Back 2 MAC packaging

MrsMay

sorry, I was a bit confused...

Not sure... check to see if it has the B2M symbol on it, if it does, then I would say so?
th_dunno.gif

miss_bailey

My friend discovered some OLD MAC shadows that had never been opened before, there still in the old shool screw top eyeshadow containers are these B2Mable?

Lyssah

Does anyone know if you can b2m for LE lipsticks?

And can you use pro pans to b2m? Thanks!

tracy718

Thanks for the great info!

I've been purchasing MAC products for a while but never been told that they have B2M until I got my first Studio Fix powder. They told me that if I bring 6 of the cases back then I can get a free lipstick...
th_dunno.gif

I thought that was only limited to the foundation compacts...now I know that I can bring back mascaras and eyeliners stuff like that...(dang it I've already thrown away so many of that...
angry.gif
)

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
My friend discovered some OLD MAC shadows that had never been opened before, there still in the old shool screw top eyeshadow containers are these B2Mable?

Bugger B2M - sell them in the clearance bin if they are colours people want!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
Does anyone know if you can b2m for LE lipsticks?

And can you use pro pans to b2m? Thanks!

Not sure about the pro pans, but I know in Adelaide you an B2M for LE lipsticks (Myers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy718
Thanks for the great info!

I've been purchasing MAC products for a while but never been told that they have B2M until I got my first Studio Fix powder. They told me that if I bring 6 of the cases back then I can get a free lipstick...
th_dunno.gif

I thought that was only limited to the foundation compacts...now I know that I can bring back mascaras and eyeliners stuff like that...(dang it I've already thrown away so many of that...
angry.gif
)

I know... I threw away soo many mascaras before I started taking advantage of B2M!!

niknacnikki69

Ok so here is the deal in the US, if you take 6 empty mac containers (anything) to a MAC counter, you get a lippie. If you take it to a freestanding store or pro store you get a lippie or an eyeshadow of your choice. I have taken back any and everything that has the back to mac logo.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknacnikki69
Ok so here is the deal in the US, if you take 6 empty mac containers (anything) to a MAC counter, you get a lippie. If you take it to a freestanding store or pro store you get a lippie or an eyeshadow of your choice. I have taken back any and everything that has the back to mac logo.

Yeah, that really annoys me that you can do that in the US but not in Australia
thmbdn.gif
only lippies here... I would KILL to be able to b2m for a eyeshadow!!

miss_bailey

B2Ming for lipsticks is really the only reason that I have lipsticks at all which I guess is a good thing.

simplyenchantin

Okay this is a dumb question but I was reading another thread and someone said you can't B2M eyeshadow pots that are missing their pans - is that right? Coz I was totally going to depot some of my shadows and use the plastic casing to get BBR lippies, but if they tell me that I need the pan aswell I won't bother!

sambibabe

I B2M for three lipsticks and none of the eyeshadows had pans.. I took the pans with me, just in case, but didn't need them at Myer Melbourne. miss_bailey said the Sydney stores were okay with that too.

miss_bailey

Yeah I dont think there as tight here about needing the pans. Most of them are just stoked you know what B2M is.

sambibabe

iagree.gif
I don't use heat depotting so all of the plastic inserts were clipped or broken and they didn't even care.. Oh well, they will be recycled anyway
greengrin.gif

simplyenchantin

Yeah but I guess it's kind of cheating to b2m brand new eyeshadow pots when you haven't used them up haha. So the consensus is I should start depotting shadows/blushes and get me some lippies!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Yeah but I guess it's kind of cheating to b2m brand new eyeshadow pots when you haven't used them up haha. So the consensus is I should start depotting shadows/blushes and get me some lippies!

IMO it's not really cheating as it's about recycling the product not a reward system for using the product up... I may be wrong but that's just what I was told
th_dunno.gif

simplyenchantin

You're right in that regard, definitely. However people are kind of jibbing them by not returning the aluminium pans coz that's probably quite useful recycling-wise.

sambibabe

^^ I brought the empty metal pans with me and MAC didn't ask for them!
Plus we pay at least $10 more per shadow here and we can ony B2M for the lipsticks.. I don't see it as cheating either
smiles.gif

freshxsoul

Not sure if this was mentioned, but with B2M ... Can you B2M old packaging ? Like packaging from CCO? Please let me know !

Thanks !