BEST Foundation for Bridal/Photography?

macedout

as far as MAC, full coverage foundation was tauted by our freestanding store as the best for photoshoots, etc.

foomph

Ok, so I got really nervous about this and went online for a MAC live chat. I posted it in the MAC live chat corner but basically she recommended studio stick and select cover up.

lyttleravyn

Need help for wedding makeup!

Hey guys, I'm going to be in my cousin's wedding the end of this month and I'm trying to figure out what foundation products to use. Normally I don't wear anything more than a little concealer and Revlon Skinlights. But my cousin is a diva and I want to make her I look great for her wedding and photos. One of the big things I'm concerned about is that we'll be taking lots of pictures outside in the middle of the day (the wedding is in Atlanta) and I want to make sure I won't look too shiny (or have makeup sliding down my face yuck!). I'm open to all brands (I have a MAC counter at the mall close by and a Sephora about 35min away). I also feel bad going into to MAC or Sephora and having them help me with a ton of products and then not buying any till I see my other options. So I wanted to get some ideas before I go either place. Thanks so much in advance guys
smiles.gif

Kiseki

Re: Need help for wedding makeup!

Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet + photographs beautifully, give it a try. It's medium to near full coverage foundation, but you can sheer it with a little primer or apply it with a foundation brush or the 187 for a sheerer application.

Sapphie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
MUFE face and body is excellent, topped with MUFE high def powder.

Hi! Thanks for the foundation recommendation! I was all ready to go into MAC foundations but this thread has changed my mind! I am just starting out as a freelancer in the bridal industry and was wondering if you could recommend 3 foundation colours in MUFE F&B that I could start with to mix and match? Thanks
smiles.gif

Also, if you have any concealer & bronzer recommendations that would be awesome! Ta
winks.gif

lyttleravyn

I just picked up MUFE Face & Body Foundation and the HD powder today and I LOOOOOVE them! Even the beau thought my face looked flawless and he said he didn't even think I was wearing anything
smiles.gif

I was disappointed at Sephora though. The SA I asked for help was not very nice and seemed to want to be rid of me quickly. I told her I was interested in MUFE and was unsure between the F&B or the Mat Velvet for a wedding I'm in this month (hot Atlanta sun for pictures). First she goes into a lecture about primer (I already told her that I had MAC Prep + Prime) then starts badmouthing MUFE and steered me away from them. She then tries to sell me Laura Mercier (not that I have anything against this brand, but I was there for MUFE which I had said) without even swatching me. So I told her I was very interested in MUFE and that I just needed help finding my color. She picks up the one I had been looking at, dabs a little on my face and says "yup this one will work," hands me a new one and just walks away. When I was getting rung up I overhear that she's a manager! *sigh* I emailed Sephora outlining what happened and that I was very disappointed and would probably just shop online from now on (I have to make a special trip 45min away to the nearest Sephora). Grr. I swear I'm not demanding, but I didn't want to feel like I was 'bothering her' by asking a simple question.

meanjeanster

*claps hands* I am not the only one who finds certain Sephora sales clerks pushy and bitchy?! I thought I was!!

Isn't it rude and fkn annoying that they treat their customers like problems they want to go away? I have had great experiences in Sephora but lately it seems like they only want to push certain products and rush you through your makeup buying experience. So frustrating! I shop online now too!! so much easier than dealing with the crowds and the "MA " bs.

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
I just picked up MUFE Face & Body Foundation and the HD powder today and I LOOOOOVE them! Even the beau thought my face looked flawless and he said he didn't even think I was wearing anything
smiles.gif

I was disappointed at Sephora though. The SA I asked for help was not very nice and seemed to want to be rid of me quickly. I told her I was interested in MUFE and was unsure between the F&B or the Mat Velvet for a wedding I'm in this month (hot Atlanta sun for pictures). First she goes into a lecture about primer (I already told her that I had MAC Prep + Prime) then starts badmouthing MUFE and steered me away from them. She then tries to sell me Laura Mercier (not that I have anything against this brand, but I was there for MUFE which I had said) without even swatching me. So I told her I was very interested in MUFE and that I just needed help finding my color. She picks up the one I had been looking at, dabs a little on my face and says "yup this one will work," hands me a new one and just walks away. When I was getting rung up I overhear that she's a manager! *sigh* I emailed Sephora outlining what happened and that I was very disappointed and would probably just shop online from now on (I have to make a special trip 45min away to the nearest Sephora). Grr. I swear I'm not demanding, but I didn't want to feel like I was 'bothering her' by asking a simple question.

oh man sorry to hear that! usually thats how my MAC MA's are and then the Sephora MA's are the helpful friendly ones to me.

but dont let the awful MA turn you away from MUFE. alot of times i end up swatching myself or swatching my friends on my own if they are busy, or find a helpful MA that is available

abrody

i find that mac foundations look great in photos and evens out the skintone but looks shocking in real life. when i've seen it on other women, their pores seem so enlarged and you can actually see how thick it is. definitely not a good look to be sporting on your wedding day.
|
i personally have had fantastic results with dior pure light. the shade selection is quite poor but once you find a shade that's right for your OR after you've mixed it (shade 100 is an excellent neutral) it just looks superb.

i would say it's a med coverage but is buildable. looks flawless in photos. i'm generally very very oily but this works wonderfully with a dusting of blot powder on top.

user79

I've heard that the Ben Nye foundations are great for photography, and they are affordable. Ben Nye was created for film, tv, photography and stage so the finish would be suitable for photography. They come in so many shades too.

MACnickels

I do a lot of weddings, I generally use moisture cover, and mineralized pressed powder. If their skin needs more, I use fix fluid. Sometimes I like diorskin. I always use blot loose powder on the tzone. I really like BE face primer. It's similar to smashbox, but thinner. Please don't ever use studio fix powder on your wedding day, it will look crazy in pictures.

anshu7

Re: Need help for wedding makeup!

i agree with the poster above.makeup forever has good foundations.u cud also try armani silk fabric fdtn. and for cheeks u may want to check out Bobbi brown pot rouge.avoid foundations with spf.

ThisLadyIzLuvly

ladies, I just want to thank you all for weighing in on this question. A couple of months ago i thought FOR SURE i was going with MAC foundation for my wedding day (11/01/08)...then i ran across several posts all over the internet that reported ladies breaking out horribly from MAC..sigh.

i just checked MUFE Face and Body on Makeupalley and am really excited about the positive reviews.

u guys are great!

Kayteuk

Anytime I shoot I am always coated in Studio fix Stick foundation! I think thats the one! It stays on really well. And then you can spray it with some charged water for a more dewy look!

user79

I honestly think MAC foundation is not very good...you could also try out RCMA, Cinema Secrets, or Joe Blasco. They are more professional brands and can be purchased online at

Camera Ready Cosmetics