authentic check please?

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I'm 99% sure it's fake by thickness of base, the SKU (the 7 73602 05596 8 is more important than the MOP448 but have yet to ask why....I trust them) not being in there and a lot of PRO colors got copied recently. Your bottle is one of two styles that a lot of them are being done in. You can try calling your local counter like I did mine and ask them to run your SKU on the bottom of the box so we both get the same answers. It's always good to confirm but for some reason fakers sometimes forget to put a number that will register at a real MAC register. I would highly recommend calling your counter because they're pretty lenient at mine and give me no slack.

Panda will want to see a pic with the lid off as well because the texture of the pigment is a huge factor too. I promise you it helps out people when you pass the info along and then go after the person who sold it to you.....take the pic and call your counter, they'll give you what you need to know.

When I call them what should I tell them?
Would it be better to call the pro store instead since it's a pro pigment?

Thank you so much for all your help!!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
Oh wow that's so nice of you....I didn't even know u can call and do that.....lmao that they know it u calling....do they know u buy name also when u go to the counter

I just had to call them yesterday because I'm in dire need of a few palettes for my eye shadows. I also call to find out stuff for people here and there but they know I try to help on the counterfeit section here. Now my CCO sees me more than the counter and I can get lost in there with the employees for like 2 - 3 hours at a time. I have a field day in that place and now made it official to do a thorough MD CCO thread update regularly. A lot of people have CP's run and it helps them out if there's a certain eye shadow, palette or lipstick that they see on the thread and want someone to run and get for them in our state...they've got a precise list this way. I'm really cool with some of the staff there and I know it helps them a little bit as well. I was doing my little new MAC
th_DANCE.gif
Wednesday night.
smiles.gif

mmitsjojo

IMG_0478.jpg

That's the picture of it opened.
Sorry for the crappy lighting, even with macro, the camera was having a hard time focusing. ><

chynegal

Quote:
It wasn't that super....more like depressing, beware. Only one fake in my house and this it's this mofo....he was easily replaced but he gave me a headache.
angry.gif

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Dangggggg that is a good fake.....I actually just bought a silverfog pigment from someone I'm waiting for it in the mail....I am gonna check if it fake when I get it

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitsjojo
When I call them what should I tell them?
Would it be better to call the pro store instead since it's a pro pigment?

Thank you so much for all your help!!

I always tell them I bought an item off Ebay in a rush, let them give me the you should know better and tell them it's an emergency to get it replaced. We called my MAC PRO but you need to get a 100% accurate answer and use the counter as the back up number but I don't think you're going to like the news. I'm sorry for what you're going through because I wanted to have a memorial service for mine.
cry.gif

On this day we put to rest the best of the best. He was meant to be something more in his life but someone wasted his energy and used him for an evil purpose. Today we scatter the way less colorful character that duped his way into our hearts and......

Okay, I didn't have a real ceremony BUT it would have been something tasteful like that.
th_LMAO.gif

mmitsjojo

Quote:
I always tell them I bought an item off Ebay in a rush, let them give me the you should know better and tell them it's an emergency to get it replaced. We only called my MAC Cosmetics here before we knew it was a PRO color. I'd recommend calling PRO so you get a 100% accurate answer and use the counter as the back up number but I don't think you're going to like the news. I'm sorry for what you're going through because I wanted to have a memorial service for mine.
cry.gif

On this day we put to rest the best of the best. He was meant to be something more in his life but someone wasted his energy and used him for an evil purpose. Today we scatter the way less colorful character that duped his way into our hearts and......

Okay, I didn't have a real ceremony BUT it would have been something tasteful like that.
th_LMAO.gif

Thanks so much for your help! I will call the pro store tomorrow and see what they say. I'm ready for the worst now...

chynegal

Quote:
I always tell them I bought an item off Ebay in a rush, let them give me the you should know better and tell them it's an emergency to get it replaced. We only called my MAC Cosmetics here before we knew it was a PRO color. I'd recommend calling PRO so you get a 100% accurate answer and use the counter as the back up number but I don't think you're going to like the news. I'm sorry for what you're going through because I wanted to have a memorial service for mine.
cry.gif

th_LMAO.gif

Lol I would be scared to tell them I got it off ebay lol....... haahah imma pour out a little of my fake pigments and recite what u said lol

User27

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help! I will call the pro store tomorrow and see what they say. I'm ready for the worst now...

