Back 2 MAC packaging

dearcupcake

how is it that some people have been able to b2m for collection l/s (ala bbr/sugarsweet). I tried b2ming for all's fair and marquise d but they said no?

I know Viva Glam lippies can't be B2M but what are the rules?!
(FOR EG i think i read that dame edna collection weren't allowed? Does that mean that some collections you can/can't????)

simplyenchantin

It's strange that they said no RE: BBR lipsticks. I B2M'd for All's Fair myself.

The deal with the collection lippies is that you can only B2M for lipsticks that are regular price ($35). As Dame Edna and Hello Kitty had special packaging, and the lipsticks were more than $35AUD, there is/was no B2M for them. So that will apply in the future, the general rule is you can't B2M for limited edition packaging lipsticks and viva glam lipsticks.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
how is it that some people have been able to b2m for collection l/s (ala bbr/sugarsweet). I tried b2ming for all's fair and marquise d but they said no?

I know Viva Glam lippies can't be B2M but what are the rules?!
(FOR EG i think i read that dame edna collection weren't allowed? Does that mean that some collections you can/can't????)

Which store was this? As far as I can remember, all the ladies here had no problem B2Ming for BBR lippies. Perhaps you had a newbie MUA, who wasn't clear with B2M rules?

dearcupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Which store was this? As far as I can remember, all the ladies here had no problem B2Ming for BBR lippies. Perhaps you had a newbie MUA, who wasn't clear with B2M rules?

the highpoint myer mac.
She even double checked with another girl there coz she was unsure?!
which stores have let you??
Thats cool, so at least now I know I am able to for lipsticks that arent in special packaging/ that are the same price.
smiles.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
the highpoint myer mac.
She even double checked with another girl there coz she was unsure?!
which stores have let you??
Thats cool, so at least now I know I am able to for lipsticks that arent in special packaging/ that are the same price.
smiles.gif

Highpoint is the only Vic store I haven't been. I usually B2M in Doncaster, but I know PRO, Chadstone and Melbourne stores B2M for lippies with no special packaging.

dearcupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Highpoint is the only Vic store I haven't been. I usually B2M in Doncaster, but I know PRO, Chadstone and Melbourne stores B2M for lippies with no special packaging.

thanks i might try just going into the melb store for any collection lipsticks...

MrsMay

Yeah, I think there was a widespread miscommunication regarding B2M'ing for LE lipsticks around the time of the BBR launch which was rectified about a week after it launched. That was the first time I paid retail for a lipstick, and will probably be the last lol...

Everything should be ok now though. It's only special packaging lipsticks that you can't B2M for. Normal LE collections such as sugarsweet you shouldnt have any problems.

sambibabe

Quote:
thanks i might try just going into the melb store for any collection lipsticks...

I love Melbourne store MUAs! The only annoying thing about the store is that they always sell out things, but then you could always try DJ!
Good luck and hope you can B2M the lippies you want!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Yeah, I think there was a widespread miscommunication regarding B2M'ing for LE lipsticks around the time of the BBR launch which was rectified about a week after it launched. That was the first time I paid retail for a lipstick, and will probably be the last lol...

Everything should be ok now though. It's only special packaging lipsticks that you can't B2M for. Normal LE collections such as sugarsweet you shouldnt have any problems.

Yup
smiles.gif
I called the AU service number and asked them directly - I was told there had been a meeting of managers and that all locations were to B2M for lippies in REG packaging even if they were from an LE Collection. The ONLY ones you cant B2M for here are lippies in special LE packaging.

sambibabe

^^ Oh yeah, that was you Panda! I was lucky that my MUAs had the correct information and got three lippies without any fuss.

tana2210

just wanted to bump this thread...
adelaide girls anyone had an issue b2ming depots?
Ive never had an issue at either djs or myers ever but today i popped in to djs on my way to uni and was told they cant take them??? strange coz ive never had a problem b4
i didnt have time to go to myers but ill go next week.
just curious...

piink_liily

Hi, I'm not from Adelaide but I did have the same problem in Brisbane. I actually e-mailed MAC Australia a few months back after they refused them and was told that they are supposed to take depots. I could fwd you the e-mail if you want?

lizzymcfizzy

I have an empty concealer pot if anyone wants it and they can be b2m? I can stick it in the post from work.

I don't live near a MAC counter so won't get a chance to do anything with it. If only I'd known earlier I'd have about 3 lol.

liz

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tana2210
just wanted to bump this thread...
adelaide girls anyone had an issue b2ming depots?
Ive never had an issue at either djs or myers ever but today i popped in to djs on my way to uni and was told they cant take them??? strange coz ive never had a problem b4
i didnt have time to go to myers but ill go next week.
just curious...

Never had a problem with B2M apart from special packaging collections.

I usually do my B2M at Myers (along with 99% of my MAC shopping) and have never had a problem with depots at all. I think Tess expects me to rock up at most collections launch days with a bag full of depots lol...

panda0410

Paddington takes depots too, I send all my depots to them and never had them returned for any reason
smiles.gif

pinnygig

Hi,
I just wanted to check how clean the containers need to be for B2M. I am having trouble getting every last bit out of some of them. THey are a bit sticky and hard. I am soaking them. Or can I just take them with whatever is left in them. Thanks for your help.

spectrolite

^They are not too fussed about product left inside in my experience but I do try to clean them a little bit. I rinse out any plastic bottles, containers etc.. but for things like eye shadow depots - if there is a bit of glue left then I just leave it. That's up to the people who are recycling the products for MAC to work out
smiles.gif

pinnygig

Thank you for that info. I have got most of the lipgloss out and am soaking it again to get the last dried out bits. Then off to MAC for my first B2M.!!!!!