authentic check please?

panda0410

I just looked at the new pics you posted ~ not the swatch pics because these will DIFFER compared to other coloured picments ~ try getting Bright Fuschia off for example and see what happens!! Thats NOT a reliable way to tell...

I honestly dont know what you are still worried about, its clearly authentic.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitsjojo
Okay so I just did a swatch test.
I applied the pigment with a q-tip onto the back of my hand.
It went on pretty smoothly.

1. is how the pigment looks like when applied
2. I used my index finger and ran over it to see if the color came off.
3. used a tissue paper w/ slight pressure to wipe off
4. rubbed hand while under running water.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Mine had no sort of color like that. Mine was a few slight rubs and it was gone. Yours held beautifully and mine was a wth did I even apply this stuff deal? My Silver Fog was a version of your #3 pic after a slight rub, I had to layer mine on to get to where your #1 pic looks like. That color could be useful to have around and your #1 pic is gorgeous. Does it really have a mild shine like that to it because it kind of stands out. Does anyone know how this goes with cornflower?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Mine had no sort of color like that. Mine was a few slight rubs and it was gone. Yours held beautifully and mine was a wth did I even apply this stuff deal? My Silver Fog was a version of your #3 pic after a slight rub, I had to layer mine on to get to where your #1 pic looks like. That color could be useful to have around and your #1 pic is gorgeous. Does it really have a mild shine like that to it because it kind of stands out. Does anyone know how this goes with cornflower?

The White pigment does YES - it has a beautiful pearl quality to it. Never tried it with cornflower, I tend to use it with blacks, silvers, pinks, and blues
smiles.gif

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
It's not just about these markings being present, but about the size and the depth of those markings on the bottle. From the photos posted, texture/ base etc this pigment looks ok. I even went digging through all my pigments to check the printing on the back of the box where it says 'see enclosure' to confirm this is right for pro pigments (it normally says www .maccosmetics. com on this line.)

In terms of the skus is it possible that different countries use different skus, which might be why it wasn't registering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
My bad bottle has that same 3020 going in towards the pigment.....it's engraved on the bottom of the inside of the bottle. Mine has a "12" in the plastic right beside my not all the way clear scotch tapy Silver Fog AB4 sticker. I just lifted my sticker and mine has the word "OLT-AINER" with it half ovaled wrapping around and over OLT and underlining the length of the OLT-AINER. I finally get what they were saying with my bottle having stand out markings. Exactly across from my backwards facing me 3020 is a number 7 backwards to me right above the N in "OLT-AINER".....let me know if your bottle matches those little details. I never looked this close at mine before but I get why this bottle was weird to everyone.

Your pigment looks like the picture of the real pigment though. Let me know about this bottle please. I'm messaging darklocke because she'll want to read this now.

Alright, with all this talk I went and got my fake pigment from mommroxx, and it has the 3020, and when compared to my real jar of the same color, the "OLT'AINER" on the fake is much thicker-like, stand out more. So are these tell-tale signs???

I'm just trying to make sure I get this straight - if they are more pronounced then it is fake??? and if it has 3020 it is fake?? or both???
th_confused_new.gif
th_confused_new.gif

thanks!!!

mmitsjojo

Thank you for everyone's responses, I just really need someone to tell me for sure it's authentic because I don't trust my own perceptions.

@Casadalinnis - it's like a pearly white color like the picture shows.

panda0410

^^I already did. whats the problem??

Casadinalinnis: Steel Blue is a pro colour sweetie - only on the macpro site
smiles.gif
You can get it any time from the pro store, or you can call the pro store for a ph order as well
smiles.gif
Azreal Blue however was part of She Shines collection in 2006 and LE. Its hard to come by Authentic versions, but you might still get lucky with one of the sample sellers in the clearance bin
winks.gif

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^I already did. whats the problem??

Casadinalinnis: Steel Blue is a pro colour sweetie - only on the macpro site
smiles.gif
You can get it any time from the pro store, or you can call the pro store for a ph order as well
smiles.gif
Azreal Blue however was part of She Shines collection in 2006 and LE. Its hard to come by Authentic versions, but you might still get lucky with one of the sample sellers in the clearance bin
winks.gif

sorry I was confused on what you meant earlier that's why.
sorry for the hassle.