Blush: The Search for America's Greatest Makeup Artist

Ciara

I created an AIM Chat so if anyone is interested we can discuss while the show is airing:

"Blush" Makeup Artist Reality TV - AIM Chat <---- Click on the link

'BLUSH: THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT GREAT MAKE-UP ARTIST'
PREMIERES TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2008 @ 10PM ON THE LIFETIME CHANNEL

blush_621x275_v2.jpg

Lifetime is putting its best face on for a potential companion series to its soon-to-be-acquired Project Runway. The reality show called "Blush: The Search for America's Greatest Makeup Artist" will be produced by IMG Entertinment.
"Blush" will follow eight aspiring makeup mavens as they compete for the grand prize of a one-year contract as a professional makeup artist with Max Factor, $100,000 in cash and a shot at doing the makeup for a major glossy magazine cover shoot. Contestants will live together in Los Angeles and engage in weekly elimination competitions.

RELATED LINKS:

Blush - Newest Videos

Blush: The Search for the Next Great Make-Up Artist | myLifetime.com

Anyone planning on watching?

I know I'm pretty intrigued!!!! I will def. be tuning in.

YouTube - Blush: The Search for the Next Great Makeup Artist

YouTube - Joanna Schlip's Vlog - Blush

YouTube - Charlie Green's Vlog - Blush

YouTube - In Style Magazine's Hal Rubenstein's Vlog - Blush

MACLovin

Nice! This sounds like my kind of show!

I always watch those makeover shows like "10 Years Younger" and "what not to wear" and my favorite part is the 2 second little blurb where they do the hair and makeup, so it's awesome to finally have a show with all makeup artists!
th_DANCE.gif

Imagine all the crazy and wonderful challenges/competitions they will have... ok this show needs to come on like, now. lol

Thanks for the heads up!
thmbup.gif
It's definitely going to be on my continual DVR recording list.

MACLovin

I wonder if they will *only* be able to use MaxFactor makeup though.
ssad.gif
I hope not.. nothing against them, but I'd like to see different brands used.

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
ssad.gif

I agree! I would love to see some MAC and other brands on the show too
smiles.gif

This show sounds really good! Finally something on Lifetime worth watching.

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I agree! I would love to see some MAC and other brands on the show too
smiles.gif

This show sounds really good! Finally something on Lifetime worth watching.

I agree with you on that ... although I must admit .. I kinda do like Army wives.

Ciara

Quote:
ssad.gif

Hmm I didnt even think of that one ... I hope they do use different brands.

coachkitten

I hope that they get to use different brands as well. Is it just me or is the name totally lame? Sorry but "Blush" sounds a little dorky. Anyways I am super excited for this show! I can't wait.
smiles.gif

Ciara

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I hope that they get to use different brands as well. Is it just me or is the name totally lame? Sorry but "Blush" sounds a little dorky. Anyways I am super excited for this show! I can't wait.
smiles.gif

I totally agree

MAC_Whore

This sounds really cool. It sounds like it has potential. DH and I will give it a shot. Yeah, I know he'll watch it. He loves watching Project Runway, too. lol He's a renaissance man.
smiles.gif

beauty_marked

Quote:
Nice! This sounds like my kind of show!

I always watch those makeover shows like "10 Years Younger" and "what not to wear" and my favorite part is the 2 second little blurb where they do the hair and makeup, so it's awesome to finally have a show with all makeup artists!
th_DANCE.gif

omg yes. anytime i know WNTW is on, ill go back to the tv at 40 after they've begun because by them theyre showing the makeovers.

and ditto on the name blush. I was kind of expecting something else. it does sound a little cheesy. but hopefully the show wont be.

M.A.C. head.

I mean...I watch all sorts of shows, about things that I'm not particularly interested in...so OF COURSE I'M GOING TO WATCH!!!

Hehehehehehe, I just hope they have some great MAs and that they get to work with lots of different, quality brands.

MAC_Whore

You know there will be all sorts of drama on this show. lol People can get very defensive and catty when their creativity is involved.

Ciara

Here's my thoughts on the new show...

Is it the Next Best Reality Show ... NO
Is it going to be on the air long ... Highly Doubt It.

I personally dont think its going to appeal to the General Public ... probably only other Make-Up Artist and Make-Up Enthusiasts and maybe some others.

I do hope this show is successful though ... it probably would've been better off on another channel like E!, Bravo, or Style.

Latest posts