BARBIE!! Rant about it here ^_^

aznsmurfy

I went to the mall today expecting to haul 3 of EVERYTHING but I walked away with nothing. o_O I usually get at least a few (or many) items from each collection but this one I completely passed up. The colors that were kinda cool (the hot fuschia ones) were not suitable for me and I couldn't really see an instance where I could wear them more than a few times a year.

The eyeshadows were nice.. .But kinda blah at the same time. Nothing really really stood out and they seemed kinda repetitive to previous colletions or exsisting colors. Sad! I was so looking forward to it too!!

But I do have to say that the new Satin Finish foundation is fantastic. ^_^ It's almost a HG.
smiles.gif

Any rants about Barbie? Oh that and the fact that they were sold out of so many things already. Like one of the lipsticks was gone, all the dolls (there were people waiting at 6:30am for them), and the shirts.

HOTasFCUK

Beautyburst eyeshadow! I like colours like that but its so ugly in person! It reminds me of terra cotta or clay or something! Its so flat-no shimmer or nothing....seems to matte to me! Such a disappointment! No dolls, no shirts either at two MAC's in Toronto (one store, on Bay counter). The colours are okay but i'd never wear green eyeshadow or bright pink lipstick. I did get Fab blush, Fashion pack lipgloss, & ofcourse....Mothbrown!

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Beautyburst eyeshadow! I like colours like that but its so ugly in person! It reminds me of terra cotta or clay or something! Its so flat-no shimmer or nothing....seems to matte to me! Such a disappointment! No dolls, no shirts either at two MAC's in Toronto (one store, on Bay counter). The colours are okay but i'd never wear green eyeshadow or bright pink lipstick. I did get Fab blush, Fashion pack lipgloss, & ofcourse....Mothbrown!

Beautyburst was definitely my most unfavourite thing in the collection! That colour just doesn't suit me at all. However I loved everything else
tong.gif

caroni99

Gasp! *shields beloved beautyburst from evil haters*

I liked the collection okay enough--it was a bit cool for my liking but my bank account nearly had an orgasm when it saw how little I spent.

I loved what I bought (Modern Ms, Happening Girl, Moth Brown, Springtime Skipper, Beautyburst, Playful, and Fab Blush--though the blush does not seem to blend well on me) everything else was meh....

Jacq-i

The only thing that upset me was my local MAC f/s store. The MA's opened up the store at a different time that the told me. (I had asked three different MA's on different days, and my bf called too) They were really rude about things being sold out...
ssad.gif

I had already bought some things at the unveiling, but today I ended up buying more makeup at the Macy's MAC counter, then bought the doll from Barbie Collector.
smiles.gif

NeonDollParts

Big dissapointment. Nothing special in that collection, or anything that would really suit me. I walked away empty-handed as well. It also didn't help that the MA's seemed to all be PMSing. Such a shame to have waited for this collection for weeks too. But I did take full advantage of the freebies at Lancome while I was at Macy's
greengrin.gif

lah_knee

what the hell? beautyburst was the best shadow from the collection! the fact that it didnt have frost in it was its best trait IMO... antiqued minus the frost which im not always a fan of :\

highheels

I thought the colours were all fairly drab/boring/blah too (besides the fushia products). I only bought one of the beauty powders for myself, and a couple of things for my 16 year-old niece (she doesn't already have tons of makeup and will enjoy it) - but there was nothing in the collection that really stood out to me - I felt like I had those colours already, or else they were colours I would never, ever wear (like that terra cotta eyeshadow <<shudder>>). The packaging is adorable, but I couldn't justify buying things just for that. I think Balloonacy will be more my cup of tea!

M.A.C.tastic

Can anyone tell me why the actual Barbie Doll's outfit is so fugly??? LoL. I saw in an old post that barbie should have been wearing all black, mac necklace, ohh and a makeup belt would have been so freakin cute. But she is wearing some none matching mess. I got one anyway just because I am a makeup artist and thought it would be cute to have a makeup artist barbie but man, she needs a personal shopper lol. (Sorry if I offened anyone who likes her outfit)

GalleyGirl

My rant is that this collection had too little for the warm-toned pale gals IMO. Most of the shades were way too cool. I did end up getting fashion pack, style it up, and magic dust though.
Also this collection made the MAs more bitchy than usual. I called up a store to ask about the barbie doll and got my head bitten off and hung up on! I understand that they must be sick to death of it all, but c'mon, its your job. Rant over.

Pascal

I was totally excited abput this launch, I was afraid I was going to buy everything, but when I went to the unvieling at Hollywood & Highland on Sunday and I saw the colors I was shocked, I was a bit dissappointed, I'm not saying the colors are ugly, but I already have so much green eye shadow, that the Summertime Skipper wasn't even tempting to buy, and as for eveything else, I'm not wearing Rocking Chick, that just doesn't appeal to me, Malibu Barbie Lip Glass swatched right next to Sweetie Cake Lip Glass is almost undeniably identical, Glimmer Shimmer's aren't my favorite product, I've bought one in the past and didn't even really use it except for one time, all the other eye shadows in this collection looked too much like colors I already own from MAC, the blushes are shimmery I can't use shimmery colors on my cheeks because it brings out too much texture on my cheeks. I don't realy know what else to say, I felt the same way about DANSE, I was so excited to see it and when I did I thought "What the hell is this" ?
I think the last time I was really stoked about any collection it would have to be LURE/BAIT/HOOKED that was a big favorite of mine along with Sweetie Cake, Culture Bloom, and Untamed. That's it I guess nothing else has caught my eye, and especially not the BARBIE stuff.

lol.gif

Ethel

I thought I'd be all over this, but I too was disappointed. The colors weren't that interesting to me. Some rather surprised me, because they aren't the colors I'd expect for Barbie at all. The only thing that stood out was Rocking Chick and even that looks like a couple fuchsia lipsticks I have so I figured why bother.

EmbalmerBabe

The Don't Be Shy blush reminds me exactly of this wet n' wild blush I have in a white container. I don't know if W+W still makes that blush but its a dead ringer. I thought I would like Fab but it looked funny on me.
I was pretty much suckered in because I am a big Barbie fan.
My damage was severe and I am going back today to get even more.
I gave most of my MAC lip stuff away so I need to restock up with new colors. Fortunately I did not go ga-ga over Raquel so I could with this.

a914butterfly

i really loved this collection. almost all the colors were perfect for me. im just upset that the black t-shirts werent available to buy online to the public and that the tote bag was too much money ($70.00) because i really would have liked one, but not at that price

M.A.C.tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaizybug
She wasn't suppose to be a Mac Makeup Artist, she is a customer. Hence she wasn't decked out in all black.

Oh okay, but still, they could have given her a bit more fashion sense imo.

cno64

MAC online gave me a scare, because some of the items I ordered started showing up as "sold out" not long after I placed my order.
They came through for me, though; all of my items shipped today, and should be delivered Friday.

I may even end up with two of "Rocking Chick." Long story.
I just hope I like it ...

amoona

I loved almost everything ... got 2 Springtime Skippers because I'm obsessed with green eyeshadows haha. The only thing I didn't like was the tote ... well I liked the tote just not the price. I was dieing to get it but it was too expensive and now it's only ebay for like $500!?! I rather by myself a Gucci for that much!

Latest posts