Bite Beauty

cr8zy4MAC

I bought the Agave lip mask and while I love the way that it makes my lips feel, the packaging is HORRIBLE. At first glance it's just a tube but it's the hardest tube I've ever tried to squeeze. That in combination with thickness of the product makes it difficult. I've heard of others trying to squeeze the tube and the crimped end opening up. They have to rethink the packaging for this product. What is the point of having a great lip treatment if you can't get it out the tube.
I love my Agave Lip Mask. I honestly don't think it's that difficult to squeeze out, even with my left hand which I had a very badly badly broken wrist with bone grafting about five years ago. I think there is a reason (maybe to keep it fresh) for having it in the container in which it is housed. I'll see if I can find that out for us.

ChosenOne

How busy were they when you went there? Was there a long line? I wonder if I called there and just asked for a certain combo off the top of my head, if they would make it, pay for it over the phone, then shipped to me. I'll have to check into that.
They weren't very busy at all, but I went on a weekday right when they opened. Only one other person came in the whole time I was in there making my lipstick. I've heard it gets busy on weekends, but can't verify that personally.

I think they can do phone orders, though for about $34 a pop and whatever they would charge you for shipping (assuming they can ship it to you), you might want to be sure of what color you're getting. I've heard people have emailed them a picture of a lipstick they want, either that they saw in a magazine or a picture of an old lipstick they love that they're running out of, and they can recreate the color based off of that, as long as it's a good picture that truly represents the color.

All this talk about the lip lab makes me wish I could go back today!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I only have a couple of their High Pigment Pencils (Pomegranate and Rhubarb) and a couple of their Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos (Lychee, Musk, Palomino, and Violet). I wanted to get their Collector's Edition Lip Layers Set during the holidays, but it sold out. I hope they'll do another big set this year.

cr8zy4MAC

I only have a couple of their High Pigment Pencils (Pomegranate and Rhubarb) and a couple of their Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos (Lychee, Musk, Palomino, and Violet). I wanted to get their Collector's Edition Lip Layers Set during the holidays, but it sold out. I hope they'll do another big set this year.
It's funny that you mentioned them doing another big set this year. I was told that they are coming out with some really nice items for this Spring, so I did some internet digging. I found some information posted by Refinery 29. Thank you!!! Here is the details. On April 1st, Sephora will be launching the "Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library". It features 12 glosses in the shades found in roses, ranging in pink and red tones. It will retail for $49.00. She also wrote that there will be a Deconstructed Rose lipstick retailing for $28.00.

There will also be four lipsticks (LE) that will roll out along with , according to information obtained from Style.com. Thanks a bunch! The lipsticks will follow suit with the rose-colored theme.

Just to keep us guessing, Trendhunter.com, indicated that the lip glosses are matte; that they can be also purchased singularly at $28.00 a pop.

I guess we'll find out very soon who has the most accurate information. What do you think?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the info, cr8zy4MAC! I have skipper's remorse over the 15 Shades of Sephora and the Collector's Edition Lip Layers Set, so I'm looking forward to the Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library. I love these shades!
yahoo.gif

Photo credit to Bite Beauty and Refinery29.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the info, cr8zy4MAC! I have skipper's remorse over the 15 Shades of Sephora and the Collector's Edition Lip Layers Set, so I'm looking forward to the Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library. I love these shades!
yahoo.gif

Those look so pretty! I haven't loved Bite's glosses as much as their lipsticks, but they are still quite nice and their sets are generally a great deal. I have a good half dozen or so minis around my place because it's such a great way to sample colours.

Kristin Bacon

yahoo.gif

OMG i have never owned any Bite and i think this is a great way to start!!! so pretty when is this coming out? sorry if thats already been said.

Kristin Bacon

I called them shortly after my post. I asked them if I could give them a mix of colors, if they could make the lipstick and send it to me. They said they have no shipping available at the current time; that maybe in the future that could be a possibility. I did hear that there is probably going to be a second location opening up in New York. No particular location was given.

I also asked them about the packaging on the Agave Lip Mask. There might be some changes coming around the corner. I hope if the packaging is changed, that it won't affect the consistency of the formula. That could be a deal breaker for me. Maybe having it in two formulas could make both sides happy.

It's funny that you mentioned them doing another big set this year. I was told that they are coming out with some really nice items for this Spring, so I did some internet digging. I found some information posted by Refinery 29. Thank you!!! Here is the details. On April 1st, Sephora will be launching the "Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library". It features 12 glosses in the shades found in roses, ranging in pink and red tones. It will retail for $49.00. She also wrote that there will be a Deconstructed Rose lipstick retailing for $28.00.

There will also be four lipsticks (LE) that will roll out along with , according to information obtained from Style.com. Thanks a bunch! The lipsticks will follow suit with the rose-colored theme.

Just to keep us guessing, Trendhunter.com, indicated that the lip glosses are matte; that they can be also purchased singularly at $28.00 a pop.

