BEST Foundation for Bridal/Photography?

PeppermintMocha

Just bumping this thread again - is there any one around NC 25-30 (warm undertone) that has found a good shade match with MUFE F&B?

27blysse

Sadly, MUFE F&B's fairest Yellow/warm tone is #32- I think this is a bang on match for NC30, but might be a touch dark for 25- I'm a 25 and F&B20 is a better shade match, but the tone (beige) isn't yellow enough for me. I'd suggest trying #32, if it's too dark, get a sample of #38 (the palest they make, but it's a porcelain pink undertone), and try mixing in a tiny bit to lighten you #32. We use these foundations in class, and that's been the best so far :)

Rita Baumann

IMO - The best foundation to photograph is airbrush. My favorite is Temptu. OCC makes a great water base airbrush foundation. Next is the cremes. I like Kett and Graftobian. (Graftobian has these amazing creme palettes that allow you to have just about every color in your kit!) Next is MUFE face and body. It's equal to Graftobian and Kett - but expensive. For an artist/photographer like me the Graftobian palettes are perfect for quality and price.

Some tips -

SPF in foundations is reflective. Avoid foundations with SPF for camera work.

MUFE HD Powder is great for video - bad for still photos. Use MUFE super Matte loose powder or MAC Skinfinish Natural to set instead - so you don't give your bride white powder face.

elenimag

Guerlain parere extreme is a great foundation , but its pretty expensive!
MUFE HD is my HG! I love it! medium to full coverage without being heavy, wears well, gives a natural matte finish and it photographs very well. Also it has a great selection of colors!
Not like some brands that their foundations are too yellow or too pink! It has a color for every undertone.

Tiana Le-She

I like to use MAC's studio sculpt for my brides, its a very nice medium to full coverage foundation,long wearing and water resistant and it is a natural finish. This way if she cries she wont mess up her make up. I also like it because you can sheer it with a moisturizer. This photographs very very well. Also MAC's Studio fix is good for brides too, just remember you do not need to apply a lot because it is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish, so too much will make her look cakey!

just my 2 cents :)

sonia23577

I am fairly new to the line of Wedding makeup. I have started, wish me luck. :) I don't have much of a budget. I need to know what are must haves to start. Especially where foundation is concerned. I keep hearing MUFE and that sounds great except that they are almost $50 a bottle. How many will I get to cater to ppl? I am nervous and confused. Any advice would be much appreciated.

PeppermintMocha

MUFE Face and Body is definitely a great camera friendly foundation. It doesn't have any SPF and it looks/sits naturally on the skin.

I would also recommend NARS Sheer Glow - this foundation also does not have SPF and I find it does give a pretty natural looking finish.

Dominique33

I am fairly new to the line of Wedding makeup. I have started, wish me luck. :) I don't have much of a budget. I need to know what are must haves to start. Especially where foundation is concerned. I keep hearing MUFE and that sounds great except that they are almost $50 a bottle. How many will I get to cater to ppl? I am nervous and confused. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Have you taken a look at makeup artist Lisa Eldrige's video ?

Here it is :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUa37lniu-Y

ENJMUA

I am fairly new to the line of Wedding makeup. I have started, wish me luck. :)  I don't have much of a budget. I need to know what are must haves to start. Especially where foundation is concerned. I keep hearing MUFE and that sounds great except that they are almost $50 a bottle. How many will I get to cater to ppl? I am nervous and confused. Any advice would be much appreciated. 
If you're on a budget! Start with the Graftobian Palette. You can mix them with a moisturizer to sheer them down/ or stretch them. Once you've made more money from your gigs, then...switch to another brand. But who knows you may not want to. Graftobian Cream palettes are great, no SPF and HD!. Find them at CameraReadyCosmetics.com

Nikic84

Bumping this...

just wanted to know if anyone used the bobbi brown BBU palette for their bridal/photographic work?

facetoface

i agree with the poster above.makeup forever has good foundations.u cud also try armani silk fabric fdtn. and for cheeks u may want to check out Bobbi brown pot rouge.avoid foundations with spf.
actually most companies are now moving to a chemical sunblock vs a physical sunblock. If the Foundation says Spf it doesn't necessarily have a physical block in it. it's better to check the ingredients for a product for ingredients that end in oxide instead. You could be missing out on a lot of great foundations.

pinkcrush

MUFE HD foundation photographs beautiful and doesn't look cakey or overly made up... Just my opinion tho!