B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Re: Back 2 MAC Information - Please read before posting on B2M

Does anyone know if we can b2m an eyelash curler? The box it comes in says back 2 mac but the manager at my store said we cannot. I live in California. Any help would be appreciated!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariakyle123
Does anyone know if we can b2m an eyelash curler? The box it comes in says back 2 mac but the manager at my store said we cannot. I live in California. Any help would be appreciated!

if you still have the box take that in and show them that is says b2m on it. if you don't, just have them look at a box at the store. or just take it to another store. we accept them at my counter.

MacOnMe

My MAC counter in Macy's doesnt even check the empties I give them. Ive never seen em look in the bag or anything....not that i would rip em off anything. I just started to depot my e/s so i now have like 70 empties!! I dont know what im waiting for, but i got em!!!

COBI

My store says that collection shadows are not eligible for the free B2M. My counter only does free lips.

They don't count my B2M anymore, either; I've been there enough that they trust me, especially when they're busy.

GetGlammed

I'm sure you can if it's almost empty! I also recently learned that you can now pick a lip gloss or eye shadow instead of picking a lipstick at the free standing stores. If it's a MAC in the department stores, than I believe you can only pick lipsticks for your recycled six items.

purrtykitty

MAC Recycling Question

The hubby and I are planning our annual trip to Kansas City, which means I will be hitting the Plaza MAC store hard.
graucho.gif
I'm thinking of taking my empties down with me so I can trade them in, but I want to know if I can get eyeshadows and lipglosses or if I'm limited to lipsticks? Anyone from the KC store, or who has frequented this store and knows?

courters

Re: MAC Recycling Question

You can get eyeshadow, lipstick, or lipglass. I went there all the time when I lived in KC.

erine1881

you can get either of the three at mac stores.

you can only get lipsticks from counters.

astronaut

Okay, so when you all say "lipglosses" what constitutes as a lipgloss? Lustreglass, plushglass, lipglass, lipgelees all included?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Okay, so when you all say "lipglosses" what constitutes as a lipgloss? Lustreglass, plushglass, lipglass, lipgelees all included?

since i work for mac, i can't participate in b2m. so i send all my containers to my sister. she got a lustreglass. i believe it is either a lipglass, lustreglass, or lipgelee, as long as it is $14 (lipsticks and shadows that count are $14 also). since plushglass isn't $14, i don't think it counts. i don't work at a store, just a counter (we only give the lipstick), so i am not 100% sure on the specifics. call the store that you want to go to to find out for sure.

Kristal

I have an eye makeup remover container but the top completely disapeared, do you think they will take it?

silverbelle282

man... i have been B2Ming like crazy these days, i recently got surreal, goldmine, and club. weird thing is they gave me pots and not pans.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal_Uhles
I have an eye makeup remover container but the top completely disapeared, do you think they will take it?

Probably so. I have turned in a few things without lids. I do think you would have a problem, however, if you were just turning in the lid.

prettygirl

i brought six empty eyeshadow containers to my dillard's mac counter yesterday.. and they took it without a problem! and the mua said that i could get anything except for "viva glam".. so that means that i could've got the le ones also. i hope this helps!

COBI

I know I thought it was odd that policy is they can't give pans even though they cost less than the pots... and cut down on future waste.

I've never been able to choose LE shadows for B2M.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I know I thought it was odd that policy is they can't give pans even though they cost less than the pots... and cut down on future waste.

ITA. I asked about this at my freestanding store and was told they wanted all eligible items to cost the same, so maybe it's more of a bookkeeping issue than anything else?

tinadudum

I was told by an MA at the pro store that one can recycle and get a choice of an eyeshadow, gloss or lipstick. has anyone actually done this??

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinadudum
I was told by an MA at the pro store that one can recycle and get a choice of an eyeshadow, gloss or lipstick. has anyone actually done this??

Did you read further back in this thread? Yes, this can be done but not at places like counters (where you can only get a free lipstick).

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
since i work for mac, i can't participate in b2m. so i send all my containers to my sister. she got a lustreglass. i believe it is either a lipglass, lustreglass, or lipgelee, as long as it is $14 (lipsticks and shadows that count are $14 also). since plushglass isn't $14, i don't think it counts. i don't work at a store, just a counter (we only give the lipstick), so i am not 100% sure on the specifics. call the store that you want to go to to find out for sure.

you realize that you shouldn't be doing this. it's actually against policy