authentic check please?

mmitsjojo

Can someone please verify the authenticy of this pigment for me? I checked the threads that shows the difference but I still couldn't tell after comparing over and over again.

I tried to take the pictures as clear as possible, if more pictures are needed please let me know.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

chynegal

it looks real to me the fake mac pigment I have gotten I noticed that the writing on 5the back is alligned togetther and it has no name on the bottom just numbers

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
it looks real to me the fake mac pigment I have gotten I noticed that the writing on 5the back is alligned togetther and it has no name on the bottom just numbers

My Silver Fog had name and AB4 on the bottom and was certified fake. The old fakes were numbers or names that weren't really pigment names....it can't be based off that now. mommroxx has sticker labels that are clear (pro) on a lot of her bottles with proper info and it's not just a number thing anymore. I have one of the best fakes ever in my home because of that.... woman.

chynegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
My Silver Fog had name and AB4 on the bottom and was certified fake. The old fakes were numbers or names that weren't really pigment names....it can't be based off that now. mommroxx has sticker labels that are clear (pro) on a lot of her bottles with proper info and it's not just a number thing anymore. I have one of the best fakes ever in my home because of that.... woman.

Damn that sucks I used to buy pigments on ebay but I stoped cuz I got 5 fakes from this one girl I don't even know what to do with them they just sit there

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Where did u buy it from? Do you have a picture of the bottom

I got it from a seller on specktra, but i'm just verifying to be 100% sure~
Do you mean a picture of the bottom of the pigment jar?

chynegal

Yeah a pic of the bottom of the jar.....I would say ur best bet is go to a mac counter and say u got it as a gift and wanted to see if its real....what color is it

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitsjojo
I got it from a seller on specktra, but i'm just verifying to be 100% sure~
Do you mean a picture of the bottom of the pigment jar?

Please do so everyone sees what the base and your sticker look like. Panda, Xqueeze_me and redambition can do it by eye when I have to harass my counter....I think it's something in Australian water because they hit the nail on the head damn near always.

Mad thanks to Desiree in case MAC checks on this thread....she's one of the nicest in MD and even can take a joke. No snotty attitude which is a
thmbup.gif
in my book and she actually types the number in and treats you like a customer one way or the other. I love when they actually treat you like you matter.
yes.gif

chynegal

Quote:
I just called Macy's in Towson Towson Center and spoke to Desiree at (410) 769-8440 and she ran the SKU for you with emphasis on 7 73602 05596 8 after the MOP448 part and this number did not read in their system. I think you're going to get the same advice I just did when you take it to the counters.

Cheap laugh, when I called and asked her if she can run a SKU, she asked if this was Carrie. You know it's getting bad when within 2 sentences out of your mouth, they've almost got it right. MAC,I promise to leave you alone for a whole week but rest assured you'll still make money off me even though you didn't get Casey right yet.
tong.gif

Oh wow that's so nice of you....I didn't even know u can call and do that.....lmao that they know it u calling....do they know u buy name also when u go to the counter

mmitsjojo

Quote:
I just called Macy's in Towson Towson Center and spoke to Desiree at (410) 769-8440 and she ran the SKU for you with emphasis on 7 73602 05596 8 after the MOP448 part and this number did not read in their system. I think you're going to get the same advice I just did when you take it to the counters.

Cheap laugh, when I called and asked her if she can run a SKU, she asked if this was Carrie. You know it's getting bad when within 2 sentences out of your mouth, they've almost got it right. MAC,I promise to leave you alone for a whole week but rest assured you'll still make money off me even though you didn't get Casey right yet.
tong.gif

The part is actually M0P448, um if the SKU is not in the system does that mean if might be a fake, cause this pigment is actually a PRO pigment, it's the pigment in WHITE. Sorry i'm not familar with many of the terms associated with the packaging, I never cared to understand these type of stuff but I think it's time I start learning!

Thank you all for your help but i'm still confused with what you guys mean with some of the wording, do you guys suspect it's fake??

