B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

nakobear

I've had no problems returning empty e/s pots without the pan at various MAC counters. I think the MAs have been more surprised to see that people do that rather than nit pick about whether there's a pan in there or not...

pugmommy7

Nor have I. Although I actually once had a counter girl at nordies tell me that she didn't know what I was talking about when I went to turn in empties. luckil y when i went back later that same trip another sa helped me and had a clue.
People would FREAK if they stopped B2M.
It only behooves them to allow b2m from depotting :confused: :confused: :confused:
so wtf?

Wattage

Just as an FYI: I talked to someone on MAC Live Chat today and although she did not have a definite answer for me about this, she did say that as a disclaimer, MAC does not condone depotting of any of their products (probably for safety's sake, considering the wild methods some of us use to depot a shadow and the life threatening tools!
greengrin.gif
).
Maybe the SA is confused about MAC's policy/stand on depotting. I think it's pretty clear from all of our experiences that this is totally bogus, dude.

Hehe!
smiles.gif

Cdjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am wondering which counter you went to, as I live in Tampa as well...

I was actually in Clearwater today, so I went to the Dillards at Countryside Mall, which I hadnt gone to in years. I go to college near the International Plaza, so I will try to return the empties to Nordstrom or the MAC store.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdjax
I was actually in Clearwater today, so I went to the Dillards at Countryside Mall, which I hadnt gone to in years. I go to college near the International Plaza, so I will try to return the empties to Nordstrom or the MAC store.

Good to know. FYI I turned in empties at Nordtrom in IP not too long ago for Culturebloom l/s.
smiles.gif

beautymacgirl65

B2M depotted shadows and blushes?

I called MAC customer service and they said it was OK to return the shadow pots and blushes without the silver piece inside. I was AOK doing this at my Filene's counter- I should be OK to do this at my MAC store, right? I don't know why, but I am nervous that they won't take them back. And I would like to go there, as they have more lipstick shades than my Filene's couner

purplesalon

I bought a pro pan shadow last month, and the SA made a point of telling me that they now accept the pans for Back 2 Mac. This is at a pro store. They've also accepted my eyeshadow containers sans pan without saying anything.

SushiFlower

I recently visited a MAC store and got the deal on the B2M eyeshadow policy. It was explained to me that you CAN return the panless pots for the B2M. And you CAN return the pans ONLY if they have the magnet on the bottom. You CANNOT return the pans without the magnet because then you could 'double recycle.'
Apparently this is a new policy. The gentleman told me they had been unsure until recently and that they recieved word that this was the MAC policy on returning eyeshadows for the program. I'm sure this is the same everywhere. Hopefully that helps everyone out.

Shawna

Sushi Flower, that makes the most sense to me
smiles.gif
I am still waiting to hear from MAC headquarters. I emailed them, but they are always so slow to respond.

Film_Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I doubt that's true. For one, how do they expect people to use up entire shadows and blushes (getting a free lipstick after waiting 6 years isn't appealing:p) .

Actually, its not that hard. :) If you use blot powder every single day like me, and only rotate between several lipglass staple colors you get empties pretty fast.

glitch

I got basically the exact same response as Sushi Flower from a MAC SA. She told me b2m accepts depotted plastic pots (without the metal pans), and b2m also accepts empty pro-pans (as long as they have the magnet with the label at the bottom to ensure that it was actually from MAC)

floweryu

I did my first B2M today in the Pro store in Pentagon City, VA and the guy just took the small bag that I brought my empty pots in, counted them without opening the bag and that was it. No questions asked.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch
I got basically the exact same response as Sushi Flower from a MAC SA. She told me b2m accepts depotted plastic pots (without the metal pans), and b2m also accepts empty pro-pans (as long as they have the magnet with the label at the bottom to ensure that it was actually from MAC)

Which is one drawback to what I do to MAC pro pan blushes. The magnets they put on those are too weak for the size of product (it's the same magnet as the eyeshadows) and so I rip the magnets off, put on a stronger one, and replace the sticker off the origional MAC magnet. Not a huge issue to me, but something to be aware of probably, as it would make it look like a depotted pan rather than a pro pan.

gnippy

I just returned 11 depotted B2M e/s pots last Sunday at the MAC store in Sommerset Mall. The SA looked at them kind of funny but took them and gave me my l/s.

It would really suck if they stopped taking them b/c I don't have access to the Pro Pans. I am not a huge fan of MAC l/s so I wouldn't mind saving the $3.50 per e/s if they were available. Kind of sucks to have to pay $13.50 and then not be able to get the l/s.

BTW, I got Plum Dandy and Sweetie. I have tried them yet but they both look pretty.

koolmnbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnippy
I just returned 11 depotted B2M e/s pots last Sunday at the MAC store in Sommerset Mall. The SA looked at them kind of funny but took them and gave me my l/s.

It would really suck if they stopped taking them b/c I don't have access to the Pro Pans. I am not a huge fan of MAC l/s so I wouldn't mind saving the $3.50 per e/s if they were available. Kind of sucks to have to pay $13.50 and then not be able to get the l/s.

BTW, I got Plum Dandy and Sweetie. I have tried them yet but they both look pretty.

I'm just wondering why did you only have to return 11 B2M but you got 2 Lipsticks? I thought it was 6 B2M for 1 Lipsitick?

bebs

I have a question about b2m can it be things other then e/s like can it be l/g -empty-?

stefunnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I have a question about b2m can it be things other then e/s like can it be l/g -empty-?

yep it can.. =].. usually when you buy stuff.. they have a lil B2M thingy on one of the tabs in the box.. to let you know its b2m
smiles.gif

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnippy

I've taken back depotted pots to the MAC store at Somerset. They didn't give me any problems. I wonder if it is because I am from out of state (Crazy Californian here) and went to the store a gazillion times.
winks.gif
greengrin.gif
Do you frequent the store often? I think your best bet would be to talk to the MAs there and let them get to know you. They are really awesome. I think if they know you they are less likely to give you that odd look. My favorite MA there is Amy. She's incredible! I can't remember the other names of the female MAs. Glenn is the only other name I can remember. Gah!

Latest posts