Biotherm

MACattack

Julie- I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub as well... but it's extremely harsh... I really suggest using it only 2-3 times a week. This may be the cause for those dry patches around your nose. To correct this problem before you buy into the Biotherm line, just try applying a heavy cream to those spots at night. HTH.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Biotherm Suggestions

I'm currently looking into this line for skincare, and I was wondering if any of you had some suggestions on what to get.. ( I have dry skin ) or if you know of another line that is good to use.

Thanks alot
smiles.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Chelsea,

I have a few questions about this as well, I have dry skin so I guess I will go with the (pink) I do get a few belimishes but not enough to call my skin combo, I think? I also would like a good skin brightner which I know Biotherm has a few which one do you reccomend? Like Julie said, Cleaner, toner, moisturizer ( which leads me to my other question, I use the Becca foundation in which I use the luminous skin colour which also acts like a moisturzer would that affect the Biotherm line? I guess I could use 2 moisturizers? Never the less I want a good cleaning skin line... TIA

Sushi_Flower

I know they do different things but which is a better product to have?
Source Therapie or the Hydra Detox Mask? Which makes the most and better difference to skin in the long run?

Jude

I am a Biotherm skincare whore and thank the Oleo Source line for giving me great skin. I couldnt recommend Biotherm enough! =)

Sushi_Flower

Ok Dopesickgirl you have to tell me what you use and what type of skin you have as you and Prettykitty have perfect skin and both reccomend Biotherm! Which products do you reccomend the most? I have combination skin which tends to be dryer but i wear an oil free moisturiser from Lush under makeup as along with Fix + it makes a great base for Studio Tech foundation, so i think i don't want to change that part of my skin care regime but i'm open to other types of reccomendations;

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Ok Dopesickgirl you have to tell me what you use and what type of skin you have as you and Prettykitty have perfect skin and both reccomend Biotherm! Which products do you reccomend the most? I have combination skin which tends to be dryer but i wear an oil free moisturiser from Lush under makeup as along with Fix + it makes a great base for Studio Tech foundation, so i think i don't want to change that part of my skin care regime but i'm open to other types of reccomendations;

Sure thing hun! I have combination skin. Oily T Zone area with tendency to go dry and flaky if I am not careful. I used to attack my skin with all kinds of harsh oil fighting products but have found that by mixing up the oil fighters and moisture rich products, I learned where the balance is to keep my skin looking fresh and dewey with fewer breakouts. I hope this helps!

a.m.: I use Biosensitive Softening Foaming Cleansing Water to wash my face first thing. I don't want to use anything that is too harsh because I am going to be applying makeup and I want my face to be a soft, smooth and slightly dewey canvas.

I pat my face dry (no pulling and wiping!) and this is where, depending on the season, the step changes. In the summer, I let my face dry completely and I spray Fix + (about 5-6 pumps) all over my face. During the hot days, I find that Fix + is perfect light moisturizer to keep me going. However, in the winter, I need something that packs a little punch and for this, I use Biotherm Oleo Source Moisturizer. It smells amazing and a little goes a long way. This stuff is like the little engine that could of moisturizers! It leaves my face so smooth and hydrated.

afternoon: I keep a bottle of Fix + in my desk drawer so if I need a little refresher or if I reapply powder, I spritz it on and it keeps my face from looking dull and it prevents overdrying.

Evening: To remove my makeup, I have found after spending tons of money on what seems to be everything, my skin reacts really well to Olive Oil and Baby Wipes... haha. I remove all makeup (especially eye makeup) with the Olive Oil; working it into my skin in small circular motions. To remove the oil, I use Huggies baby Wipes with Shea Butter. I don't go to crazy with the wipes because I follow this up with a stronger, exfoliating cleanser. For this, I use Biotherm's Pure Bright. This is almost clay like in appearance. It works so well while needing very little product and it removes all traces of makeup, olive oil and anything else. The stronger cleanser and the oil cancel eachother out and you get the benefits of a completely clean face without it being overstripped or over-oiled.

I follow this up with a Toner. I use Biotherm Clarifying Toner.

