Beauty of Color Tutorial Requests

ginagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudburst
How about a tut on mauves?

Good one! With all the nude and pink colors coming out for spring, it would be nice to get an idea of how POC are using them. Pinks seem so easy for paler complexions, not so much once you start getting into the brown end of the spectrum.

kattybadatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
Hi Everyone!! This is it. Here we ask for the tutorials we want to see, and we fulfill those requests. We test them here in a smaller sect of the community to stave off the nervousness of posting in the larger forum.

I will start by requesting a blue look. That's the hardest for me, so seeing new interpretations would be great.

I am willing to post a tutorial, but I have no idea for what, so suggestions would be appreciated.

I posted a blue/summer look recently! Check it out; Let me know what you think!
choochoo.gif

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginagate
Good one! With all the nude and pink colors coming out for spring, it would be nice to get an idea of how POC are using them. Pinks seem so easy for paler complexions, not so much once you start getting into the brown end of the spectrum.

I just posted a photo in the FOTD forum so if you like that look I could definitely post a tutorial on it. Let me know if you want one (it's mainly pinks & nudes).

priss

Quote:

pinks are actually easy for Woc's. and the darker skin allows us to extend the spectrum from yogurt e/s all the way to passionate e/s. flammable paint under passionate is a look that will surely get your lids noticed. bump that look up with bright fuchsia pro pigment layered over madly magenta pro cream color base, ok my mouth is watering.

pink is my absolute favorite color. i am blogging on my pink laptop this very minute. i wore a black arm band when rizzo lipstick was dc'd. nothing else is like it. lining the intense pinks with vino is foolproof and glossing over the mouth with clear lipglass- fantastic!

dollymix, coygirl, and pink swoon are some of my favorite blushes and im about 1 shade away from being too dark for mac foundations. hell, during these texas summers i am too dark for mac foundations.

yippeee pink- i love you

priss

Quote:

pinks are actually easy for Woc's. and the darker skin allows us to extend the spectrum from yogurt e/s all the way to passionate e/s. flammable paint under passionate is a look that will surely get your lids noticed. bump that look up with bright fuchsia pro pigment layered over madly magenta pro cream color base, ok my mouth is watering.

pink is my absolute favorite color. i am blogging on my pink laptop this very minute. i wore a black arm band when rizzo lipstick was dc'd. nothing else is like it. lining the intense pinks with vino is foolproof and glossing over the mouth with clear lipglass- fantastic!

dollymix, coygirl, and pink swoon are some of my favorite blushes and im about 1 shade away from being too dark for mac foundations. hell, during these texas summers i am too dark for mac foundations.

yippeee pink- i love you

blazeno.8

Gingate, if you're still interested, I posted a tutorial which shows most of the techniques used in that tutorial, plus how I did the bottom liner step by step.

mimibrowneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Being East Asian, I technically count as a POC, but I don't have any requests except maybe someone who could suggest a nice nude lip color? I find a lot of nude lip colors are too pink or too beige.

i totally agree- b/c i find alot of south asians hav quite pigmented lips- or a natural liner- either a plum or mauve color sometimes. im still looking for a perfect nude colour for my lips that arent pink or beige- any suggestions??? i shud post a pic of my natural lips lol
winks.gif

britty_bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaGLAM!
Hmmm I dont know how to put this.....
I would like to see a tutorial that would make you seem to glow in a way. I have a very deep skin tone and it seems my skin looks a little on the dull side after I put on my foundation but I put on like a gold/bronze color as eyeshadow and that brings some life to my face. How do I put some more "life" into my face so it doesnt look completely flat & dull?
& Yea I'm a beginner with the makeup =P

an MUA put the Mineralized Skinfinish in Warmed on me and i had people all day asking me if i was from the islands so maybe that will help you. i wear nc 50 and my skin is naturally kind of colorless (in my opinion). the MUA put that color on me and another girl that was there that was a couple of shades darker than me and it still looked fab!

elektra513

I would like to see a green look using Humid, but in an unpredictable combination of shadows used with it.

Thanks!
greengrin.gif

kye00

i would luv luv luv if someone with NW45.. post TUTORIALS using the HEATHERETTE line.. maybe some different looks

i really reallly want to buy some products from the heatherette line...

PLEASE HELP!
SOS.gif

thanx​

MsButterfli

Quote:
Originally Posted by kye00
i would luv luv luv if someone with NW45.. post TUTORIALS using the HEATHERETTE line.. maybe some different looks

i really reallly want to buy some products from the heatherette line...

PLEASE HELP!
SOS.gif

thanx​

i have a few on my youtube channel as well
smiles.gif
hth

neezer

hey...well i see that everyone has tutorial requests and im kinda new to this site but i do makeup tuts on youtube so if anyone wants to go look i think i have covered some that you guys have mentioned...it's:
YouTube - sweetestpotato's Channel

if you wanna ask me anything just let me know..im gonna try and do some of the ones yall requested to if not already done
smiles.gif

Lapis

does anyone have any pics of mineralized finishes on dark skin? I wear nw 45 if that helps

blazeno.8

I was wondering if anyone can post a tutorial of how they do their foundation and stuff to a flawless finish. I know that little chocolate mama has one up, but I was wondering if other people could put up their take on flawless skin.

In other news, if you didn't see it, I put one up on a rainbow look about a week or two ago.