Blue Storm discussion

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I love the marketing image for this collection, but it honestly bores me. I might get Mystery kohl, and the Atmospheric l/g.

That's what I picked up today, and they are both really nice, especially Mystery.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
So I checked out the new collection online and I don't really think I'm going to pick anything up except for maybe Lightning l/g. A lot of the eyeshadows remind me of something else that I already have or are part of the perm line...

Blue Storm = Flashtrack?
Cumulus = Silver Ring?
Stormwatch = Bottlegreen?
Cloudburst = Black Tied? *I know that BT has silver sparkles but the sparkles don't really show up and it's a Velvet too

Anyway...maybe I'll change my mind about things when I seem them IRL.

For any one hauling soon...swatches would be greatly appreciated!

Cumulus is lighter and less prominant than Silver Ring. They are different, you would see that is you swatched them side by side, but Cumulus isn't somehting you need but it is pretty enough.

Blue Storm is much bluer than Flashtrack. I mean midtone, blue crayon blue but deep as well. More like the love child of Bang On Blue and Flashtrack with some Deep Truth thrown in. Very very very pretty IMO and unique. Def. worth the buy.

Cloudburst is not like Black Tied. First off, Blacktied has sparkles, Cloudburst is more like a blue pearl finish (rather than Blacktied with blue sparkles instead of silver).

Stormwatch you can skip.

Just my thoughts.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
It reminded me of Fertile.

Ya know, I thought the same thing 'til I swatched it. It's actually got more depth than Fertile (which bored me to tears). It's got a bit of a shimmer to it that's not evident in the pot. I quite like it!

To the person who asked if there are chalky colors: I think Stormwatch is fairly dry and dusty, kind of like Plumage (which is a similar but not identical color). But, like Plumage, it's quite nice if used over another color, blended in.

For the curious: Stormwatch is a bit lighter and a tad brighter than Plumage. I swatched them both yesterday, 'cause I was curious about that myself. I happen to love Plumage, and I think I will like Stormwatch, too. I'm going to wear that one to work today, so I'll see how it goes...

If you can, definitely swatch the colors, because they are more dimensional on skin than in the pot...

As for the Kohl Powers, I wore Feline all day yesterday on top and bottom as liner, and in the waterline, and had no migration whatsoever. And it stayed in my waterline really well, too!

melliquor

How is the staying power (pigmentation) of the e/s and are they chalky? Cshock was very chalky and disappointing. I don't want to waste my money on e/s that aren't very good.

dp3

I picked up Cumulus (silver/blue) and Thunder (purple/blue) eyeshadows, along with Illicit lipglass from Smoke Signals.

I'm happy with my purchases, since I don't have a lot of cool toned shadows. Both Cumulus and Thunder are frosts and they have shimmer, so they don't look chalky. I like how they have different tones, so it's easy to mix and match different colors. I have Beautiful Iris and a teal Ulta shadow, which go great with Cumulus and Thunder.

claresauntie

I can't speak for staying power if used alone, 'cause I always use a cream shadow as a base underneath. I can do my makeup at 6AM and it's still flawless at 10 at night. Seriously.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Cumulus is lighter and less prominant than Silver Ring. They are different, you would see that is you swatched them side by side, but Cumulus isn't somehting you need but it is pretty enough.

Blue Storm is much bluer than Flashtrack. I mean midtone, blue crayon blue but deep as well. More like the love child of Bang On Blue and Flashtrack with some Deep Truth thrown in. Very very very pretty IMO and unique. Def. worth the buy.

Cloudburst is not like Black Tied. First off, Blacktied has sparkles, Cloudburst is more like a blue pearl finish (rather than Blacktied with blue sparkles instead of silver).

Stormwatch you can skip.

Just my thoughts.

I liked the Blue Storm e/s, but I felt like it would sit in my collection unused. Plus, I am already over my makeup quota for the year...
lmao.gif
weeping.gif

Eugenia

My favorites from Blue Storm are Thunder, Cumulus and Stormwatch eyeshadows and Mystery KP. These are such gorgeous colors! The bluestorm is also beautiful, but I can't wear that bright of a blue.

I also did a CP for a dear friend down under and tried all the smoke signals stuff. WOW to the palettes and to illicit l/g, emote blush and raven KP. And of course the SS p/m.

