Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) inspired FOTD

Austrian_Babe

I am almost done watching the 2nd season of Gossip Girl, and I fell in love with Leighton Meester´s (alias Blair Waldorf) makeup, hair and style. I know her hair is usually down and wavy and her lips are never really this bright....but I`ll recreate it more in detail next time.

FACE
MAC Studio Sculpt NC25 (sample...sigh, looks like I´ll have to go buy it. I love the finish)
MAC blush unknown shade to contour
MAC Beauty Powder Pearl Sunshine

EYES
TooFaced Shadow Insurance
Coastal Scents 28Neutral palette
Jane Be Pure mineral gel liner in black
Maybelline Colossal mascara (meh, where´s the promised 9x increased volume?)
Anastasia brow powder duo Ash blonde

LIPS
MAC l/g Russian Red

Hmmm I still can´t figure out what´s wrong with this look. Something is off but I can´t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it´s a combo of everything. Brows are a bit messed up, lipgloss not perfectly applied (do I really need a lipliner with this?) and maybe the foundation is a tad too light. I got a sample of NC30, but it already looks a bit too dark in the pot.
What do you guys think? Help me out please.

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg
....the foundation definitely looks too light here, with flash

And I purchased a great little hair tool, the "doughnut bun" from Claire´s. You put it over a ponytail and wrap your hair around it, put an elastic over the bun and tadaaa....a very voluminous and perfect looking bun...ok in this pic it´s not perfect, I was rushing. (without this tool my bun is about 2/3 smaller lol)
IMG_1871.jpg

cheryl

You recreated the look very well. Looks gorgeous on you and I can see a small resemblance between you and Leighton!
Love it

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl
You recreated the look very well. Looks gorgeous on you and I can see a small resemblance between you and Leighton!
Love it

aw thanks, I wished I looked like her. She is the prettiest little thing, such a doll.

Sparxx

oh my gosh! in the second picture you look just like her! It's a bit spooky! :p excellent look though! I love the lips <3

urbanlilyfairy

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE blair ..she is my fav...and you are too cute and you do resemble her ..similar features. I think you did great and im loving that bun in your hair too =P

GGBlu

You are gorgeous. This is such a soft look, and the lips are great.

I agree though with perhaps trying a bit of a darker color ... or maybe mix a little 30 with the 25 if you're afraid the 30 is too dark for you.

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGBlu
You are gorgeous. This is such a soft look, and the lips are great.

I agree though with perhaps trying a bit of a darker color ... or maybe mix a little 30 with the 25 if you're afraid the 30 is too dark for you.

I will try this, although I think the weird texture of this would make it harder to mix two shades together. I guess I`ll go back tomorrow and ask for a sample of a NW shade instead,

lyttleravyn

I think it looks gorgeous!!! And I looooove Blair
smiles.gif

How does your foundation look in person? I've heard about certain ingredients in foundations that reflect light, for example a photography flash, making it looking like the face is much lighter than the neck. If the foundation looks fine in the mirror under lights, then I would try bringing the foundation down lightly onto your neck and décolletage so in pictures it looks all the same color.

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
I think it looks gorgeous!!! And I looooove Blair
smiles.gif

How does your foundation look in person? I've heard about certain ingredients in foundations that reflect light, for example a photography flash, making it looking like the face is much lighter than the neck. If the foundation looks fine in the mirror under lights, then I would try bringing the foundation down lightly onto your neck and décolletage so in pictures it looks all the same color.

Thank you.
I think it´s the SPF that can leave the face appear lighter in pictures, but I have other foundations with SPF that don´t do that. But NC 25 already looked a little light in the pot, but the MUA insisted I am NC25.

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPearl
Gorgeous!!!! I love the bracelet you're wearing! and the hair is too cute!

thanks, got it Claire´s today. I turn into a little girl again whenever I go there

Bonbonroz

You're just gorgeous! This look really compliments you
smiles.gif

I also have a "doughnut bun" from Claire's, that's such a great tool!!

Corvs Queen

In the second picture you favor Evan Rachel Wood a lot. She's really stunning when she put in the effort. I wish I had your skin. Just lovely!

jenee.sum

this is a very pretty classic look. i would definitely do a lip liner with russian red though - cherry lip pencil is the perfect match
smiles.gif
just to define the lips perfectly~ and i do love the bracelet and bun!

Latest posts