I will take a picture of the bottom of the pigment and post it =)

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Please do so everyone sees what the base and your sticker look like. Panda, Xqueeze_me and redambition can do it by eye when I have to harass my counter....I think it's something in Australian water because they hit the nail on the head damn near always.

Mad thanks to Desiree in case MAC checks on this thread....she's one of the nicest in MD and even can take a joke. No snotty attitude which is a
thmbup.gif
in my book and she actually types the number in and treats you like a customer one way or the other. I love when they actually treat you like you matter.
yes.gif

I promised myself while the weather is so gorgeous,that i will quit harassing the Mac staff at my local store
tong.gif
th_DANCE.gif
Im lucky too cos most of them are really ,lovely and helpful girls!Especially Monica the manager!!
th_wink3.gif

mmitsjojo

IMG_0473.jpg

picture of the bottom of the pigment.

The tape looks transparent but also like the scotch tape kind at the same time. I was staring at it long and hard for a few mintues and was touching it also. yeahh ... lol

chynegal

Quote:
I can't afford to buy them on Ebay just to replace them counter or CCO. I've eliminated one of the two and it sure wasn't MAC....the headache I got scrutenizing one bottle down to the most minute detail wasn't worth it. mommroxx scared me straight off of pigments on the bay and I swear even when people said it was fake on here, a Macy's counter girl was like whoa best job ever but the swatch test killed it and I had to suck it up that someone almost fully duped me....her freaking eyeshadows are the next best thing as well.

Do u still have it cuz I'm dying to see a pic of this super fake....

User27

Quote:
The part is actually M0P448, um if the SKU is not in the system does that mean if might be a fake, cause this pigment is actually a PRO pigment, it's the pigment in WHITE. Sorry i'm not familar with many of the terms associated with the packaging, I never cared to understand these type of stuff but I think it's time I start learning!

Thank you all for your help but i'm still confused with what you guys mean with some of the wording, do you guys suspect it's fake??

I will take a picture of the bottom of the pigment and post it =)

I'm 99% sure it's fake by thickness of base, the SKU (the 7 73602 05596 8 is more important than the MOP448 but have yet to ask why....I trust them) not being in there and a lot of PRO colors got copied recently. Your bottle is one of two styles that a lot of them are being done in. You can try calling your local counter like I did mine and ask them to run your SKU on the bottom of the box so we both get the same answers. It's always good to confirm but for some reason fakers sometimes forget to put a number that will register at a real MAC register. I would highly recommend calling your counter because they're pretty lenient at mine and give me no slack.

Panda will want to see a pic with the lid off as well because the texture of the pigment is a huge factor too. I promise you it helps out people when you pass the info along and then go after the person who sold it to you.....take the pic and call your counter, they'll give you what you need to know.

chynegal

Quote:
IMG_0473.jpg

picture of the bottom of the pigment.

The tape looks transparent but also like the scotch tape kind at the same time. I was staring at it long and hard for a few mintues and was touching it also. yeahh ... lol

The writing does look off to mee...is that the matt white pigment

User27

Quote:
Do u still have it cuz I'm dying to see a pic of this super fake....

It wasn't that super....more like depressing, beware. Only one fake in my house and this it's this mofo....he was easily replaced but he gave me a headache.
angry.gif

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

chynegal

Quote:
I'm 99% sure it's fake by thickness of base, the SKU (the 7 73602 05596 8 is more important than the MOP448 but have yet to ask why....I trust them) not being in there and a lot of PRO colors got copied recently. Your bottle is one of two styles that a lot of them are being done in. You can try calling your local counter like I did mine and ask them to run your SKU on the bottom of the box so we both get the same answers. It's always good to confirm but for some reason fakers sometimes forget to put a number that will register at a real MAC register. I would highly recommend calling your counter because they're pretty lenient at mine and give me no slack.

Panda will want to see a pic with the lid off as well because the texture of the pigment is a huge factor too. I promise you it helps out people when you pass the info along and then go after the person who sold it to you.....take the pic and call your counter, they'll give you what you need to know.

The consitancy sucks omg it litteraly for my babypowder with dye