You've already got the answer. I accidentally dialed my PRO counter in Towson which worked in your favor.....it's a fake by their register because that number isn't in their system to scan. Freaking I had PRO stuck in my head from the go because I got scared at the AB4 part. Desiree, you were a trooper and thank you if you get on here.

mmitsjojo

Quote:
You've already got the answer. I accidentally dialed my PRO counter in Towson which worked in your favor.....it's a fake by their register because that number isn't in their system to scan. Freaking I had PRO stuck in my head from the go because I got scared at the AB4 part. Desiree, you were a trooper and thank you if you get on here.

Thank you for your help. I'm not that upset knowing that it's fake because I was prepared from the beginning! SIGH! Should I be PMing the seller who sold it on me, because it really sucks because that person's itrader feedback is also VERY HIGH, over 100+.

chynegal

Quote:
Thank you for your help. I'm not that upset knowing that it's fake because I was prepared from the beginning! SIGH! Should I be PMing the seller who sold it on me, because it really sucks because that person's itrader feedback is also VERY HIGH, over 100+.

Pm the seller saying that its a fake mac and see if they will refund you the money

User27

Quote:

Let Panda or redambition also add their notes so that way you have an all around vote. They are experts on sight when I have to pick up a phone to verify pigments. I just quit buying pigments outside of counter or CCO so I never went through it again. I don't know why the AB4 part stuck in my head but it's weird....I had asked Panda a while back if they were targeting out PRO colors now. She is go to guru of fake pigments as well as redambition, they put the seal on mine when the MAC girl originally got confused and Panda needs to be doing quality control in MAC somewhere. I just didn't want to accept I got one originally but she was right and I sent a scan of the EL info to verify to the seller who confirmed what people were saying.

The girl who had fakes when I went through mine was MrsMay. She had someone on Specktra get her with a few fakes and we all stayed up throughout the night trying to memorize flaws and stayed sending messages to panda police.
yes.gif
Between her and redambition in the morning, you'll have the answer confirmed past the PRO counter. I now need to re-store my phone numbers because my PRO is saved as my counter which is sad but MAC will send me freebies one day. Okay or not....
th_LMAO.gif

mmitsjojo

I'm unsure who panda is, is it a mod or member? Do I have to PM that person first and then PM the seller where I got this pigment from? lol sorry i'm such a noob! =[

chynegal

Quote:
I'm unsure who panda is, is it a mod or member? Do I have to PM that person first and then PM the seller where I got this pigment from? lol sorry i'm such a noob! =[

Ur not the only one who wants to know lol

User27

Quote:

Wait to contact the seller until panda or redambition look at it. She's not a mod but she might as well be pigment police on here with red. I just messaged her but she's on Australian time and doesn't get on until early morning, same as redambition. They'll be on like 5 am ish on our side if they get on but wait to contact the seller. MAC has a history of switching up policies and I want to make sure the sticker thing still works with them switching to printing UPC's in the box a couple weeks ago. I don't know how the new change affects their policies but I don't want to see you in an argument with a seller over one vote. You always want a few peoples' say and it's odd a seller with high feedback would push a bad bottle forward....MAC might have changed something but the bottom of your bottle and base still look off. Panda has pigment power on this place and she's helped many people with their bottles including a lot on this counterfeit forum. Take it up with the seller after her or redambition (white stamping horse avatar) take a gander so you have enough leg to stand on. I hate these AB4 things now, I get nervous the minute they're mentioned.
nope.gif

