Bad celebrity make-up looks...

jardinaires

I think some of the posts on this thread are a little harsh - Amy Winehouse's eyeliner might be a little weird to some people, and yeah it can look sloppy, but I know women in my area who think contouring the eyes looks completely ridiculous. Also, there are people who think bright lipcolor is absurd. Makeup isn't necessarily about pleasing everyone around you, it's about styling yourself in a manner which makes you feel you look better, just as someone against Amy's "look" stated, you wear makeup not to be remembered but to please yourself. I think looking at this in a more abstract way is key in situations like with Winehouse.

Bad makeup is in the eye of the beholder, just like beauty lol. Someone in the public eye is usually styled to please just that, the public eye - not necessarily that person.

MiCHiE

That would be a valid statement----if Amy wasn't out of her head most of the time. She's got issues. Her eyeliner is not the worst of them, unfortunately.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardinaires
I think some of the posts on this thread are a little harsh - Amy Winehouse's eyeliner might be a little weird to some people, and yeah it can look sloppy, but I know women in my area who think contouring the eyes looks completely ridiculous. Also, there are people who think bright lipcolor is absurd. Makeup isn't necessarily about pleasing everyone around you, it's about styling yourself in a manner which makes you feel you look better, just as someone against Amy's "look" stated, you wear makeup not to be remembered but to please yourself. I think looking at this in a more abstract way is key in situations like with Winehouse.

Bad makeup is in the eye of the beholder, just like beauty lol. Someone in the public eye is usually styled to please just that, the public eye - not necessarily that person.

Im all for expressing yourself with makeup - and in that sense there isnt a right or wrong way of wearing it. But the comments made about Winehouse are about her application - as someone rightly said on another thread, there is a right or wrong way to apply makeup. Unfortunately Winehouse's beauty regime seems to co-inside with her being off her tits...

However she is a genius, and one of the UK's greatest female musicans
yes.gif

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
If you put on makeup so people will remember you, then I guess thats your perogative. Usually celebrities are in the business because they sing, act, etc. Not because they have winged liner to their hairline.

I don't know. I put on makeup because I feel it makes me look better, covers things up, enhances things, and its somuch fun. I don't do it to be remembered.

hmm i feel obliged to defend amy here - she's in the business because she has a great singing voice, she's way more talented than most 'celebs'.
i think she can look quite pretty sometimes, but it's hard to look nice if you're a strung out addict.

CantAffordMAC

I totally agree with the fact that Amy Winehouse can sing and can be pretty. I like some of her songs, and its a shame that there hasn't been more from her. In one of her videos, I remember her with her hair down and she looked beautiful. Lately, I haven't seen that. At all.

@ Flowerhead-I know. I was responding to the person who stated that we'll remember the people with horrible makeup.
smiles.gif

Willa

Out here in Quebec there's a woman who had a couple of tv shows, she's the daugther of a somewhat rich man... She is really untallented (IMO) but they keep bringing her back to tv. Anyway, 3 years ago she even stared in a copy of Paris Hilton's A Simple Life.

That woman is always using too much of her white eye liner and let's not start on the lipgloss... they even mocked her several times on tv because of it
lol.gif

Oh yeah and there was this rumor that she had been for a while Ben Affleck's lover... o_0

So here she is : (I can't find better pictures
ssad.gif
)

losique.jpg

aml140x200.jpg

arts_losique_392.jpg

Lissa

Now usually I think Christina looks gorgeous...however
orange-celebs5.jpg

I was thinking of using my fake tanner to go out this weekend. I've changed my mind
orange-celebs2.jpg

lipslinds.jpg

Check out the hands compared to the face
lindsayorange.jpg

and the worst offender with bad makeup
jodie_marsh_beauty.jpg

xmrsvindieselx

I'm going to have to disagree about Amy. As much as i know she needs to take care of herself, she is gorgeous. she IS talented. and even though people associate her with her beehive and winged liner, that doesn't make her any less talented.

but girl neeeeeeeeds to clean up the liner ! haha. i dont even mind that its goes so high up..its messy as fuck. haha.

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Now usually I think Christina looks gorgeous...however
orange-celebs5.jpg

I was thinking of using my fake tanner to go out this weekend. I've changed my mind
orange-celebs2.jpg

lipslinds.jpg

Check out the hands compared to the face
lindsayorange.jpg

and the worst offender with bad makeup
jodie_marsh_beauty.jpg

i seriously cant stand jodie marsh!!

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
No work to do this afternoon lol, so more pics...

jlo_clown_face.jpg

1007jennifer_weird.jpg

I knew you guys will have a few bad makeup photos of Jlo. I think she has a habit of putting on too much light concealer. She's a pretty woman but she shouldn't try too hard. She should keep it all natural. =]

chocolategoddes

i never realized how horrible some celebrity makeup is. But we can't always blame the celebrities. It's the makeup artists who do the makeup in the first place!

wolfsong

A lot of celebs do their own makeup too. I think in these instances it was them (at least i hope so...)