Benefit cosmetics

powderpaint

I love Hoola, its the perfect bronzer for me (NC35). It's a matte bronzer so it looks really natural on the face (no shimmer unlike other bronzers), I also use it for contouring and applying men's makeup.

mjacqueline

The only items I have is Benetint and Dandelion. I like Benetint. It gives a nice flush. I'm a NC 30 btw. I put Dandelion on top on Benetint. Dandelion is so so on me. It doesn't really show up much and boy was it expensive!

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
Can anyone tell the difference between High Beam and Moon Beam? I'm contemplating on getting one, but I don't know which one to choose (asian, NC30).

high beam has a silverish glow while moon beam has a pink glow. high beam is more suited for fairer complexion and also for daytime use. high beam more for darker complexion and night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoemygosh
ive never used anything from benefit but was looking into trying those eyecon/ the eye gel thingies.
maybe they really can wake up my tired eyes. lol.

eck. eyecon. pointless.

SparklingWaves

I want to beat up Mr. Frosty. He wears off so fast it isn't funny.

I have Bluffdust, dandelion, She Laq, you're bluffing, and the blue mascara BadGal. These are all alright.

I had the stick foundation and it broke me out. I usual can wear any stick foundation. I don't have problem skin.

janwa09

I love Benefit and I have a lot of their products! Their packaging is so gorgeous and I admit it's one of the reasons why I end up buying their products. Here is a list of what I have:

High Beam-- great highlighter for the face and I love to mix a little in my moisturizer to make my face glow.

Badgal mascara -- I hate this...it runs especially in humid days. Although it made my lashes really black.

Badgal eyeliner -- I hate this also...it smudges big time unless that's the look you're going for.

She-laq -- I bought this to try with the badgal stuff I bought and it does an ok job but not spectular at preventing smudges, etc. I use this also to turn pigments into eyeliner and to set lipstick.

Georgia blush -- I love this, it's very sheer and light (perfect for daytime) and the smell is lovely. But this isn't the blush to use for night time.

10 -- I like the bronzer/blush but the highlight doesn't show too well on me (NC30-35)

Dallas palette -- Love dallas! Just the right hint of color for me without making my face too overwhelmed with color. I use it as both blush and bronzer.

Boing concealer -- the color is perfect for my skintone but it runs a bit even when set with powder.

Lemonaid -- I don't know what's wrong with it but it became too dry for me to even rub on my fingers. It disn't have any staying power at all on my oily lids.

Dr. Feelgood -- I liked this initially, really made my skin matte and smooth but after a few weeks of not using it, it dried up big time...i think the sponge absorbed all the moisture of the product. Couldn't salvage it anymore.

Mr. Frosty -- good highlighter for the face and cupid's bow but definitely not for the waterline....it didn't adhere at all.

Eye Bright -- I adore this product so much...makes me look wide awake even with a hangover lol. My mom who's in her 50s loves this for undereye concealer as well.

It Stick -- Yes it conceals but this is basically useless if you have the normal concealer already.

Brow Zings -- I like the color on me but I wish the wax wasn't tinted but clear instead. I like the mini tweezers and brushes they provided.

Benetin lip balm -- my favorite lip balm...looks absolutely natural on me and it stays for a long time. I used this with a mini travel lipbrush coz I don't like using my fingers for lipbalms like this.

Gilded -- Just like Mr. Frosty but in gold...didn't have much use for this except as highlighter for my cupid's bow.

show offs -- I only have 1 color (Meringue) and I love how fine it is and how it adds sparkle over e/s without compromising the color. But if you look at the price, you'll just have to add a little more to get a full size MAC pigment. I use the she-laq with this too to create a sparkly e/l.

Hollywood Body Glo -- i love the smell it's very vintage, and the consistency is very smooth on the skin. I like putting it on my shoulder and collarbones to make them glow. I don't like the powder puff- type brush they provided though it feels kinda awkward upon application.

Big Brown eyes palette -- I like the concept and the boing concealer they included but I found the shadows a bit chalky.

Some kinda gorgeous -- very light and sheer...a great foundation if you like minimal cover up. Easy to spread on the face with a foundation brush.

Ooh la lift -- didn't notice any change to my eye area.

Depuffing eye gel -- did an ok job I think although I don't really have puffy eyes

High Brow -- doesn't spread well...I guess I've gotten used to e/s as brow highlighter.

I have a few stuff also from their bath and body line but i won't expound on them anymore.

Overall, Benefit has a mixture of excellent and mediocre products. For the price there are certainly better and cheaper options (like MAC) but it's really the packaging that makes it stand out from other make-up brands. I still love Benefit eventhough I got disappointed with some of their stuff.in fact I'm thinking of getting more from them like F.Y. Eye and That Gal primer.

redambition

right.. my benefit addictions are as follows:

BadGal lash - as a certain make up artist once told me - instant falsies (and not because all your lashes are clumped together). i love this mascara, and i find the brush easy to use.

honey... snap out of it! scrub - my HG scrub. it's really gentle and leaves skin soft.

ooh la lift - doesn't do the miracles they promise, but i put it on before powder foundation and i can get away without concealer under my eyes.

moon beam - one of my favourite highlighters, and useful for making DIY touche eclat.

allthatgl1tt3rs

icon_bump.gif
This is a bit of a bumpage here!

