B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

d_flawless

i think it may just depend on the area you're in, depending on how many people actually try to use B2M to get LE l/s...that does kinda suck, but i can see the point to, of trying to allow everyone a fair chance at buying something.

joraye

marking the box? taking it out of the box? all i had to do was put my name, addy and ph # into a little log.

this time was my first B2M, so why the box stuff?

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraye
marking the box? taking it out of the box? all i had to do was put my name, addy and ph # into a little log.

this time was my first B2M, so why the box stuff?

They do this so you can't go back and get "your money back" on the B2M lipstick.

MACGoddess

At our Store, we are not allowed to accept e/s pots without the metal in them as Audrey already said... We do give B2M for LE l/s though.

And the reason why we mark the box and bottom of the l/s is bc we figure, you are getting a free l/s that you get to pick yourself, if you have the opportunity to try it out and make sure you like it before you buy it, then you don't really need to exchange it do you? We mark it so that if someone is trying to exchange it we know and can't allow it.

mactard

though i think that it is wrong that rules are different where you go because certain MA's let you slide and get any lipstick and then others only allow lipsticks from permanent collections... i also think that the B2M is a priveledge. i mean, other companies don't have that same programs so instead of complaining that we can't get a certain lipstick or that we should be able to get a shadow, we should be thankful MAC is allowing us to get a free lipstick for recycling.

i just turned in a bunch of empties for lipsticks and though i don't wear lipsticks, i'm thanksful that i got lipsticks for saving only six empty containers.

princess

The standalone store I always go to didn't allow me to exchange for an LE lipstick sometime back, and I stupidly exchanged it for a existing shade I didn't even really like. Few days later someone on another forum said she got a LE lipstick from B2M from a different counter.

I guess it's because different MAs heard different things.
th_confused_new.gif

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactard
though i think that it is wrong that rules are different where you go because certain MA's let you slide and get any lipstick and then others only allow lipsticks from permanent collections... i also think that the B2M is a priveledge. i mean, other companies don't have that same programs so instead of complaining that we can't get a certain lipstick or that we should be able to get a shadow, we should be thankful MAC is allowing us to get a free lipstick for recycling.

i just turned in a bunch of empties for lipsticks and though i don't wear lipsticks, i'm thanksful that i got lipsticks for saving only six empty containers.

exactly my thoughts!

jenniferm1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
maybe they should make more LE lipsticks so that people can B2M for them. or be allowed to B2M and get $14 off your entire purchase of $14 or more for every 6 empties. or 3 empties becomes $7 off. each empty is worth $2.33 with the current B2M. how about standardizing and saying each empty is $2 off your purchase, but the value of the empties may not exceed the value of your purchase.

silly MAC/E.L. people - they're killing business!

Maybe they should just stop making EVERYTHING a Limited Edition. Really, it's getting kinda old. When will they come out with some new permanent colors already?

Oonie

Wow I have gotten a few LE l/s with B2M, I have never had the bottom marked, sometimes they take it out the box, sometimes they don't. And this is from counters and freestanding.

And I just turned in 6 depotted e/s containers for a free l/s at a store. I am so glad they let me do that since all my e/s have been depotted.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactard

I agree that the program is a priviledge. I also agree that you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. However, the program is completely useless for some people. It is what it is. So I see why they'd like to change it. I personally don't do B2M very often cuz I really don't need lipstick. Also, as you said, there is just a huge discrepancy in what is excepted and what's not and it can be a pain in the @$$.

sigwing

It's weird all the differences here.

On the website, I read it yesterday to see what it said & it only mentions special sizes or different packaging of some kind, nothing about "icon" or LE stuff. I've never had a problem at my counter when I've turned in tons of the plastic pots, and when I depot eyeshadows, obviously, the metal pan is not in the plastic & would have to be removed for recycling anyway. This is the first I've seen anything like that. And the girls there thought it was great to use them for LE shades. I'll have to take in the other 6 I have sitting here when there's one I want that's coming up in Sept. and see what happens I guess.

Hmmmm....

I've never had a problem turning my B2Ms in for LEs. Actually, I just got Pink Maribu as a B2M yesterday.
WTF2.gif

I do agree, however, with the fact that everything is LE it seems. To keep more new things as permanent, MAC would probably have to discontinue some of its older permanent collection. What are you willing to give up? There's only so much room and the collections just keep coming....

I think a lot of times in larger companies, there is a discrepancy in policy practices. Also, I thought most counters were owned by the department store they were in, so maybe they can enforce a stricter set of rules there. (I'm speculating here.)

ok....2 cents done

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
At our Store, we are not allowed to accept e/s pots without the metal in them .

I think that is a total bullsh*t policy. the metal pans cannot be used again so what is the difference. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by the sale of palettes.
LUCKILY mine do not care if they are melted and if this becomes a universal policy, they will get lots of dissapointed customers.(and likely a lot less since b2m keeps us coming back!) and I have never in 12 years b2m'd without buying something else.

shabdebaz

It is unfortunate that different stores have different policies. I guess it just depends on the manager's discrepancy. We are told over here that only lipsticks with special packaging (eg. Viva Glam, Lure, etc...) are not eligible for B2M, everything else IS. I have given away many LE lipsticks for B2M.

VeronikaJ

I know it is very easy to sit here and complain that MAC does/ doesn't allow you to get LE or special packaged lipsticks through Back to MAC, but you have to look at it objectively. MAC has managed to keep their prices farely low in comparison to other department store/ specialty makeup brands. Much of this is probably in part to the fact that MAC does not offer Gift with Purchases (costs companies large amounts to do something like this) so that they are able to keep prices lower because they are not spending money on other things that not everyone will even benefit from (most GWP's have colors that are not popular or do not sell, etc) and who really wants an ugly free product anyway? MAC's prices have stayed relatively stable and low, inflation and the economy of course have a large influence on a company as large as Estee Lauder but they have faired well in relation to Chanel, Lancome, etc. AND... There is no other brand that will allow you to recylce directly with them and receive free product. That said, simply use your B2M's on favorite lipsticks you know you love and just appreciate that MAC has a program that not only helps the environment but also puts a new lipstick in your possession.
smiles.gif

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
I think that is a total bullsh*t policy. the metal pans cannot be used again so what is the difference. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by the sale of palettes.
LUCKILY mine do not care if they are melted and if this becomes a universal policy, they will get lots of dissapointed customers.(and likely a lot less since b2m keeps us coming back!) and I have never in 12 years b2m'd without buying something else.

Actually, they do melt down the metal pans IIRC... And I wish we could do something about it, but that is our official orders so our hands are a little tied.

kittenluvsmac

I just got 2 free Charm Factor lipsticks through B2M by turning in 12 empties to the MAC counter at Nordstrom. My empty e/s pots didn't have the metal pans in them either. No MA/SA has ever even checked what my empties look like, honestly (not at Nordstrom, Dillard's, Foley's, nor the freestanding MAC store). I have only had a problem one time getting a LE lipstick through B2M, but it was a special promotion for The Girl Next Door movie. I know others on MUA, though, who got TGND lipstick free through B2M, so it really does depend on who you deal with and what store/counter it is.

I try to stick to the SAs/MAs that know my face, know I'm a "MAC addict," and won't give me a hard time about getting a free lipstick after I've literally spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on MAC.

MACaronincheese

I got charm factor as a B2M with no problem, my pots didn't have the metal pan, and I turned them in in a bag and the MA didn't even count them (there was 18, I guess I look honest
th_dunno.gif
)!