talking to each other though, so I don't know if the formula is the same.
It's funny how much packaging matters, huh. Why should I be so attached to that beautiful silver tube? I don't know but I sure am! It really stands out in my makeup bag too. It's one of the few things I never lose! I get that the new packaging is probably more consistent with the rest of the brand, but that's not going to stop me from complaining about it LOL.
girlhaha.gif
And if it's been reformulated? Oh boy. Well let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

mkoparanova

It's funny how much packaging matters, huh. Why should I be so attached to that beautiful silver tube? I don't know but I sure am! It really stands out in my makeup bag too. It's one of the few things I never lose! I get that the new packaging is probably more consistent with the rest of the brand, but that's not going to stop me from complaining about it LOL.
girlhaha.gif
And if it's been reformulated? Oh boy. Well let's cross that bridge when we come to it.
I use the original one and I love how it looks like it's metal not plastic, I'll try to find it somewhere.. I got the Chanel Le Volume last week and I like it as much as I like the ETK, so I'll use it if they make the formula worse.

And I was so disappointed today that the eye tints weren't in the stores yet
lol.gif
They have them on a few websites but I'll wait for free delivery.

EllaS

I use the original one and I love how it looks like it's metal not plastic, I'll try to find it somewhere.. I got the Chanel Le Volume last week and I like it as much as I like the ETK, so I'll use it if they make the formula worse.

And I was so disappointed today that the eye tints weren't in the stores yet
lol.gif
They have them on a few websites but I'll wait for free delivery.
Yes, my waterproof mascara is in a metal tube as well. TBH I think I might like the packaging more than the mascara LOL. It's fine for everyday but it's not especially volumizing. It's lightweight but it doesn't give me much impact. I got more from my Diorshow Blackout but this one flakes less. Oh well. Maybe the change will be good as it will force me into trying some other formulas.

That's too bad you still can't test out the eye tints! I don't live anywhere near a counter so I had to cross my fingers and order online. Lucky me I spent more than enough so free delivery was not an issue LOL.

mkoparanova

Yes, my waterproof mascara is in a metal tube as well. TBH I think I might like the packaging more than the mascara LOL. It's fine for everyday but it's not especially volumizing. It's lightweight but it doesn't give me much impact. I got more from my Diorshow Blackout but this one flakes less. Oh well. Maybe the change will be good as it will force me into trying some other formulas.

That's too bad you still can't test out the eye tints! I don't live anywhere near a counter so I had to cross my fingers and order online. Lucky me I spent more than enough so free delivery was not an issue LOL.
I really like it, I have short, fair and straight lashes, perfect combination lol and the mascara makes them look really good. I've only tried the Dior It-lash mascara and it was horrible on me. I also hated a few of the Lancome hypnose ones and a few of the YSL ones.

I only want two of the eye tints but I do want free delivery, points and cashback
lol.gif
They're available on Harrods but even if you spend 1 million pounds there, you still have to pay 6 pounds for delivery
ohboy.gif

EllaS

I really like it, I have short, fair and straight lashes, perfect combination lol and the mascara makes them look really good. I've only tried the Dior It-lash mascara and it was horrible on me. I also hated a few of the Lancome hypnose ones and a few of the YSL ones.

I only want two of the eye tints but I do want free delivery, points and cashback
lol.gif
They're available on Harrods but even if you spend 1 million pounds there, you still have to pay 6 pounds for delivery
ohboy.gif
Seriously?? That's ridiculous. I've definitely become spoiled by free shipping and cashback too. I don't blame you for holding out!

I actually haven't tried that many mascaras. I've worn the Diorshow Waterproof and Diorshow Blackout Waterproof for years. And they're honestly fine, but I felt I could do better and the GA Waterproof was rated one of the highest waterproof formulas. I pretty much have to use waterproof mascara that sets almost immediately because otherwise I get hoooorendous mascara transfer under my brow bone. I tried the Dior Extase (non-waterproof) and liked it at first but found it flaked like crazy and got in my contacts. I've thought about trying to layer 2 different mascaras - one lengthening and one volumizing - since I'm never happy with the oomph my mascaras give. I just haven't had the energy to do more product experimentation so I've been sticking with the GA for now. The quest for the Holy Grails seems never ending lol.