BARBIE!! Rant about it here ^_^

Cosmopolitics

Mehhhhh. I didn't buy anything in this collection. In my opinion, it was boring, and not what I would expect when I think of "Barbie." When I think of Barbie, I think glitter, bright pink, bright neon-like colors, funky outfits, and fun. There wasn't anything funky or fun in the collection, and honestly, I thought the shirts looked cheap and ugly, too.

This collection coud have had a LOT of potential, yet none of it lived up to that potential. Blegh.

medusalox

My only complaint is about the Barbie logo imprinted into the shadows. I'm sure some of you love it, but for me, I'm like "It's just that much LESS shadow that I get for my $14". Lol, I'm too picky.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
all i was saying was that whether or not she is a makeup artist, customer, barbie customer or chewbaca....the outfit is fug. It doesn't even match. though I will say I love the shoes, hair and case. It is not a big enough deal to go "buy" new clothes...it was merely an observation and my OPINION. Oh and for the record, I completely agree with the whitesnake comment. lol. All in all, I am excited about the barbie, I cannot wait to get them. I just think they could have made a better clothing choice. Thought it would be a fun topic.

i was jokeing, i understood what you meant and i agree
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Personally, I loved the collection. I bought all of it, except the 2 light lipsticks (no, I won't go into another rant about the abundance of light to mid-tone pink lustres
smiles.gif
), the tote and the mini bag. I love all the colours. The shadows are great. Springtime Skipper is a new fave. The BPs are gorgeous. Rockin' Chic is so hot!

I guess my rants are that I don't really care for Barbie's outfit, but meh, it's not like I am going to wear her around all day. Although maybe I should, considering how hard she was to get.
lol.gif

I was so disappointed in the way it was released (the timing, the ridiculously limited number of shirts and dolls, etc). Also along those lines, I am disappointed in the way MAC set up their MAs to get a bunch of crap from customers due to the way it was launched. There were a lot of MAs out there who probably got the brunt of pissy customers, I'm sure. That's not fair to them.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Also along those lines, I am disappointed in the way MAC set up their MAs to get a bunch of crap from customers due to the way it was launched. There were a lot of MAs out there who probably got the brunt of pissy customers, I'm sure. That's not fair to them.

Oh God I could only imagine!!! My first day is going to be next Saturday for the Barbie Loves MAC event and I've been talking to the managers and they've been telling me that all they can describe it as is "CRAZY". Our counter is almost sold out of everything and they're really worried they wont have anything left for the event next week.

The counter is still very new (opened on Black Friday 2006) so they're still only estimating how much stuff they should get and how many hours the counter gets. They've been VERY busy since the day they opened and for this collection they have a lack of staff and a lack of product! Hopefully next week we'll have understanding customers and don't take it out on us?!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Oh God I could only imagine!!! My first day is going to be next Saturday for the Barbie Loves MAC event and I've been talking to the managers and they've been telling me that all they can describe it as is "CRAZY". Our counter is almost sold out of everything and they're really worried they wont have anything left for the event next week....

Girl, wear a helmet!
lol.gif
j/k! I don't understand why MAC will launch on say the 1st, yet some counters don't have an event until like 1-2 weeks later? Especially considering how Barbie is flying of the shelves and in your case, that it is a new counter and busy because of it.

I guess it is probably due to the fact that there isn't enough freelancers for all the local counters to have the event on the same day (early on) and they have to keep the hype going, but come on! It's hard to have an event when you are out of the products. You guys could call it your "Almost Barbie Event". I can guarantee you will at least have LOTS of Loud Lash mascara and Visionaire Liquid Last liner. Hmmmm, that didn't help, did it?
lol.gif

I can't believe that is your first day! Mine was a few weeks before Christmas (years ago, not this last Christmas), so I feel your pain.
lol.gif
It will be busy, I'll tell you that, but it will also be exhilirating and fun. Enjoy it. Feel free to PM me if you want some hints on how to get through that first day. Good luck, hon.
smiles.gif

Artemis

I had to buy products from online. The MAC website sold out of beauty powders within a day. It didn't have time to get one but thank god for nordstrom! I hope Pearl Sunshine is nice.

jillianjiggs

rants eh...

i was looking forward to the collection because i thought it would be cute. it is. i went to the unveiling and it was insane. so many people. i had no idea it was going to be such a big deal. i hate being around such rushy crowds and usually avoid things like that (for instance, hilary duff came to one of our malls once and i really wanted to go shopping that day-- one of my rare days off-- but i didn't want to deal with all the people)

if i had known it would be such a big deal i probably would not have gone. i just wanted to have fun and look at the collection but there was a huge line and i just felt rushed. it felt like a WHOLE LOT OF HYPE with nothing to show for it. i was looking at the display like "this is it?" and looking at the crowd and being like "all this for makeup?"

definitely an eye-opener for me.

also, i'm ticked to keep reading everyone complaining about not getting a doll and wanting to boycott mac about it. if the CS people on the phone were "rude" to you. people are HUMAN. if they are getting rude after rude customer phone calls whining about the website being sold out of a doll, you would be in a bad mood too. imagine if the person before you had called and said really mean things to the CS person, and then you called to bitch about the doll too. that person would put up a front and not take crap anymore, and so they shouldn't.

ugh. really, it's just a doll. there will always be something you miss out on as a collector (of anything-- makeup, dolls, coins, WHATEVER). just move on and catch the next craze. most of the people who wanted one would love to have it for a few weeks but it would end up on the shelf in your closet because you're too old to play with them and you can't take it out of the box because then you'd never be able to sell it on ebay.

i only started getting into mac in the summer and the LE thing has worn off very quickly for me. i like mac and i like makeup, but i'm not obsessed with it and i can live without that one item that i missed out on.
okay i am done ranting.

ollieo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieC
im really bummed....

when i opened my glorious MAC box from my online order, NO POSTCARD...is that how they do it now? Every time I've ordered online, ive gotten a postcard, if not for the current products, but for something in the future....

