BEST Foundation for Bridal/Photography?

jeanna

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted here!! Anyway, I've been doing alot more weddings lately and my goal is to specialize in bridal makeup. I'm still experimenting with different foundations and I haven't been able to find one that I LOVE for bridal work.

So far, I've tried MAC's Select SPF 15 (ok in person, but not GREAT in photographs because of the SPF), Studio Tech (ok in person/photographs, but not so great looking on brides with drier skintypes; sometimes tends to cake)... Right now, I use a mixture of MAC Face & Body with Select Cover-Up concealer. So far, it's worked the best, but because F&B is so thin and runny, it takes a few layers to get a fuller coverage.

Any suggestions on new foundations and/or tips on how to make my existing foundations work better would be appreciated
smiles.gif

THANK YOU!

Henna_Spirit

I don't know if it's the 'best', but i use Moistureblend mainly for any of my clients (which is mainly bridal). I love that stuff. I found that it looks good in the pics i take
smiles.gif

Eemaan

bit O/T but moistureblend wears off too easily i think, with a wedding youd need it to last all day?

Henna_Spirit

Hmmm, i've had no problems at all so far. I do powder it afterwards, and it has been good even after about 8-9 hours.
Is there anything you recommend?

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna_Spirit
I don't know if it's the 'best', but i use Moistureblend mainly for any of my clients (which is mainly bridal). I love that stuff. I found that it looks good in the pics i take
smiles.gif

I've seen your bridal posts as well as your tutorials around here and your brides are definitely gorgeous! My only concern is that MoistureBlend made me break out horribly and it's made me afraid to take the risk on clients. Do you use a primer at all?

Henna_Spirit

i use the mac skin prep and prime under the foundation, nothing else really.
UBPP for the eyes, but thats a different topic lol

Shimmer

i used clinique continuous coverage. it's thiiiiick makeup but it hung around ALL DAY long.
smiles.gif

angela

its been a while since ive been on here too!! make-up forever face and body hands down! lasts all day and night photographs beautifully too. A little pricey, but MAC foundations just dont cut it anymore for me. I usually run it through airbrush (thin it out a little w/ fix +) but using a brush works well too! its thin enough to not look caked on but has high coverage.

Kuuipo

When I used to be a model for bridal makeup ads they used Eliz Arden, Estee Lauder and Chanel on me, rarely other brands. They never used moisturizer or primer, they used alot of powder. Shiny skin doesn't translate well under really hot, bright lights. I got repowdered every five minutes.

Krasevayadancer

Not available yet, but around August I think Makeup Forever is coming out with HD foundation to compliment the new HD powder. Great for photography!

foomph

Question: I'm getting married soon and was planning on using studio fix powder as my foundation. Am I correct in that this photographs too light? Ack! I need to do my own makeup and am wondering if I should get a different foundation for my wedding? Thanks!

VMA Beauty

Hands down, the best foundation for bridal is Awake's Renovation. It's a japanese line, and the research that went into making this foundation, is
incredible. I've been a makeup artist for the past twelve years and I've tried
every type of foundation known to woman/mankind. Awake, rules, because it gives awesome coverage without looking cakey and it helps to firm the skin...can be used by anyone (no matter the age). Oh last but not least
AWAKE.jpg
it photographs...Beautiful! It's pricey, $55.00 a bottle...but worth it.

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMA Beauty
Hands down, the best foundation for bridal is Awake's Renovation. It's a japanese line, and the research that went into making this foundation, is
incredible. I've been a makeup artist for the past twelve years and I've tried
every type of foundation known to woman/mankind. Awake, rules, because it gives awesome coverage without looking cakey and it helps to firm the skin...can be used by anyone (no matter the age). Oh last but not least
AWAKE.jpg
it photographs...Beautiful! It's pricey, $55.00 a bottle...but worth it.

That sounds devine! Where can we find this foundation in the US?

VMA Beauty

You can purchase the foundation at Bergdoff Goodman, Henri Bendel and I believe Neimann Marcus. This foundation has a cult following, and not many know of it. I worked with the line when it was first intorduced to the market about 8 years ago...When i first tried it...I was sold!

Growing Wings

I'm also looking for the perfect bridal foundation. Has anyone trued Lancome Photogenic Ultra Comfort Foundation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foomph
Question: I'm getting married soon and was planning on using studio fix powder as my foundation. Am I correct in that this photographs too light? Ack! I need to do my own makeup and am wondering if I should get a different foundation for my wedding? Thanks!

I have the exact same question! I layer that over my liquid foundation because I have problem skin and SF powder is one of the only things that really sets my look. Any other products that are similar the don't photograph so light?

Thanks

foomph

Shooooooooooooooooot! Sounds like I gotta get me some MUFE face and Body...Thank you so much everyone! Can I still ue my select sheer loose and pressed powder with the MUFE face and body, or do I really need to get the MUFE powder? Thanks!!

Latest posts