This was also the first time I tried the Zoom lash. Great mascara.

BTW, I wanted to tightline with the KPs, but the MA said no because of the glitter in it.

rocking chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I only got Thunder e/s. I was not feeling much of this collection.. still on a Flashtronic high.

yeah me too
smiles.gif

Karen_B

Luckily for my wallet, about the only thing I want from this collection is the Blue Storm e/s and the Mystery Kohl. I am also still on a Flashtronic/Rushmetal/3D high
smiles.gif

soaked

anyone know if you can B2M for LE stuff? I'm not really a lipstick person so I don't want to spend any money on it (duh) but burnin looks soo pretty!
eyelove.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia
My favorites from Blue Storm are Thunder, Cumulus and Stormwatch eyeshadows and Mystery KP. These are such gorgeous colors! The bluestorm is also beautiful, but I can't wear that bright of a blue.

I also did a CP for a dear friend down under and tried all the smoke signals stuff. WOW to the palettes and to illicit l/g, emote blush and raven KP. And of course the SS p/m.

This was also the first time I tried the Zoom lash. Great mascara.

BTW, I wanted to tightline with the KPs, but the MA said no because of the glitter in it.

you can tightline with the kohl powers because they are approved for the waterline.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaked
anyone know if you can B2M for LE stuff? I'm not really a lipstick person so I don't want to spend any money on it (duh) but burnin looks soo pretty!
eyelove.gif

yes you can

styrch

Apparently, everything teal is popular in Dayton Ohio. I just went to the MAC counter nearby and they were out of Mystery as well as Whirlwind. Feline as well, but I was surprised that Whirlwind sold so fast. I never see colors like that on anyone's nails but my own over here...

suggrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggrr
Definitely take a look at the polishes! While the purple one doesn't strike me as particularly unique, the blue is just absolutely gorgeous (if you're comfortable with blues!) ...

SIL swiped a kohl power on her fingertip, and it looked like two parallel black-ish (though not blackout black) lines with some gray in between them. :confused: No reflects visible, though she may have just picked up the only pencil without them. I don't know if she didn't press down hard enough or what to get the k/p to show up evenly, but for my money and inexperience, I'd need a pencil that was a little softer and didn't require a quite a bit of pressure to go on smoothly. ... I'm guessing that folks will be able to make these pencils work for them, but I'm probably going to pass on them. I'm just too much of a klutz!

After trying the kohl powers, I can't explain why the one SIL tried didn't swatch so well. The already-used ones I tried at the counter were SO SOFT, Feline in particular. So maybe these would be good for eyeliner newbies! I would compare them to Clinique's Cream Shapers, which are supposed to be pretty easy to use and nice and soft going on.

I tried all the lipglasses, too, and while they're nice, only Lull followed me home. Atmospheric was too dark for me, though still pretty, while Lightening was too silvery. But Lull was beautiful! I was wearing a lavender shirt, and the "pink lilac" color of Lull totally coordinated nicely if I do say so myself.

If you've heard that Whirlwind nail polish is fabulous, you have indeed heard correctly. It is all that and a bag of chips. The only person I wouldn't recommend this polish to are people who can't stand the color blue and/or blue-colored nail polishes, or can't get MAC nail polish to work on them. And for the latter, I'd suggest trying some different base and topcoats because Whirlwind ROCKS.

AudreyNicole

This is my favorite MAC Collection EVER!! I got all the shadows, both kohl powers, Lull and Lightning Lipglasses and Whirlwind Nailpolish! I am super pleased with everything I got from this collection and Smoke Signals. Whirlwind nailpolish looks AWESOME over black nail polish!!
smiles.gif

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggrr
If you've heard that Whirlwind nail polish is fabulous, you have indeed heard correctly. It is all that and a bag of chips.

lmao.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
I haven't heard that in forever!! I remember when All-4-One came out with that one song where they said that in it. OMG...that's so funny. You fuckin rock. lol And thanks for the tips on the nail polishes. I'm not a big nail polish fan but after seeing some of the swatches for this and smoke signals, I definitely feel the need to get them.
smiles.gif

kuuipo1207

I've seen some comments in here about Stormwatch, but I don't have any of the colors mentioned that it compares to. So, is it close/similar to Big T from the C-Shock collection??