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Wait to contact the seller until panda or redambition look at it. She's not a mod but she might as well be pigment police on here with red. I just messaged her but she's on Australian time and doesn't get on until early morning, same as redambition. They'll be on like 5 am ish on our side if they get on but wait to contact the seller. MAC has a history of switching up policies and I want to make sure the sticker thing still works with them switching to printing UPC's in the box a couple weeks ago. I don't know how the new change affects their policies but I don't want to see you in an argument with a seller over one vote. You always want a few peoples' say and it's odd a seller with high feedback would push a bad bottle forward....MAC might have changed something but the bottom of your bottle and base still look off. Panda has pigment power on this place and she's helped many people with their bottles including a lot on this counterfeit forum. Take it up with the seller after her or redambition (white stamping horse avatar) take a gander so you have enough leg to stand on. I hate these AB4 things now, I get nervous the minute they're mentioned.
nope.gif

Thanks bunches for your great help! I will definitely wait to see what they say first before contacting the seller =)

User27

Quote:
Thanks bunches for your great help! I will definitely wait to see what they say first before contacting the seller =)

Have you ever bought a fake item before? I know there was a seller about a month ago who sold fake items but usually it's rare for Specktra to have a seller doing this especially if they have a large amount of feedback at risk. I'll stay stalking one of the pros but it'll be am before anything can get resolved. I've never had a negative buy on here and most of the way through it appeared safer than Ebay. I've only bought from 3 sellers but I haven't gone through it on here yet.

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Have you ever bought a fake item before? I know there was a seller about a month ago who sold fake items but usually it's rare for Specktra to have a seller doing this especially if they have a large amount of feedback at risk. I'll stay stalking one of the pros but it'll be am before anything can get resolved. I've never had a negative buy on here and most of the way through it appeared safer than Ebay. I've only bought from 3 sellers but I haven't gone through it on here yet.

I actually bought naked pigment on specktra, and i bought it months back, probably somewhere at the end of 2008, I didn't take notice of it when bought it, but recently when I got my malm table I started reorganizing my makeup and I was staring long and hard at the naked pigment and it was a lot wider than my other pigments so I knew for sure it was fake and this is when i started becoming skeptical about my purchases and I already paid the seller so I didn't want to be like oh I don't want to purchase it anymore can you just refund me back my money. So i just waited for it to arrive before I examine it. I actually made a lot of purchases on specktra, and I'm beginning to feel very iffy about the pigments that i've purchased on here, but I don't want to go through all the hassle and post all the pigments I bought on here, I just decide to suck it up since I don't even remember who I purchased those pigments from. and about a month ago, the seller i believe mac4less or something like that, sold a bunch of fake pigments on here, I actually made a purchase from that person as well, but I didn't keep up with the thread that everyone was saying that that person was selling fake stuff, but I received a refund from that person and that's when I went back into the thread and saw all the posts from other memebers, I was very fortunate to get a refund back without having to request for one. I think I should just stick to purchasing from the mac store from now on =/ that way i know for sure its authentic and I won't have to go through any trouble and all. Maybe the seller doesn't know it's fake either, but who knows, I guess i'll just wait for the pros to confirm before I say anything further. Thank you for all the help though, I really appreciate everything you've done <3
th_hug.gif

User27

I remember the mac4less person. She also got MrsMay on pigments a little bit back and that's when we were all up trying to break the pigment bottles and we all waited for panda and redambition. I stay with pigments at the counter but there are trustworthy sellers on here and I know sometimes a seller gets one thinking it's real and then it bites her in the arse. I'm not validating it's okay, more like saying there's always the off chance. I own one fake and panda and red have the ability to scrutenize to the most minute detail....the base being thick, the font, the weight line, is the box scratching easy...it's like a whole process. You're better than me because I can't suck things up like that....it would be a Jerry moment with me flinging a chair and screaming....okay, I wish I had balls that big. I always end up waiting to see the outcome of these things and I want to see if panda knows if they can run SKU's still with the in box SKU in effect. I'm waiting up and seeing how it turns out and Jason's due in at the am.