B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

MACgirl

A girl came into my store on sunday to express her feelings on this "new policy" i told her where she went for her b2m and she said a counter and thats what she was told. My manager has not told us anything about a "new policy" and i told the customer its bogus if that goes through, and that my sister just on saturday took in 3 sets of b2ms at the other mac store in my city and got her lispticks. I told her to bring them in and we'll take care of it, one of my coworkers was thier and she agreed.

Beautiful1

Well I Hope That We Find Out Soon Because I Would Definitely Like To Know!
smiles.gif

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
I'm just wondering why did you only have to return 11 B2M but you got 2 Lipsticks? I thought it was 6 B2M for 1 Lipsitick?

She probably had another empty which wasn't a depotted item.

matthea

I had no idea that pro pans of blushes of e/s were cool for B2M. I've thrown mine away. I thought it was only plastic and glass products! *bangs head on table*
What about jars you buy from pro? I have a few that I bought from pro and used for things over the years that are now grungy and gross. Can I use those for B2M?

princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Good to know. FYI I turned in empties at Nordtrom in IP not too long ago for Culturebloom l/s.
smiles.gif

2 of the counters I went to refused to let me exchange my empties for Culturebloom l/s! They told me all LE lipsticks are not eligable and I can only choose from their permanent range.
weeping.gif

ellemarie

I usually put all my empties in a MAC bag and give them to the SA. Nobody's ever said anything about a new policy to me. Sometimes they'll check to see what shades I'm returning and offer to sell me a pan version of it.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
2 of the counters I went to refused to let me exchange my empties for Culturebloom l/s! They told me all LE lipsticks are not eligable and I can only choose from their permanent range.
weeping.gif

Were the counters in the Tampa, FL area? Maybe I lucked out then
th_confused_new.gif
HMMMM! I think I am going to be buying my must-have LE lipsticks out-right just to be safe, until we know what's going on!
weeping.gif

kannan

I did back2mac on 2 lipsticks in a mac store
and one at a nordstrom counter today.

all depotted e/s except one empty l/s.
No one gave me a problem and I got 2 classic coordinates l/s and a perm.

farra712

When you guys return the e/s compacts, do you include the plastic piece you have to pop out to depot? Mine are all melty and deformed and I couldn't put them back in! Have any of you taken in JUST the compact without the metal pan or plastic pan-holder thing?

Pink_lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
When you guys return the e/s compacts, do you include the plastic piece you have to pop out to depot? Mine are all melty and deformed and I couldn't put them back in! Have any of you taken in JUST the compact without the metal pan or plastic pan-holder thing?

the MAs at the store i've gone to have all given me the same response about that, which is that it doesn't matter if the plastic piece that holds the e/s pan is deformed because it's going to be melted down anyway.

the last time i took back empties, one of the plastic pieces had caught on fire while trying to depot (oops!), and i wasn't sure if i needed that part to do b2m. i don't think you have to have it, but it might not be a bad idea to throw in there, just in case. i just tossed everything in the bag, and when the manager was counting to make i had 6 empties, she laughed and asked me what method i used to depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthea

i actually just did b2m and got two l/e lipsticks. so i would guess that it's okay. :confused: it seems that there's a lot of confusion over the whole system.

Shawna

Alright, I finally got a response to my email from MAC, and it is totally useless. They don't even mention the metal bits although that is specifically what I emailed about. I have a feeling they just fired off a general response, but here it is anyhow.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

Because we share your concern about our environment, with the Brand's
inception in 1985 we established the "Back to M.A.C" program: When you have
finished using M.A.C plastic packaged cosmetic items purchased from us,
please bring the containers back to a M.A.C location near you.

Although we cannot reuse these containers for our products, we can make
sure the packaging materials are properly recycled. To credit you for your
good deed, the accumulation of six (6) recyclable plastic containers
entitles you to select one free M.A.C lipstick as our thanks.

Please note: Since 100% of the retail selling price of Viva Glam Lipsticks
is provided to organizations that help people living with HIV/AIDS,
Lipsticks in this series are excluded from this program.

Also, the "Back To M.A.C" program is not available where regulations
prohibit.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the
opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Tiffany Soriente
Global Consumer Communications

mspixieears

Given the response that Shawna got from the MAC rep, would it be safe to assume that this business about needing the silver part of e/s for B2M isn't true?

I pasted the MAC e-mail into the B2M FAQ thread in the FAQ forum, as well as the first post, so that everyone can see this isn't a new policy.

Hope no one minds, I'm going to close the thread only so that no one else gets confused and thinks MAC has a new B2M policy; if anyone feels discussion on this topic isn't finished, please PM me & I'll be happy to reopen it.

mima

back to mac for limited lipsticks

hi girls,

i know there was a thread for this before and i did a search but i couldn't find it. sorry. anyway, i'm getting quite frustrated that MAs give me so much trouble when i try to use back to mac for LE lipsticks. as far as i know, it is only lipsticks in special packaging e.g. catherine denevue/diana ross/etc that you can't back to mac (which is fine, i purchased those lipsticks and was happy to...strawberry blonde is awesome) but i believe you can back to mac for LE lipsticks if they are in the standard usual packaging. but every MA tells me you can only get lipsticks from the permanent line when you back to mac. is there a page i could print out from the mac website about this?

thanks

beautenoir

I've B2M for LE lipsticks before and was told that as long as it wasn't different packaging that it was allowed...try a different counter or ask a manager.
This is from the site and it says that only viva glam l/s is discluded from the program...if LE's were then it would be specified.

Back to M·A·C Program
Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics Online, you receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you.
Since 100% of the retail selling price of Viva Glam Lipsticks is provided to organizations that help people living with HIV/AIDS, these colours are excluded from this program.

HTH!

mima

thanks so much for responding. i saw that paragraph from the website. the problem is, it has nothing about special packaging, so the MAs say it hasn't been updated yet, and they have to follow their new update (which according to them states that no LE lipsticks, regardless of packaging) are allowed.

ssad.gif

Latest posts