B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

michy_mimi

I think it varies from counter to counter. My MAC Store here won't B2M any LE's, but the counters at Nordstroms and Marshall Fields let me get anything but Viva Glam. I would check around
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I reckon what all of us should do is print out that B2M FAQ thread (as it has e-mails from MAC's head honchos) and take it with you every time you try to get a B2M lipstick! Just to set the record straight on what the policy really is!

bellaetoile

try using live chat and getting a response, printing it out, and taking it in.

i have always been able to B2M for LE lipsticks in normal packaging, although i have had to speak to the manager a couple times, as it seems there is confusion among some regular MAs. ask to speak to the manager..

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
try using live chat and getting a response, printing it out, and taking it in.

i have always been able to B2M for LE lipsticks in normal packaging, although i have had to speak to the manager a couple times, as it seems there is confusion among some regular MAs. ask to speak to the manager..

This is all covered in the B2M FAQ, there are copies of e-mails pasted in from MAC head office personnel confirming what you said above.

Hope no one minds, I'm going to close this before anyone else gets confused as to what the policies are as everything you need to know is in the FAQ which is current.

dollbabybex

would this be a back to mac item????

you know the pro longwear lipcolour....

well ive finished the gloss, but still have the 'colour'

as you can buy replacements to the gloss....

...i wonder if this would be classed as an item, or wether youd have to class the whole thing as an item?

thanks girls x

jmdulock

The other day I was at the Macy's Mac counter looking for Iris Print and I overheard the MA tell a customer that any glass or plastic empty can be used for Back 2 Mac.

And I didn't find any Iris Print.
weeping.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
i wonder if an empty select pwder container would be?

I always return my foundation and powder containers as long as they are plastic.

Shawna

I have b2med two of those lipgloss containers with no problems. The MA even commented that they get lots more of the gloss containers than they do the prolongwear lipstick. If you think about it, you can buy the gloss seperately so it would suck if they made you return the whole thing.

MAC_Whore

I was told that you can return the Pro-Longwear container, but it has to have both ends (colour end and gloss end). You can return the gloss refills on their own, as they can be purchased seperately. That prevents any double-dipping in the B2M. That being said, we all know that every store and a lot of MAs seem to have diff interpretations of the rules. So, as usual, check with your local counter or email MAC. HTH
smiles.gif

dollbabybex

ah right so u can return the gloss...

but when u want to return the colour end, it has to have a gloss on the end.

as some people would try to use that as two items.

thanks girls x

tiramisu

on this same topic... so does anyone know from experience if an empty fragrance bottle can be used for B2M? :?:

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
on this same topic... so does anyone know from experience if an empty fragrance bottle can be used for B2M? :?:

Only some locations accept glass. You can send in empties to mac though.

Kristen

Can mascara tubes be returned for B2M without the wand? I like to save my wands to use as spoolies (and so far the fibre rich one is my favourite).

shopgirl151

Jumping in here with a question of my own... what about wipes containers? Do those count? I'm on my way to finishing a second, and I didn't know if it was worth it to save them or not. Thanks!

dollbabybex

in my store fragrance can be used.

but in my store the dont really check the empties that good,
so im sure they wouldnt notice if the mascara didnt have the wand.

i dont think wipe containers would be accepted.

as they dont expect the paints either.

just glass or plastic.

MAC_Whore

I was told by MAC personnel that all of those things count (wipes, mascara, quad case (from a pre-packaged quad), and perfume). The problem is that diff MAC locations tell people diff things and as far as I know, they all send their Back to MAC to the same MAC facility for recycling. So, I don't get it. I could be missing something, but it all just seems like a lack of communication.

I guess the trick is to ask around until you find a counter that accepts it all.

KawaiMakani

Not too sure about the pro longwear gloss since I don't use it, but I think that pretty much all plastics and glass items can be B2M. I know that I have turned in several large wipes containers as well as empty brush cleaner bottles, foundations container, empty quads, and at my Macy's counter even empty paints. My favorite MA there told me that anything that comes in a box that has "back to MAC" on the flap can be turned in. But like with anything else, I would check with the store that you are going to be doing the B2M at.

ellemarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl151
Jumping in here with a question of my own... what about wipes containers? Do those count? I'm on my way to finishing a second, and I didn't know if it was worth it to save them or not. Thanks!

My MA told me that wipe containers do count.