B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Rebellefleur

I was told recently that you can no longer B2M for limited edition lipsticks even if they're not in special packaging.
Is this true? If so I dont understand why since they are the same price as the permanent lipsticks.. IMO it shouldnt make a difference.

erine1881

I was told recently that you can no longer B2M for limited edition lipsticks even if they're not in special packaging. Is this true? If so I dont understand why since they are the same price as the permanent lipsticks.. IMO it shouldnt make a difference.
It has nothing to do with price. Look at the lipsticks vs shadows now. They're not the same price, but both can be recycled for. Under that logic they should make one unavailable for recycle, or increase the price of the other. It has nothing to do with price. It has to do with the amount of the product made. Anywho, i just B2Md for lipsticks from the Playland collection yesterday and today. Each location makes up their own rules unfortunately. It varies by store/counter/city/state.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Not going through 50 odd pages... A mac employee here is Aus said they're adding 10 new shades to the b2m list, any Aussies know about this/ what shades??

NaturallyUrs

not too many...i save my empties for when i am broke and need a pick me up, but i have accumulated this HUGE collection of empties...just in case. here are some of the ones i have gotten over the last few years: faux, myth, syrup, capricious, hot tahiti, charismatic, plumful, taupe...that is all i can think of off the top of my head
I know this is an old thread. but, This is a good idea!

cowabungadude

I recently found a REALLY old empty of Gorgeous Gold e/s... I mean... I had this thing like 8 years ago. Not sure if packaging has changed much or at all since then but does anyone know if it would be accepted ?

erine1881

I recently found a REALLY old empty of Gorgeous Gold e/s... I mean... I had this thing like 8 years ago. Not sure if packaging has changed much or at all since then but does anyone know if it would be accepted ?
If it's MAC and it's glass, metal or plastic, it counts. Doesn't matter how old it is.

jetjet

Not going through 50 odd pages... A mac employee here is Aus said they're adding 10 new shades to the b2m list, any Aussies know about this/ what shades??
I hope this is true! I think I have just about all I want from the current list, to the stage where I'm thinking of taking my empties on my next trip to London or the US. Nothing has changed on the site but it's always been a bit slow

eepeepburrah

Hey all, question. I have a couple of paint pots that I transferred to different packaging for easier storage. If there is no label on the bottom of the jar, do you think they will still accept them for B2M?

bluelitzer

I tried to search for this in the search bar but it doesn't seem like it has been discussed so I just want to ask if anyone has ever B2M by mailing the empties to MAC? I hate having my lipstick marked with permanent marker at the bottom when I B2M at a store and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Mailed-In B2M will have the same permanent marker at the bottom? Thank you.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I tried to search for this in the search bar but it doesn't seem like it has been discussed so I just want to ask if anyone has ever B2M by mailing the empties to MAC? I hate having my lipstick marked  with permanent marker at the bottom when I B2M at a store and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Mailed-In B2M will have the same permanent marker at the bottom? Thank you.
I did a B2M via mail a couple of years ago. My lipstick isn't marked, at least not on the tube. (I don't remember if the box was.)

Patterdale

I live in Louisville, KY and have never had a package refused for B2M, wipe containers, stuff full of product...they let me trade it all in!

keyflyhair

Has anyone read the RECENT B2M guidelines stated in the back of the Update book (you can always request to see the book at any counter)? The guidelines CLEARLY state that upon turning in any 6 items you can receive a lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow EXCLUDING "limited edition items", VIVA GLAM, Pro longwear, etc.)... it no longer specifics "special packaging items".... but ALL limited edition items. Correct protocol... one CAN NOT receive limited items (new collection items) when they drop off six items for B2M. Store who tell you that information are correct. Stores who hand over limit edition items during a B2M transaction are NOT following the information indicated in the back of the Update book or following information expressed to them during MAC update training. I hope this clears up any future confusion.

erine1881

Has anyone read the RECENT B2M guidelines stated in the back of the Update book (you can always request to see the book at any counter)? The guidelines CLEARLY state that upon turning in any 6 items you can receive a lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow EXCLUDING "limited edition items", VIVA GLAM, Pro longwear, etc.)... it no longer specifics "special packaging items".... but ALL limited edition items. Correct protocol... one CAN NOT receive limited items (new collection items) when they drop off six items for B2M. Store who tell you that information are correct. Stores who hand over limit edition items during a B2M transaction are NOT following the information indicated in the back of the Update book or following information expressed to them during MAC update training. I hope this clears up any future confusion.
Yes, this is the new, current policy. And no, the public can not just ask to see the book. It contains confidential information, which is why employees have to agree to the confidentiality contract at the beginning of each update, which is stated at the beginning of the update book.

Latest posts