So, I have crazy combo skin and if not careful, can be prone to break out in cystic pimples along my chin and sometimes forhead. However, the rest of my face can get so dry and scaly. To combat this problem, I apply clearasil to my chin, forehead and nose area only. There are so many high end pimple creams out there but nothing has worked better for me than the old high school standby; so I stick with it. For the rest of my face, I use Oleo Source radiamce Elixer. This is a oil based treatment that you would dot on your face and gently work it into the skin. This stuff is just decadent, it smells amazing, it leaves your skin so soft and pretty in the morning and it sinks in quickly. I hate when stuff just sits on your face.

This is Misc: For my nighttime under eye treatment, I use pure shea butter patted gently and liberally. I have dark circles and use a lot of concealer so even though I pat gently, that gentle skin needs some extra emollience. In the morning, I use L'Oreal Collagen Filler. From years of squinting through poor eyesight, I have a few creases under my eye. This seals up that crease and makes my undereye look smooth and fresh. it is also slightly mattifying so it assists in keeping the concealer from creasing too badly.

(((hugs)))

Sorry to ramble...lol

Sushi_Flower

Thankyou so much, that was so so informative and helpfull and we seem to have very similar skin!! And also we have similar colouring and i also have very dark eye circles and also creases prematurely under my eyes!! Ok i'm sorry but i can imajine always asking you advice from now!

I'm going to re-read the stuff you mentioned and see if i could make anything work for me..

I'm very interested about this L'oreal Collagen filler..i've never heard about it, what is it meant to be? I have very sunken undereyes and extremely dark circles and i always feel like i need loads of fat injected to make them less sunken.

I'm amazed to read you've got dark circles, your underye always looks fresh and not dark at all. What concealer do you use? I use Select Coverup which is the best thing i've found so far but it's not perfect. I do have extremely dark circles though.

Sorry if i am bothering you!

Jude

Awww.. ask away hun. I am happy to help =)

I have that whole sunken eye thing too. I swear by Forget It (Biotherm..lol) and Effercenes by Lancome. Wand Applicator type concealers are useless for me and the pot kind are too drying. I am buying a new tube of Forget It tomorrow, I would be happy to get a sample for you!

** I can also get you some samples of whetever skin care product they have available. LMK hun ((hugs))

Sushi_Flower

I shall check all those things out and i think i might be able to get hold of samples, if not i'll let you know. Thankyou
smiles.gif
Could you tell me more about the L'oreal Collagen filler? Does that make a lot of difference? And what about Biotherm eye creams, are they any good?

Also abit off topic but what foundation do you use? It looks amazing but i guess that's half to do with your great skin!

piika

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
Where's the best place to find Biotherm?

Department stores, such as The Bay in Canada.

atlantatiffany

thanks so much for this thread. it has been very helpful and i plan to try the line. i have very dry and dull skin. so i plan to try the source therapie and oleosource.

Sushi_Flower

Is Oleo Source not available everywhere? I couldn't see it at my counter at all, but i havn't asked properly yet.
I got a sample of Source Therapie though!

If it can be used as a makeup base and i want to use it as one then using it under moisturiser wouldn't be a good idea would it? Though unless it's hydrating in some way i don't think i'd want to go without moisturiser.

atlantatiffany

i went to sephora and bath and bodyworks and neither store carried the oleo soruce line. i had to order it from the website. i did get the source therapie which makes my skin so smooth. i'm not sure if it's suppose to improve texture or not, but i love the oleo soruce moisturizer. it's so freaking creamy. i wish it had an spf but it's really great for dry skin and it smells like lemons.

exodus

Gosh, I can't believe I missed this thread! I LOVE Biotherm and have used it for the past two years (alternating with Lancome, simply because they have GWPs that I can't refuse lol) and I have to say that I absolutely love it. I credit the condition of my skin to Aquasource and Oleo Source. They make my skin so smooth! I still have occasional breakouts on my chin though, it seems nothing can ever change that, I've been having pimples on my chin for as long as I can remember. I have to say though, I'm not really impressed with the Biotherm cleansers. I use LUSH Angels on Bare Skin instead.

All this talk of Source Therapie makes me want to try it, but the price is such a downer!

mspixieears

Seeing as Juneplum has quoted other thread, hope no one objects to this one being closed? I'm happy to open it again, especially as it's been made a sticky, feel free to PM.

Ah, shoot. Reopened because thread link doesn't appear to be working.