Blue Notes de Chanel aka Blue Rhythm Collection

Medgal07

Yes, same here. It doesn't show up on me either.
amuse.gif
OMG. I never thought about that---it is pretty light.

Medgal07

I finally received Melody and the Blue Night mascara. I wore them yesterday, Melody was really lovely, looks much better on the lids then in the pan. I did have some creasing later in the day, so I wonder what that was about. I may have been rushing to get to work and skipped primer so that may be the reason. Did anybody else notice that? It could just be my oily lids....
I didn't experience creasing, I use a prime and I blended a lot.

Medgal07

I'm jealous of all of you who are loving Melody. For whatever reason, I guess my skin tone, it doesn't show up on me at all. Maybe I haven't looked at it in the right lighting yet or something? Anyway, I'm only keeping it because the rest of you love it so much!
lol.gif
I'm wondered if the fact that it's matte makes a difference too. Most IDOs have a bit of shimmer in them. It's a great base of the TF Ombré duos.

Medgal07

Don't feel bad Win. There is not a single one of the recent IDOs from either of the two collections that I could wear with my coloring and eye shape. Nor can I wear AW15-- no way. If an e/s is pale, cool, and brightening (or neutral) I can wear it. Otherwise-- not. On the other hand, there is not a single eyeliner I don't love from these collections. The stylo eye shadows were right up my alley. I first saw Feuilles and knew it was a must have right here.

There are great tips here-- but whatever it is has to work on me. There are many things I would never have known about (or would have wasted money on) without this conversation.

Like for instance, I've been busy and did not pay attention to the raves on Cosmopolite RD Continental. Until finally it seeped in. I tried it and it is fabulous. Got it.

Right now I am eating a vegetable dish that is the equivalent of "goth." It would not appeal to the tastebuds of 99% of Americans because it tastes bitter. I happen to love it and it lowers blood sugar and is conveniently in season directly after all the sweet summer fruits. Unless people live in an urban area with Chinese or Indian groceries, it would be hard to find. (Bet V. knows it-- it's called karela.) This is just to say that taste is unique and nothing will always work for everybody and that is just fine.
true.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

Wow. Really? I almost flipped when I saw the picture. I gotta see it in person now. I've been sleeping on this collection, but it looks really nice.
Melody shocked me to the core. I love it!

Haviggi

c4c6d200_image.jpeg
3ab10d65_image.jpeg
My haul from Blue Notes.Fortissimo is sold out almost everywhere in Stockholm so I grabbed the last one that I found in order not to suffer from skipper's remorse! Melody will be next since I really liked the consistency and the very light shimmer and softness that gives to the look!

Prettypackages

MAC's Painterly paint pot does this for me so I was expecting the same from Melody. It's a nice sunny day out here today so I'm gonna give it another try. If I still can't tell the difference between my two eyes I will just tell myself it means I already have wonderfully awake and fresh looking lids (even though I really think it will be the fact that Painterly is more pinky and this is more peachy).
LOL, funny!

It is probably the undertone, while on me painterly doesn't do what it does for you, it just makes for a nice white base so colors appear more vibrant. However my skin soaks up and loves all things peach. I haven't tried this yet, but I hope it looks good.

Dominique33

Hi everyone, I'm new here! *waves* I live in Canada and I'm a Chanel addict. I got my Blue Rhythm (as its being advertised here) haul today. For those who are wondering, Vibrato is fairly close to Dior Sailor. It's a bit lighter than Sailor, and when placed side-by-side, Vibrato seems to have a slight cornflower undertone, whereas Sailor looks like more of a true blue. YSL Bleu Majorelle is much lighter. I tried taking pictures but my iPhone camera doesn't show the difference. It is slight.[/quote Hello Thank you for your review, yes indeed Sailor and Vibrato are close . I swatched them on paper but not on my nails, in the bottle they look very similar
094779b2_image.jpeg

JerseyGirl

c4c6d200_image.jpeg
3ab10d65_image.jpeg
My haul from Blue Notes.Fortissimo is sold out almost everywhere in Stockholm so I grabbed the last one that I found in order not to suffer from skipper's remorse! Melody will be next since I really liked the consistency and the very light shimmer and softness that gives to the look!
Nice haul!!! Enjoy...

Medgal07

Great haul Havi!!!! I'm glad you were able to nab a Fortissimo!!!!!

Medgal07

Interesting---a post within a post
icon_eek.gif

th_hello.gif
​& welcome JessKO! I'm glad you're loving the Blue Rhythm collection---as it's known here was well. I have Dior Sailor & YSL Bleu Majorelle and never thought to compare them to Vibrato, so thank you for that. It will certainly help someone else who might be on the fence about purchasing Vibrato.
I've worn Vibrato------------love it, but I've not yet worn Fortissimo.

shellygrrl

Staff member
[COLOR=0000FF] Interesting---a post within a post:shock: [/COLOR] 
Dominique typed her reply within the post she quoted, instead of typing it below the /quote tag. I've seen it happen around here lots of times. :nods: Nothing to worry about.

Dominique33

c4c6d200_image.jpeg
3ab10d65_image.jpeg
What a haul ! Enjoy your goodies It is such a beautiful collection !

iLoveBees

LOL, funny!     It is probably the undertone, while on me painterly doesn't do what it does for you, it just makes for a nice white base so colors appear more vibrant.   However my skin soaks up and loves all things peach.  I haven't tried this yet, but I hope it looks good. 
Exactly the same for me with painterly! Melody is what I always hoped painterly would be. And then some!

elegant-one

Exactly the same for me with painterly! Melody is what I always hoped painterly would be. And then some!
I swatched Melody again today in different lighting & I quite liked it. I think I will order it this week if there are some good ebates offers.

Medgal07

Dominique typed her reply within the post she quoted, instead of typing it below the /quote tag. I've seen it happen around here lots of times.
yes.gif
Nothing to worry about.
No worries---was joking w/Dominique. She was posting from her phone.---we had a good giggle.
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts