Blue Storm discussion

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
I'm wondering if Stormwatch has any good dupes. TIA!

Some people say Plumage or Bottle Green, but to me it isn't like either. It's not as dark or chalky as Plumage (don't care for Plumage much myself) and it's much bluer than Bottle Green (which I ADORE).

Also, I know you didn't ask, but I feel compelled to say this because I just can't get over how good it looks: Big T over Stormwatch is BEAUTIFUL. There, I'll shut up now.
greengrin.gif

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHOMULA
Stormwatch is the baby of Big T and Plumage, IMO

I agree!

I finally gota chance to see this collection. The kohl powers are beautiful! So creamy and powerful!

Whirlwind is already sold out in my two closest stores. I will try the Pro store.

thmbup.gif

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
I agree!

I finally gota chance to see this collection. The kohl powers are beautiful! So creamy and powerful!

Whirlwind is already sold out in my two closest stores. I will try the Pro store.

thmbup.gif

Whirlwind is still available on the MAC site, but not Wildfire and they are doing free shipping again with any purchase code is FFAVE. My daughter loves the new shades, glad I got them early.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Thunder reminds me of Contrast in the pot. I hate Contrast.... does anybody notice the resemblance when they use it?

I actually kinda agree... I'm not really happy with the consistency of Thunder. It's a beautiful color in the pot, but maybe it's just my eyeshadow that isn't blending correctly for me and it's just.. blergh.

Karyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
I actually kinda agree... I'm not really happy with the consistency of Thunder. It's a beautiful color in the pot, but maybe it's just my eyeshadow that isn't blending correctly for me and it's just.. blergh.

I love Thunder! No problem with consistency. It's on the light side and that's what I like. I know others use it as a crease color. I haven't tried that. I use it on my lid over Greenstroke of Bare Study p/p. It's so pretty with my NW20 coloring and blue eyes!

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
icon_eek.gif
i love contrast! they look a little similar in the pot to me too. but contrast is a straight-up dark navy, where thunder is not as dark, but does have a purple cast to it. they are different enough to me.

I too love Contrast. When I tried Thunder, it was a true purple on me where Contrast is navy blue softness all the way. They are both pretty!!
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

Do you guys think that Contrast is almost a dup of Cloudburst? I had called my counter and had the m/a to pull some stuff for me so I could just run in real fast and I asked her about Cloudburst and she said it's almost the same as Contrast so I didn't get it. I did get Thunder but I haven't opened it to check it against Contrast. :confused:

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Do you guys think that Contrast is almost a dup of Cloudburst? I had called my counter and had the m/a to pull some stuff for me so I could just run in real fast and I asked her about Cloudburst and she said it's almost the same as Contrast so I didn't get it. I did get Thunder but I haven't opened it to check it against Contrast. :confused:

Cloudburst is black. Black with blue pearl. But it doesn't look ANYTHING like Contrast. Cloudburst looks a lot like Suspicion from the Nocturnelle Collection IMO. I don't think it looks like Black Tied at all. And Thunder is more purpley than Contrast.

sitasati

I bought the three limited edition nail polish colors. Whirlwind, wildfire, and rainy day. I have to admit I LOVE THESE COLORS! Whirldwind and rainy day are my absolute favvvv. Wildfire is amazing too when you wanna just wear very dark colored nail polish that isnt black.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Does anyone know if Thunder is pretty much the same as Indian Ink from the new pro e/s?
Thanks

Indian Ink is a deep matte purple, whereas Thunder is a dark purple-blue with purple pearl.

red

Ok, I'll do something that's probably not been done here on Specktra
cutey.gif

so you can see how wonderfully black the eye kohl FELINE is ...
I've just received another one as a early Xmas gift
eyelove.gif

After several attempts to wash it off ....
second photo I used a wash cloth ...

see for yourself
cheerleader.gif

astronaut

Atmospheric lipglass is so disgusting! I swatched it on my hand and thought the color was very pretty... then I applied it on my lips and I didn't realize that I was going to look like a corpse! It was awful. I returned it.