Blue Storm discussion

madamepink78

I made a purchase today and got Feline and Mystery, Delft paintpot (I know I am late) and Stormwatch (also got a filled to the top sample of Smoke Signals pigment)....I do loooove them all.....the kohl powers are excellent and this is coming from someone is really not into liner other than liquid or F/L on the lid ..I must go back and get the others........YALL HAVE @ TRY Stormwatch over Delft paint pot= BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
I only ask cause the swatches I've seen on Stormwatch look close to how Big T looks on me.
hmm.gif

big t is a teal teal color. Not like parrot or waternymph but still pretty teal.

stormwatch is deeper, and less 'bright'. It's not at all like big t, IMO, but that's just me..

Randy Rose

Quote:
I only ask cause the swatches I've seen on Stormwatch look close to how Big T looks on me.
hmm.gif

As others have said, Stormwatch is MUCH darker, and I'd say has less blue in it. If it were a bit brighter, I'd have returned Big T in favor of Stormwatch. As it is, you can get a BEAUTIFUL result by layering Big T over Stormwatch, or using a heavy application of Big T over UDPP with Stormwatch in the crease.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIxSkyDancerxIx
The nail polishs sound AWESOME!! I can't wait for this one and Smoke Signals

i really wanted to like the nail polishes esp the blue, but what is unique about the blue polish? does it have a unique flare? i couldn't tell from the quick pass by i gave it? it seems that it is similar to other ordinary blue polishes that ave been out for ages and i didn't quite consider them because it's a color that's not as 'professional' for my conservative line of work.

yummy411

also... how do you all pair or work with atmospheric l/g? i wanted it because i felt it was close to orchidazzle l/s which i missed out on, but i fear that i will look like i'm losing oxygen... i tried it with up the amp l/s but i'm not convinced that i love it =(

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
how is stormwatch compared to bottlegreen?

imo stormwatch has more blue tones in it than bottle green but less blue than plumage.

suggrr

Quote:
You fuckin rock. lol And thanks for the tips on the nail polishes. I'm not a big nail polish fan but after seeing some of the swatches for this and smoke signals, I definitely feel the need to get them.
smiles.gif

Thank you... thank you very much. </Elvis impersonation>
greengrin.gif
:nana:
greengrin.gif
I'm still loving Whirlwind (on my toes) but Wildfire might need another try to prove that it is worthy of staying in my stash.

yummy411, some folks are seeing a duotone effect with Whirlwind, i.e. seeing a darker blue or purple overlay atop the base teal color. I can see it sometimes in the bottle, but since I have poor vision and my toes are far away... I'm not seeing the effect on my nail. This polish is absolutely beautiful and is definitely different from the usual slew of medium blue, near-black blue and flat aqua usually found in nail colors. If the color of Whirlwind doesn't grab you, though, and you wouldn't be able to use it much since it's not work-appropriate, you just might want to skip it.
ssad.gif
And, out of sheer curiosity, can you tell me what other polishes you're thinking of that are similar to Whirlwind? I'd love to take a peek at them!
heart.gif
blue polish
heart.gif

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggrr
Thank you... thank you very much. </Elvis impersonation>
greengrin.gif
:nana:
greengrin.gif
I'm still loving Whirlwind (on my toes) but Wildfire might need another try to prove that it is worthy of staying in my stash.

yummy411, some folks are seeing a duotone effect with Whirlwind, i.e. seeing a darker blue or purple overlay atop the base teal color. I can see it sometimes in the bottle, but since I have poor vision and my toes are far away... I'm not seeing the effect on my nail. This polish is absolutely beautiful and is definitely different from the usual slew of medium blue, near-black blue and flat aqua usually found in nail colors. If the color of Whirlwind doesn't grab you, though, and you wouldn't be able to use it much since it's not work-appropriate, you just might want to skip it.
ssad.gif
And, out of sheer curiosity, can you tell me what other polishes you're thinking of that are similar to Whirlwind? I'd love to take a peek at them!
heart.gif
blue polish
heart.gif

thanks for the info.. that description is better and will help me to judge what i'm seeing when i take a peek at it again. i don't know the blue polishes by name, but i was thinking of the random ones at the nail shop. i'm sorry i can't help in that dept. hey do you know if mac has a charcoal/blue polish with a silver frost? i feel like i've seen it before, but don't know specifically.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
charcoal/blue polish with a silver frost?

