B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

fletch50

Thanks for the help everyone! For those of you who were wondering about the lash boxes I have used them at a counter in a Bay store for B2M before.

scrapbookromance

I bought the 4 mini paints with this past holiday collection - could I take the box they came in for b2m? and, when you get your free lipstick does your receipt say b2m or can you go back the next day and "exchange" it for a lipglass and pay the difference?

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
I bought the 4 mini paints with this past holiday collection - could I take the box they came in for b2m? and, when you get your free lipstick does your receipt say b2m or can you go back the next day and "exchange" it for a lipglass and pay the difference?

It's my understanding that you'd have to have the paint tubes AND box if it's plastic that they came it...with sets of any sort all items must be turned in together to count as one of your six items. Some counters may be more liberal...maybe call your store first to be sure.

As far as exchanging a B2M for a lipglass, the MACs I frequent (both freestanding and Nord counter) always put a Sharpie mark on the bottom of the lipstick to indicate that it's a B2M and thus non-refundable/non-exchange-able. I'm also thinking my receipts say "Back to MAC," but am not 100 percent sure.

merleskaya

scrapbookromance

boxes for B2M?

when the boxes say B2M on them, does that just mean what's inside can be used for B2M or can you use the boxes too?

eco

Back To Mac... other products to transfer to new containers?

I haven't depotted my eyeshadows yet, but i almost have enough empty products to return for a lipstick. i am returning:

1 empty lipglass (lust)
1 empty studio fix powder
1 empty/old zoomlash
1 empty say yeah e/s

i am low on:
brush cleanser
studio moisture cream
studio fix fluid
studio fix powder
base light paint

have any of you ever transfered a product besides an eyeshadow for B2M? i am thinking about transferring the cleanser and either the moisterizer or the foundation. i'm afraid if i transfer the paint or the foundation i might muck it up with a not air-tight enough container and dry it out.

bellaetoile

paints don't do well outside of the tubes. i had some in a 5g sample jar and the consistency changed. it didn't completely dry up, but it was harder to work with.

i always travel with sample jars of studio moisture cream and it's always been fine, and stayed moist.

studio fix powder and studio fix fluid. i'm not entirely sure how you'd transfer these, and it'd seem like you'd lose a LOT of product.

best bet is the brush cleaner. i always dilute my brush cleaner with, and put it into a spray bottle, available at any craft store, and some beauty supply stores as well. also, unless its hard for you to get to mac locations, why not just wait to B2M everything until you actually finish your products?

Ithica

Back 2 Mac

Sorry if there posts already about this... But i was wondering if someone could help me out. Up until now i've been keeping all my mac products in their mac boxes.

Now.. I know nothing about BACK2MAC (yes, i checked on the website - to find little infomation) On the boxes it says back2mac - does that mean the boxes can be recycled or are they only after the actual eyeshadow pots that are empty?

Do they have to be taken to an actual mac counter? I also heard you get a lipstick if you do take then back? Is that true?

Thanks in advance girls, you all rock.

a914butterfly

B2M pissing me off!!!!

i was so pissed off yesterday when i went to my local macy's mac counter. i had 6 empties for B2M and wanted to get the 15 minutes (from amuse collection) lipstick for it. the lady (she is the manager) told me i couldn't B2M for it since it's a new lipstick and just came out. i told her i never heard of that and its only the lipsticks in the icon collections or the ones with special packaging like lure and belle azure had. She said no it's with any new collection that comes out. i think that really sucks since i spend so much freakin money on mac and then finally have 6 empties to bring back for 1 lousy free lipstick and then i can't even do that. i'm going to call customer service later and complain!! has this ever happened to anyone else and did anyone else ever hear of this rule???

joraye

Hmm....I got Blonde on Blonde yesterday and the roomie got Pink Maribou. And I brought in 18 empty e/s and they were about to trade out all of them for new Amuse l/s.

I didn't trade in the other 12 because my mom wears l/s where I'm more of a l/g gal, so I'm being nice, but I love Blonde on Blonde.

Send me your empties and I'll send your free l/s? Haha. Or just come on down to Oklahoma because we'll obviously do things not by the book....

BlahWah

I've never had a problem at my counter getting LE lippies thru B2M, so long as there's no special packaging... there's a thread about this somewhere and that's been the conclusiong: any lipstick except those w/ special packaging.

misslilith

I am so happy about beeing able to B2M in Switzerland.
The MAs did probably never hear about any of the rules you have in the US.
I can bring e/s pans from depotting, can choose from every lipstick available (even LE with special packaging) except Viva Glam and the lippies will not even be marked B2M. I feel so lucky!

a914butterfly

i just called customer service to complain and she told me that its all icon, special packaging and LE lipsticks (which seems like every new collection is LE). i put my few cents in telling her that i spend so much money every month on mac and to give 1 free $14.00 stinkin lipstick shouldn't be such a problem. if they want people to spend so much money on mac, they have to compromise a bit with the B2M rules. i mean you can only get a free lipstick and not eyeshadow or foundation, etc so they should be willing to accomodate the consumer who is filling their (MAC's) wallets!! she explained it that LE lipsticks only manufacture a certain amount and then they are gone and if they kept giving them out with b2m then the other comsumers may not get a chance to buy them before they are gone.

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
she explained it that LE lipsticks only manufacture a certain amount and then they are gone and if they kept giving them out with b2m then the other comsumers may not get a chance to buy them before they are gone.

maybe they should make more LE lipsticks so that people can B2M for them. or be allowed to B2M and get $14 off your entire purchase of $14 or more for every 6 empties. or 3 empties becomes $7 off. each empty is worth $2.33 with the current B2M. how about standardizing and saying each empty is $2 off your purchase, but the value of the empties may not exceed the value of your purchase.

silly MAC/E.L. people - they're killing business!

Wattage

I think it really depends where you go. I can see why they might not allow B2M for LE lippies. I know at my counter they could care less what you use your B2M for - I have received many LE lipsticks. Heck, they even forget to take the lipstick out of the box sometimes and they have never marked the bottoms.

Try your luck at another counter. You never know
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

I agree with Wattage,.. with my numerous freestanding/counters say you can't get colored/special packaging,.. and icon,.. but LE is fair game,.. this whole marking thing is beyond me and they have never taken it out of the box?? Our freestanding is great!! and the Nordies counter definitely is a close second!

AudreyNicole

I have always been able to B2M for LE lippies with no problem at my counter and freestanding store. My freestanding store requires that the metal pan be in the empty to count though, and the Nordies counter takes the melted pots. It seems each location has their own set of rules...