I found my friend had some Benefit High Beam on her the other day. I've seen this before and been curious to try it - I hit the website for the UK and lo and behold I CANNOT SEE IT ANYWHERE!

This appears to be one of the very few Benefit products worth buying judging by the reviews I've heard and you mean to say they've removed it from their product selection?!?!

Not only that but I was hearing all sorts of good things about Lemon Aid and that too has disappeared from sight! Is this just on the website or across all Benefit counters as well?!

thmbdn.gif

lumiere

I've only tried two Benefit products, and wasn't really happy with either: the galactic shield concealer (TINY, for ~$22 and ended up caking) and lyin' eyes, which I really liked the packaging for, but it ended up settling into fine lines.
ssad.gif

Asphyxia

She Laq is hard to work with IMO and overpriced. I use to buy it all the time for my eyebrows, then I started using hairspray or brow gel. I would always drop my bottle and watch about $30 spill to the floor.

My favorite product from them is Busy Signal. It's like a paint pot.

Elusive21

Benefit is the first makeup brand that I fell in love with. I was a makeup noobie and was under the impression that if certain makeup was expensive that it was good quality, which is to say that although I absolutely love some of the products from Benefit, there were also some that were horrible.

Things I liked:

BAD gal Mascara - made my lashes look extra long (my friends liked this product as well)

Bronzer/Highligter 10 - LOVE this bronzer because it highlights at the same time and doesn't make my face look orange

Kitten Shimmer - this was my very first Benefit product - it gave me a nice pretty shimmer. Great for going out clubbing.

Lip Plump - doesn't plump up your lips as the name suggests; it is actually a lip BASE which works great

Maybe Baybe Perfume - has a very fresh summery smell to it

Things I didn't like:

Some Kind a Gorgeous - left my skin looking greasy, felt weird on my skin, NO coverage whatsoever

Realness of Concealness Kit - Crappy stuff. Concealer sucked. Never used lemon aid. The only thing that I liked about this kit was the lip plump

Bent lash mascara - absolute crap, didn't make lashes look fuller at all

Smoky Eye Kit - the colors were dull and the applicator brushes sucked.

argyle_socks

I really like their creme shadows. They don't crease on me (under UDPP), even after a long day at work and school. It's amazing because my face and eyelids get SO oily.

I want to try Thrrrob. I don't know if it's got any shimmer, but I like the color. But $28 dollars just because I like pink is a little much.

I had samples of That Gal and Dear John, but they just did not work. My face was so oily after using them (at different times).

Sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatgl1tt3rs
icon_bump.gif
This is a bit of a bumpage here!

I found my friend had some Benefit High Beam on her the other day. I've seen this before and been curious to try it - I hit the website for the UK and lo and behold I CANNOT SEE IT ANYWHERE!

This appears to be one of the very few Benefit products worth buying judging by the reviews I've heard and you mean to say they've removed it from their product selection?!?!

Not only that but I was hearing all sorts of good things about Lemon Aid and that too has disappeared from sight! Is this just on the website or across all Benefit counters as well?!

thmbdn.gif

The High Beam is on the UK website - £15.50. Thank god as I can't live without it and had a small panic attack when I read this!!

Hey!! I love benefit products my faves at the mo r Hula bronzer, that gal face primer, coralista,do it daily face moisturiser, a-list lipgloss and u rebel tinted moisturiser! Dr feel good is lusssshhh!!!!!! Im a Benebabe in the making waiting to start my new job on the brow bar in debenhams cardiff and i couldnt think of a better unique brand to work 4!! its amazing!!! xxx
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
How pale would you say you would have to be to get some kinda gorgeous to work?

My sister was given one, but its too pale on her, so shes sending it to me. Im much paler than her, shes an NC30 in the select spf, and Im an NC20 - NC15 depending on if I have had any sun.

Hopefully its ok on me because Im skint and need something to even my skin out.

some kinda gorgeous is amazing remember ur not using foundation 4 colour ur using it 2 even out ur skin tone and this does exactly that its so light on the skin it doesnt even look like ur wearing anything! if u want 2 add color i recommend hula bronzer dusted all over ur face then maybe a blush on ur cheeks perfecto!!!! xx
thmbup.gif

shaista1985

i have been using benefit for over 8 years and can probably call myself an expert!!

i have tried everything, except lipglosses/shadows.

WORST PRODUCTS: that gal, lim plump (doesnt do the job its supposed to), some of the mascaras (quite clumpy), powderflage

decent products: playsticks, miss popularity (but mac pgiments better quality), eye pencil, erase paste, som kinda gorgeous, get even, highbeam

MUST HAVES: dallas, perfect 10, hoola, CORALISTA (LOOOVE THIS ONE!!), boing, benetint, moonbeam, big beautiful eyes pallette