I know Rainy Day Nail Lacquer from Blue Storm is a Grey with Silver Frost, and wasn't Moody Blue Nail Lacquer a Blue with Grey Frost?

sleepyhead

i really wanted to like the nail polishes, but for some reason whirlwind and wildfire both showed up as a weird flat sheer muddy gray on my nails. they looked nothing like the swatches or description. so i only got rainy day.

i wonder if there's something wrong with the testers or i needed more layers for the colors to show. maybe i should go back to check them out again

shadowaddict

I may be off here but you guys speaking of blue polish, my daughter totally loves Nightfall. It has been d/c (or so I've been told) but lots of stores have it and it's online. They call it black frost online but my daughter has two bottles of it and to me it is blue. When I checked just then to see if they still had it online I was shocked to see it described as a black frost. Anyone else here have it and can tell me what you think? I don't think it looks anything like the pic they have on the MAC site. In the bottle it sure looks blue to me or maybe my sight has reaaly gone to hell. :confused:

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Ya know, I thought the same thing 'til I swatched it. It's actually got more depth than Fertile (which bored me to tears). It's got a bit of a shimmer to it that's not evident in the pot. I quite like it!

I totally agree with you. I don't care for Fertile all that much but I am really liking Thunder. I wasn't sure I would til I tried it in person, you should give it a try
cheerleader.gif

Dizzyray822

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
I may be off here but you guys speaking of blue polish, my daughter totally loves Nightfall. It has been d/c (or so I've been told) but lots of stores have it and it's online. They call it black frost online but my daughter has two bottles of it and to me it is blue. When I checked just then to see if they still had it online I was shocked to see it described as a black frost. Anyone else here have it and can tell me what you think? I don't think it looks anything like the pic they have on the MAC site. In the bottle it sure looks blue to me or maybe my sight has reaaly gone to hell. :confused:

I saw this color on an MA in my MAC store and it looked like a dark shimmery grey with a subtle blue tint to it. But the blue looked very subtle on her. I wouldn't call it a black frost though.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i really wanted to like the nail polishes, but for some reason whirlwind and wildfire both showed up as a weird flat sheer muddy gray on my nails. they looked nothing like the swatches or description. so i only got rainy day.

i wonder if there's something wrong with the testers or i needed more layers for the colors to show. maybe i should go back to check them out again

Wildfire doesn't look like the swatches on me either. It looks like an almost flat very deep, almost black plum. I see the pearl in the bottle but on my nails...not so much. Haven't tried Whirlwind.

Edited to say that what I described above was indoors in not-so-great light. In the sun...YOWZA, the pearl is GORGEOUS!

shadowaddict

Can any of you tell me if Cumulus is real glittery and how the color payoff is? I didn't play with it while I was there because I was in a hurry. I have Idil Eyes, Swan Lake, and French Grey. How does it compare to these? Thanks

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Can any of you tell me if Cumulus is real glittery and how the color payoff is? I didn't play with it while I was there because I was in a hurry. I have Idil Eyes, Swan Lake, and French Grey. How does it compare to these? Thanks

since it is a frost, it isn't glittery at all. it is kinda similar to electra, but with more blue to it. different to the three colors you already have.

kuuipo1207

Now this is my question. I went and checked out the colors in person (finally, I know)...and I noticed that they had the gloss Atmospheric, but on the site (both Pro and consumer) it says "Coming Soon" next to it. When I asked th girl at the counter about it, she said that it said that because they sold out online. But it's been like that since the day they put it online. So does that mean they sold out of it before they even put it up on the site??? I don't get it.