BARBIE!! Rant about it here ^_^

Chelly

i was pretty disappointed with this collection.. but i def bought malibu barbie lg .. so presh

Brumbjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
Can anyone tell me why the actual Barbie Doll's outfit is so fugly??? LoL. I saw in an old post that barbie should have been wearing all black, mac necklace, ohh and a makeup belt would have been so freakin cute. But she is wearing some none matching mess. I got one anyway just because I am a makeup artist and thought it would be cute to have a makeup artist barbie but man, she needs a personal shopper lol. (Sorry if I offened anyone who likes her outfit)

I totally agree. NOw that I've seen some closeups, I wonder *why* I bought the doll.

I'll jsut have to wait unitl I get it I guess!

Marcita

No collection is going to suit 100% of us. We all have such different coloring and such different likes. I bought nothing from Raquel because it was all too warm for me but I like the cool tones of Barbie. Plus I love having a Moth Brown with that cute little Barbie on it.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why the actual Barbie Doll's outfit is so fugly??? LoL. I saw in an old post that barbie should have been wearing all black, mac necklace, ohh and a makeup belt would have been so freakin cute. But she is wearing some none matching mess. I got one anyway just because I am a makeup artist and thought it would be cute to have a makeup artist barbie but man, she needs a personal shopper lol. (Sorry if I offened anyone who likes her outfit)

Her pants look like jeans from some 1985 Whitesnake video! She has rockin' hair though.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Her pants look like jeans from some 1985 Whitesnake video! She has rockin' hair though.

Buy her a Barbie car and have her roll around on the hood!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Buy her a Barbie car and have her roll around on the hood!

It would have to be a bitchin' black 83 Camaro. The one with the big eagle painted on the hood. Or was that a Firebird. I dunno, but you get the pic!
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
It would have to be a bitchin' black 83 Camaro. The one with the big eagle painted on the hood. Or was that a Firebird. I dunno, but you get the pic!
smiles.gif

thmbup.gif
sweet

mzreyes

hmmm... the barbie e/s didnt turn me on as much as i thought they would.. personally, i dont think pinks look good on me. the springtime skipper looked like "with a twist" from suedette, moth brown was.. eehhh mothy. lol. the only thing i got that i really wanted was the barbie. fab blush and the 2 beauty powders are really pretty though. and i am thinkin about getting a couple l/s. but yea.. i think i hyped myself up for almost nothing. although i liked the fact that the barbie pic was embossed in the e/s and blush, doesnt that mean that they took some product out? so there's less than there usually is? lol

JessieC

im really bummed....

when i opened my glorious MAC box from my online order, NO POSTCARD...is that how they do it now? Every time I've ordered online, ive gotten a postcard, if not for the current products, but for something in the future....

Should i be bummed, or is that how its done now?

loveinexcess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieC
im really bummed....

when i opened my glorious MAC box from my online order, NO POSTCARD...is that how they do it now? Every time I've ordered online, ive gotten a postcard, if not for the current products, but for something in the future....

I haven't gotten a postcard in my last two orders.

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieC
im really bummed....

A lot of us received emails about the postcard. It's on back order.

VeronikaJ

Quote:

The collection is called "Barbie Loves Mac" not "MAC makeup Artist Loves MAC". She wasn't designed to be a MAC artist (as someone else also mentioned). She is a MAC customer who loves MAC. As for her clothing, everyone has different taste and as the saying goes "To each their own"...

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaJ
The collection is called "Barbie Loves Mac" not "MAC makeup Artist Loves MAC". She wasn't designed to be a MAC artist (as someone else also mentioned). She is a MAC customer who loves MAC. As for her clothing, everyone has different taste and as the saying goes "To each their own"...

if they dont like the outfits, walmart sells barbie clothes
smiles.gif

M.A.C.tastic

all i was saying was that whether or not she is a makeup artist, customer, barbie customer or chewbaca....the outfit is fug. It doesn't even match. though I will say I love the shoes, hair and case. It is not a big enough deal to go "buy" new clothes...it was merely an observation and my OPINION. Oh and for the record, I completely agree with the whitesnake comment. lol. All in all, I am excited about the barbie, I cannot wait to get them. I just think they could have made a better clothing choice. Thought it would be a fun topic.

hellokitty

I am bummed about the shirt. I thought there would be a black shirt also ( the man's version ) to purchase, but so far, I see nothing.
Springtime skipper I was not impressed with.
I am in love with the pearl sunshine though.

Jacq-i

Quote:
all i was saying was that whether or not she is a makeup artist, customer, barbie customer or chewbaca....the outfit is fug. It doesn't even match. though I will say I love the shoes, hair and case. It is not a big enough deal to go "buy" new clothes...it was merely an observation and my OPINION. Oh and for the record, I completely agree with the whitesnake comment. lol. All in all, I am excited about the barbie, I cannot wait to get them. I just think they could have made a better clothing choice. Thought it would be a fun topic.

I'm keeping my Barbie in the box, so a clothing change isn't really an option... But, I really wish her outfit was cute. I mean 95% of her clothes are adorable, why does she wear ugly clothes with such pretty makeup?

cno64

I'm going to have to dissent, and add a rave here.
It's probably just my taste and coloring(NW15; brunette; green eyes), but I loved the neutral shimmery shadows, and the strong pinks for lips.
I'm typically not a "buy-one-of-every-item-in-a-collection" person, but this collection inspired me to buy more than I usually do, and I have a scary feeling that I'm not finished yet. :confused:

thegirlgotsoul

Beautyburst was HIDEOUS in person! I was so let down by all the colors. Mothbrown was the only savior and I did get a Springtime Skipper - because I love the VP's.

Shimmer

See, and I totally didn't think it was hideous. If I had to rant about BLM, it'd be the way the release was handled.