B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

m4dswine

Re: Back 2 MAC Information - Please read before posting on B2M

Paint tubes can be returned can't they? I was in brighton the other week in the f/s store and they wouldn't take back the paint tube, saying they didn't accept it... I can't find anywhere that says they don't accept them... am going to take them to the counter in Plymouth tomorrow and I don't want to have to start an argument...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
Paint tubes can be returned can't they? I was in brighton the other week in the f/s store and they wouldn't take back the paint tube, saying they didn't accept it... I can't find anywhere that says they don't accept them... am going to take them to the counter in Plymouth tomorrow and I don't want to have to start an argument...

they should accept them. it is any glass, metal or plastic container, including paints and shadow pans. if anyone has any problems, i would suggest emailing mac or live chatting with them, and print off the conversation of them saying this, then take it with you when you go in. why it varys so much from location to location is beyond me. my counter accepts paints, pans (even tho we don't sell them) fluidline, etc. i don't know what the problem is.

starangel2383

exactly what is the size of the MAC eye shadow pans? is it 20mm or is it slightly larger?

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle282
okay, i have a question and i hope i've asked it in the correct place and that someone will be able to help me out.
smiles.gif

a year ago, an ma told me about B2M and said that pro pan refills counted.

then, six months ago, when i brought one in for B2M, another ma ( ma #1 no longer worked there) told me no, they do not count. but, i've saved them anyway. i know that a bunch of posters on this thread have gotten different responses for the stores around them.

i wanted to know if anyone has been able to B2M pro pan refills at any counters or freestanding stores in the NYC/Long Island area? even though the ma's at my store are nice, they're confusing.

also, has anyone to date had any luck mailing in pro pan refills and receiving lipsticks for B2M?

thanks guys
smiles.gif

I called MAC, like the company, and these are technically not B2M. I have been to 3 stores in Manhatten and the two MAC's in Queens Center Mall, and the pans are NOT B2M. They are really strict about it too!

wavey.gif

miztgral

does the full-size lipgelee tube count towards B2M?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Yes, Lip Gelees count.

Look for the Back 2 MAC logo on the packaging, and a curved arrow on the product itself. That means it's recyclable.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Yes, Lip Gelees count.

Look for the Back 2 MAC logo on the packaging, and a curved arrow on the product itself. That means it's recyclable.

yes, do look for the b2m on the box flaps, but the arrow has nothing to do with the b2m program.

Pinup86

Sorry, I have only read about half way through. There is so much to get through on this thread!

I was wondering if MAC perfumes qualify at all? It is glass after all!
smiles.gif

.k.

can i turn in my empty palettes for B2M??

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup86
Sorry, I have only read about half way through. There is so much to get through on this thread!

I was wondering if MAC perfumes qualify at all? It is glass after all!
smiles.gif

yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
can i turn in my empty palettes for B2M??

yep.

silverbelle282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
I called MAC, like the company, and these are technically not B2M. I have been to 3 stores in Manhatten and the two MAC's in Queens Center Mall, and the pans are NOT B2M. They are really strict about it too!

wavey.gif

thank you. BUT get this!: I live chatted with a mac artist who told me they can be sent back in for b2m, and that it varies which locations accept them. i didn't press her for why, i just said thank you and that i was mailing in my pro pans for b2m. so that is weird. i'm going to mail it out sometime this week. maybe i should include a copy of the mac chat in the envelope? any ideas?

Mahima: i wanted to know if mac accepts the pro pan refills for back to mac, because i usually use those as opposed to pot eyeshadows
Mahima: i wanted to mail in some empties and just wanted to know
smiles.gif

Sara: Yes! We do accept Pro Palette pans (the legitimate ones with a sticker and magnet on the bottom). However, if you are depotting your shadows and want to recycle the metal tin, you will need to bring in the plastic container with it. We now have an expanded Back to MAC program that is available at all freestanding MAC Stores. You will now have the option of choosing from 3 product categories (Lipsticks, Clear or Tinted Lipglass or a Small Eye Shadow, excluding all Viva Glam products). The standard Back to MAC program still applies to MAC counter locations (dept stores).
Mahima: hmm well can i mail in my empties instead?
Mahima: will i be able to choose an eyeshadow or a gloss, or just lipstick?
Mahima: sorry to bother you with all these questions i just dont want to make a mistake! lol
Sara: No problem, be back in just a moment.
Sara: If you choose to mail in your plastics or Pro Palette pans, you can get a free lipstick. The expanded program is MAC Store only (please see above where I detailed this).
Mahima: ok great, thank you so much for checking this for me.
Mahima: how come some stores do not accept the pro pans?
Sara: If you don't want to choose a lipstick, just hang onto those containers/refills and get your freebies next time you
Sara: re at a MAC Store.
Sara: All MAC Stores accept the Pro Palette refills. They do not take the depotted tins however.
Mahima: right that is weird because my mac store said they did not
Sara: You may want to contact Consumer Communications in that case, because I was told that all MAC locations will accept the refills now.

ladynpink

I had just called a mac store and pro store in orlando, and all of them said that they accept the pro pan refills, but not the depotted empties...gosh..i have a bunch i don't know what i'm gonna do with them...
I also chat with a MA and they said the same thing!! bummers!!

silverbelle282

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynpink
I had just called a mac store and pro store in orlando, and all of them said that they accept the pro pan refills, but not the depotted empties...gosh..i have a bunch i don't know what i'm gonna do with them...
I also chat with a MA and they said the same thing!! bummers!!

weeping.gif

oh poop.

i guess the only thing i would do is to save them! you can turn them in with the pans once you've finished the shadow. or, you can try seeing if anyone does accept them for b2m. i actually was considering depotting all my shadow (i only buy pots when i must- LE stuff) and i called a mac counter at a bloomingdale's near me and they said they took them. i don't know why, everyone has different policies . . . :confused: . . .but maybe you can call around? you never know

starangel2383

the jacksonville store will only take them with the pans in them, but the MAC counter at the local belk will take them without the pans but you can only get a lipstick at the counter. i would rather find some way to replace the shadow pans with new empty pans and turn them in at the store for the eyeshadow than a lipstick, because i am more of a shadow girl. but thats just me.

silverbelle282

Quote:
Originally Posted by starangel2383
the jacksonville store will only take them with the pans in them, but the MAC counter at the local belk will take them without the pans but you can only get a lipstick at the counter. i would rather find some way to replace the shadow pans with new empty pans and turn them in at the store for the eyeshadow than a lipstick, because i am more of a shadow girl. but thats just me.

that is a good idea. lots of people have been getting those elf pans since they're only a buck. and i think there is even a thread called 'pigment pans' so maybe that will give you some ideas as to how to find them for cheap

soaked

So, I went to MAC store today to check out McQueen collection and I asked one of the MUA if I could B2M and get LE eyeshadow for it, she said YES. I drove back home to get some empties and went back to MAC and another worker told me that I couldn't get anything LE from B2M!! Who's right? I've had no problems getting LE stuff from counters at Macy's so I'm kind of pissed. Is this just a MAC store thing? Should I talk to someone in customer service on the MAC website? :confused: TIA

FemmeNoir

Has anybody used B2M for a McQueen eyeshadow?

Jacq-i

I tried to yesterday, but the store manager said no... I ended up getting Snob lipstick with my B2M and then I just bought my McQueen stuff.
smiles.gif