I guess we'll find out very soon who has the most accurate information. What do you think?
OHHHHHH me want lipgloss set yes

Kristin Bacon

yes im eyeing the set and imagining how it would feel to run my hands over that wonderful set!!!!!!
th_drool.gif
yes yes yes. i love sets like that such a great way to try a new higher priced brand

cr8zy4MAC

yes im eyeing the set and imagining how it would feel to run my hands over that wonderful set!!!!!!
th_drool.gif
yes yes yes. i love sets like that such a great way to try a new higher priced brand
You're going to love it, trust me! I was just on Bite Beauty's blog page. Here are some pics they have on their site for Spring 2014 photo shoot. Probably one of these are going to be right at the top of the new collection coming out on the 1st of April. :) I am hoping for the second one. There are a few more pics on their site. Credit due to Bite Beauty. :)

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Everyone have a beautiful lip day!

cr8zy4MAC

Hi again!

There is one more picture (credit to Bite Beauty), that made me want to get a magnifying lens out to see if I could read the labels on the lip pencils and on the sheet with the lip color blocks. :)

IMG_1367.jpg

ChosenOne

yahoo.gif

YEEEEEEES. So beautiful! Bite makes me favorite lip gloss formula ever (I have almost completely stopped using my 70 or so lipglasses from MAC at this point), so I am really looking forward to this! And if it's coming out April 1st, I will wait to place my order for the VIB sale!
yahoo.gif

cr8zy4MAC

Glad you called and were able to get information!  That's too bad that they don't ship though.  Maybe I should start figuring out this whole CP process so I can go get custom lippies made for my fellow specktrettes. OMG, you would be the coolest thing ever!!! YEEEEEEES.  So beautiful!  Bite makes me favorite lip gloss formula ever (I have almost completely stopped using my 70 or so lipglasses from MAC at this point), so I am really looking forward to this!  And if it's coming out April 1st, I will wait to place my order for the VIB sale!  :yahoo:
Since I work there, I'll keep my eyes open and let you know when it hits the shelves. :winkiss: Trust me, I look every single day when I go to work, but nothing yet so far. I also keep scouring the internet to see if I can find out any other information, but nothing else yet.

ChosenOne

Since I work there, I'll keep my eyes open and let you know when it hits the shelves.
winkiss.gif
Trust me, I look every single day when I go to work, but nothing yet so far. I also keep scouring the internet to see if I can find out any other information, but nothing else yet.
Yes yes yes, please be our insider!!
bouquet.gif
I'm now more excited about this set than anything else on my list for the sale.

cr8zy4MAC

Yes yes yes, please be our insider!!
bouquet.gif
I'm now more excited about this set than anything else on my list for the sale.

A beauty insider ... Hahaha! I thought it's kinda punny, don't you?

I am so excited to see this set as well. I feel like a kid at Christmas . :)

cr8zy4MAC

Hi Everyone!

Here is some info on found on some of Bite's color range from the 2013 Collector's Edition. The credit goes to Wonderfelleworld.com. Although this ws from last year's 2013 holiday collection, it is a great way to familiarize yourself with some of their color range. What also is nice, is that she was kind enough to put swatches down on white paper. I know how hard it can be when looking at swatches on various people; trying to figure out how that will translate on your skin. I think (and hope) this helps you out a little bit better! She did mention that two of the colors are more sheer (Lavender and Vento). The rest of the colors are more highly pigmented. It's what they are known for. :)

Just think ... before you know it, we'll all be huddling around our screens, enjoying the Deconstructed Rose lip gloss set!

[h=1]Bite Beauty Collector’s Edition / Luminous Creme Lipstick Review[/h] December 17, 2013
I’ve been meaning to review the Bite Beauty Collector’s Edition Set since last month and of course it’s sold out now at Sephora (only 1000 were made!) – the set included 10 double-ended lipsticks for a total of 20 different shades and was a great deal at $98 (plus an extra 20% off when I bought it)! Since you can still buy the Luminous Creme Lipsticks individually I thought it would go ahead and review the formula and share my thoughts on some of the colors because Bite Beauty really makes some of my favorite lip products
The mini lipsticks in this set are each .14oz (.07 per color) whereas the regular sized Luminous Creme Lipsticks are .13oz each. I love the sleek minimal packaging but if I had any complaint it would be that it’s a bit hard to read the names of the colors on the end of the mini lipsticks but this is not so much an issue on the full-sized colors! In terms of formula, these are long-lasting and creamy without being too creamy. I’m not really a fan of really matte lipsticks so the formula is perfect for me, but you may need a lip liner with some of the more intense shades to prevent feathering.​
Of course one of the best things about Bite Beauty, is the formula is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetics, polybutenes, and petroleum byproducts and made exclusively with lip nurturing food-grade ingredients that are healthy enough to eat. And as a bonus, the lip colors deliver the super antioxidant resveratrol, which fights free radicals with potent long-term anti-aging benefits!​
Bite-Beauty-Swatch-Colors.jpg

brittbby

Hi guys! I found some more pictures of the lip gloss set! It looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!
aff35ef2_image.jpeg
Credit: http://www.examiner.com/article/get-ready-to-pick-roses-bite-beauty-s-limited-edit-gloss-set-great-for-travel

Latest posts