Should i be bummed, or is that how its done now?

I pretty much only order online and out of my last 10 orders only 3 came with postcards.

Cocktail_party

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Girl, wear a helmet!
lol.gif
j/k! I don't understand why MAC will launch on say the 1st, yet some counters don't have an event until like 1-2 weeks later? Especially considering how Barbie is flying of the shelves

Dude, my local counter isn't having their event until March 9/10
lol.gif
When the MA told me about it I was thinking, 'huh? MARCH??'

aziza

I can't complain. I loved what I purchased. BeautyBurst is the perfect neutral for my NW45 skintone. I love Brown and Springtime Skipper too! Fashion Leader is perfect on my skin too!

I bought the pink Glimmer Shimmer and e/s on impulse...not sure if they're going to work out but I could always sell them. Fab blush is pretty too but the frost finish is kinda throwing me off. I'll work with it though
lol.gif

I also scored Rockin' Chick and Malibu Barbie lipglass (my first) and I love both of them. IMO it was a great collection. I bought what I liked and left what I didn't. Simple as that. Everything can't work for everybody.

Aerynna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
No collection is going to suit 100% of us. We all have such different coloring and such different likes. I bought nothing from Raquel because it was all too warm for me but I like the cool tones of Barbie. Plus I love having a Moth Brown with that cute little Barbie on it.

Exactly. I thought I was going to die with delight over the Barbie collection. I'm sure Beauty Burst is lovely on some people, but it horrifies me and would make me look.....well, really bad. Also, Springtime Skipper, Magic Dust, and Modern Ms. were all too warm for me.

But the rest! Oh my word! I still dream of my perfect gorgeous Barbie collection! Other than those four products listed above, I bought everything. EVERYTHING. And the colors are so gorgeous. Rocking Chick is truly unique and just lightens up my face, as does Sweet & Single, and Malibu Barbie, and Fab.....well, I could go on and list every single product.

This collection just plain DID IT for me. And frankly, I have to say the same about Danse. Danse was amazing, IMO. Those cool-toned, light-colored shadows look insane on me.

In my opinion, MAC collections pretty much sucked all last year. Yeah, almost all of them. I would get excited about a new collection and then see it and yawn. That was until Danse, which really woke me up. Following Danse with Barbie got me into an absolute fervor, and I am a MAC fan once again.

So yeah, this whole post really just goes to show that people are different, skin tones are different, and what looks terrible or boring on one person might be amazing on another.

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
My only complaint is about the Barbie logo imprinted into the shadows. I'm sure some of you love it, but for me, I'm like "It's just that much LESS shadow that I get for my $14". Lol, I'm too picky.

I guess it's truly just a collectors item for Barbie fans-which i'm not and i am upset that this whole thing was so rediciously hyped up that now even true MAC fans can't get stuff because we have to compete with Barbie fans...soooo sad. Luckly, none the make-up items were sold out at my counter
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Love everything!!! I just gotta get Fashion Pack, I thought I got it and I didn't.

Upset that I didn't get a doll but not pressed about it. LMAO

ARmakeupjunkie

smiles.gif
Overall I think the collection is really pretty. I have to say when it's all said and done, I will walk away with more from this collection than any collection MAC has made. I am very happy with Moth Brown, Magic Dust, Fab, Malibu Barbie, and Pearl Sunshine. I wish I would have stopped with those items. I am okay with Happening Girl and Sweetness but Happening Girl did not turn out to be the 'great' color I was lead to believe it would be. I did not like Springtime Skipper and as much as I wanted Playful to work, it does nothing for my skintone. Neither does Fashion Pack and Toast of the Town. What this collection has helped me decide is to stick with my one or two lipglosses from the collections and everything else, not so much. Every once in awhile, there's a great new shade like Moth Brown or, at least to those that don't have it but, for the most, I have something that will look like half the new collection. I need to stick with what I already have and what I know. I'll save the money for a new pair of shoes, a great handbag, or take a vacation.
clap.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I was disappointed in this collection also. A lot of the colors looked like things that were already in the permanent collection. I did get Mothbrown, Beautyburst and Springtime Skipper as well as Fab blush. The only thing I totally LOVE it Beautyburst, it's the perfect crease/blending color for my skintone and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
I need to stick with what I already have and what I know. I'll save the money for a new pair of shoes, a great handbag, or take a vacation.
clap.gif

I heard that!Some little part of me keeps hoping for that "magic" color that I just won't be able to get enough of, and those are few and far between. MAC comes up with them just often enough to keep me going. Some examples: "Coco" pigment, "Subtle" pigment, "Sunnydaze" pigment, "Ruby Red" pigment, "Lovemate" lipstick, "Wild 'Bout You" lipstick.
I have multiples of all of the above, but they still give me a thrill everytime I use them.
MAC knows just how to string me along.
winks.gif