Bite Beauty

JennsJewelz

I've just discovered a new brand on Sephora.com called "Bite Beauty" and it looks like they have some cool lip products. They only use food grade ingredients, which is pretty cool. Has anyone heard of them before? Any experience with their products? If so, anything you love/would recommend or anything that you didn't like?

Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, thanks! :)

EDIT: Here's the link to check them out: http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Bite

Honey&LemonGirl

I saw that earlier this week and was very excited about the brand. I haven't seen it land in any Sephora stores though, so maybe it'll be there in a week or two. Karen from M&BB has ordered some of the products and took photos of the things she ordered a few days back (one of the lip/cheek stains and a lip balm, if I recall correctly), they looked lovely! I'm a lip product junkie, so this brand is definitely welcome to me.

JennsJewelz

Oooh, thanks for the tip! For anyone who's interested, Karen hasn't reviewed the products yet, but does have some pictures up of the stuff she has received. Her blog is www.makeupandbeautyblog.com, and search for Bite Beauty to see product pics! :)

crazyT

I was at our Sephora last Monday and didn't see them there yet.. can't wait to hear the reviews

JennsJewelz

I checked out Karen's blog again, and she has a couple of reviews up! So far, it looks like the Vitamin Gel is good (she says the Pink Grapefruit one tastes like candy!), but the potted Lip Rouge is a bit thick and doesn't have great staying power on the cheeks or lips. Anyone try any of the other Vitamin Gel flavours, see anymore reviews, or try any other products?

aradhana

i just got a sample of one of their pigment pencils in 'zinfandel' from sephora...it doesn't have a great deal of staying power, but i'm quite impressed at the colour it delivers, and how nice and light textured it feels. i don't mind the reapplication, and i'm kind of impressed by fact that it food grade ingredients!

xxluverxx

I've gotten more natural last year and I highly recommend Bite Beauty to anyone who is interested in a makeup line that uses natural ingredients. I've only tried their lipsticks and they're super moisturizing and provides good color even over chapped lips.

ChosenOne

I just tried my first Bite Beauty lipstick the other day, and I'm happy to see other people have discovered them as well! I can't speak for their products in general, I guess, since I've only tried the one so far, but I LOVE it. I got Cassis lipstick. It's such a perfect deep berry wine kind of color!!! Exactly what I had been looking for. And I was happy with how well it lasted through eating and drinking. Knowing that it has great ingredients is an extra perk! So happy I came across their products while wandering Sephora
cheerleader.gif
Now to figure out which color to get next!

LastContrast

I was just wondering if anyone had tried these new bite cuvee lipsticks? I like the sound but seems to be some mixed reviews...

MissTT

I tried the High Pigment Matte Pencil in Amarone last week and it is the FIRST lip color I've worn to work that didn't give me a white line where my lips met. Halellujah!!!! It wasn't the most comfortable lip color in the world feeling dry as it wore on due to it being a matte. However, next time I plan to prep my lips. (Last week I was just slapping it on after lunch and scrubbing off my previous lip color.) They may be my new go-to lipsticks for work.

JJJewels

If any of you were curious about the Best Bite set (holiday limited edition set of 4 high pigment matte pencils in a gorgeous mirrored tin) here are some swatches!

The nude color (Madeira) is very neutral. Not too orange not too pink.
The rose color (Rhubarb) is a very beautiful rose plum. I love this one!
The hot pink (Quince) reminds me of a lot of colors I own. A bit brighter than Love Goddess, more like a Charmed I'm Sure but a bit less matte.
The berry red (Cranberry) is gorgeous. Close to Lime Crime Glamour 101 only a bit less warm.

LastContrast

OK, that set looks great. I like Cranberry and Rhubarb alraedy and the other two seem great to try! Thanks for posting...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the swatches. I definitely want to pick this set up. I love the Bite bargain sets, because they're a great way to discover new shades.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Having swatched the new matte pencils, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that I need the shade "Blood Orange" in my life.

ChosenOne

Having swatched the new matte pencils, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that I need the shade "Blood Orange" in my life.
I just got Clementine the other day and am slightly obsessed. I will be rocking that a lot, especially this summer! Definitely going to get another one or two colors during their next sale.

SloanePeterson

Although I haven't purchased anything from the line yet, while working at Sephora I got to try on some Bite Beauty lip products.
I highly recommend the Agave Lip Mask for everyone but especially those who suffer from dry, chapped lips. It is absolutely the most moisturizing and long-lasting "lip balm" (if you can even call it that) that I have ever put on. It sort of feels like a much thicker version of vaseline but it is absolute heaven on the lips. I made myself a generous sample and used it overnight for two night. I love the way it smells, slightly sweet like honey, and it tastes good too but the taste is not so powerful that you're constantly licking your lips.

I also got to try the Luminous Creme Lipstick. I highly regret not buying one yet! At the time I tried them on I was only in the mood for a neutral shade and I couldn't find a color that I liked. But the feel of them! My goodness, they are the creamiest lipstick I have ever tried. Although I didn't find a neutral shade I liked I will definitely go back to try on the bright shades and purchase one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Although I haven't purchased anything from the line yet, while working at Sephora I got to try on some Bite Beauty lip products.
I highly recommend the Agave Lip Mask for everyone but especially those who suffer from dry, chapped lips. It is absolutely the most moisturizing and long-lasting "lip balm" (if you can even call it that) that I have ever put on. It sort of feels like a much thicker version of vaseline but it is absolute heaven on the lips. I made myself a generous sample and used it overnight for two night. I love the way it smells, slightly sweet like honey, and it tastes good too but the taste is not so powerful that you're constantly licking your lips.

I also got to try the Luminous Creme Lipstick. I highly regret not buying one yet! At the time I tried them on I was only in the mood for a neutral shade and I couldn't find a color that I liked. But the feel of them! My goodness, they are the creamiest lipstick I have ever tried. Although I didn't find a neutral shade I liked I will definitely go back to try on the bright shades and purchase one.
If you want a neutral shade, they do have some nice ones. I like Retsina, which is a pinkish nude, but great with a smoky eye. Thanks for the review on the lip mask. I've been eyeing it for a long time, because my lips do get terribly dried out. Think it's time I brought that one home.

luvlydee

Yes i got the Agave lip mask for gratis and i love it to sleep with. I tried wearing it during the day but when i started to drink stuff it got kinda gooey lol

Latest posts