Back 2 MAC packaging

RubyRouge

Hi. I'm new to this site & also have never done Back 2 MAC before. I'm travelling to Sydney from Newcastle early tomorrow & want to check before I leave that what I'm recycling is OK. If anyone can help me I'd be really grateful! I've got: Pro Lash Mascara, Eyeshadow pots, Studio Fix compact & Studio Finish tube foundation. Thanks!
smiles.gif

jess98765

yep, you should be fine with all of those.... just hand them into MAC and choose your lippy(s).
Have fun
smiles.gif

Belle85

Just a stupid question on B2M, can you hand in 18 empty products and get 3 lippies, or is there a limit?

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle85
Just a stupid question on B2M, can you hand in 18 empty products and get 3 lippies, or is there a limit?

there is no limit as far as i know
smiles.gif

but i think they would be a bit suspicious if somebody sent in say 300 empty b2m's hahahah
lmao.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle85

There's no limit, but be sensible about it - bringing in a hundred items for B2M is going to be a PITA for all concerned.

RubyRouge, as long as you have six items, you'll be all set for B2M.
smiles.gif

chanelchic

i'd completely forgotten about this.

but then i've got so much stuff i'm probably never going to hit pan with anything :-/

MacVirgin

I have a lot of pots but i was wonderig what about the boxes with b2m on it. Are those good for b2m too. I feel stupid asking this, but don't realy know to be honest.

lara

The boxes with the B2M logo aren't valid for B2M - they only indicate that the product inside is valid for B2M.
smiles.gif

Belle85

Sorry, another question on B2M, but does it matter if the plastic insert in the depotted eyeshadow is a little bent out of shape? I left it on the straightener longer than i should have
ssad.gif

lara

Ask as many questions as you need! We're all here to help.

The plastic insert can be completely seperated and burnt to a wobbly crisp - as long as it's with the rest of the eyeshadow pot to count as one B2M item. (I usually just rubber-band them together to make it easier to count at the counter)
smiles.gif

Belle85

Ahhh! Thank you so much lara, your so sweet
smiles.gif
I was a little worried! The first lot of depotting i did, my boy handled the melting part (he had great fun burning those things, lol) and was fairly meticulous. I just depotted 2 last night and thought it would be easy, but by the end the inserts were pretty well melted out of shape!

bec

Can B2M only be used for lipsticks? I was reading elsewhere on Specktra (US posters I guess) said you can also receive lipgloss, eyeshadows?

lara

http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/custo..._services.tmpl
Quote:
Back to M·A·C Program
Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter, you receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you.

Since 100% of the retail selling price of Viva Glam Lipsticks is provided to organisations that help people living with HIV/AIDS, these colours are excluded from this program.

Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency". M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

* Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
* Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
* Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]
* Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]

In addition to our "Back to M·A·C Program," M·A·C uses minimal packaging and recycled paper to paperboard packaging in our offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities. Vegetable-based inks are used for printing whenever possible. At M·A·C we share your concerns about the environment and we are continually looking for ways to address those concerns while providing our customers with complete product satisfaction and safety.

hello, b2m isit applied to all products? i have those old products of it which i have used finish but still keeping the boxes... must it be totally empty? or should i clean it before i hand it to them? sorry for the stupid q.. 1st time heard that i can swap six M·A·C primary packaging containers for a lipstick :p

billy_cakes

I've never B2M'ed before as I've been saving everything up for when im poor and need a pick me up or for a epic collection. I read that in america you can b2m for mac wipes? surely this isnt the case?

MrsMay

unfortunately the only thing you can B2M for in Australia is lipsticks.

Do you mean B2Ming the package for the wipes or B2Ming depotted eyeshadows etc for the wipes?