Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

tottycat

Re: Favorite Products from Bobbi Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
My skintone is MAC NC25-30 (depends on how much sun I get) and I love BB lipsticks in Clove (warm red brown, perfect for fall) and Brown (which is the most nautral, pinky nude brown color...so beautiful and natural). Both lippies would work with your skintone too since they are fairly neutral.

Hey, same skintone as you! My newest addiction is the BB Creamy Lip Color - I think I own half the line:

Raisin Berry
Rose Petal
Bronzed Pink
Heather Buff
Blue Raspberry
Heather Mauve

I also have lip Colour in Brown and Putty, Ruby Lip Sheer, Metallic Lip Color in Brown, and various lip pencils and glosses, including Kir lipgloss, a fave.

I use her LE Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick and Sheer finished pressed powder in Soft Sand.

Even though I have yellow undertones, I find her foundations WAY too yellow, perhaps because I'm only 50% Asian.

drools.gif
I want more!!

cetati

I love the Copper Diamond SB still (I think I say this every time I post on Specktra lately) and I'm seriously lemming her other SBs.. and I plan to order two in the next 12 hours or so while the sale is still on but OH MY GOSH I can't decide which ones!

I'm NC30. Help, girls!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
I love the Copper Diamond SB still (I think I say this every time I post on Specktra lately) and I'm seriously lemming her other SBs.. and I plan to order two in the next 12 hours or so while the sale is still on but OH MY GOSH I can't decide which ones!

I'm NC30. Help, girls!

I'm an NC30 or NW 30 as well (can't remember which, the cool toned one), and I have shimmer bricks in Gold and Apricot. They are both super duper gorgeous, give me the freshest glow and I def recommend them. The thing is I think that they are both LE, but do get them if you find them
thmbup.gif

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
I like the gel liners better than MAC fluidlines. They're just.. richer. Fluidlines seem cheap in comparison. I need to dip my brush into my fluidline pot twice as many times as I do with the BB gel liners. They also last longer, IMO.

Bobbi Brown Gel Liners are not only more pigment-dense (e.g. one swipe will do ya!), they are also VERY moisture and humidity resistant. This liner survived daily applications in South India during August. I highly recommend this product for use in hot, humid climates.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Great...I just picked up a Black and Espresso Ink!!!

Oh Tish, you'll love those! They are 2 of my staples. They wear crazy well...like nothing else.

cetati

My final November/December haul list for BB, including before and during F&F sale:

- Shimmering Nudes palette
- Blushed Rose Pot Rouge
- Pink Raspberry Pot Rouge
- Shimmer Bricks in Copper Diamond, Bronze, and Rose
- Glitter Lip Balm in Copper Diamond
- Gel Liner in Espresso.

... holy crap, I hauled a lot.

tottycat

Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Great...I just picked up a Black and Espresso Ink!!!

Tish, I've got both, and today I think I'm going for the Black Mauve Shimmer Ink and/or Black Plum Ink. I'll decide in-store.

Oh, and I built myself a little 3-Pan palette of Disco Pink, Rave, and Velvet Rope LE Glitter Glosses (UK website purchase)--oooh! I'm in love.

Enjoy the liner!

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
I'm curious too, did anyone try the glitter lip balms yet?

Yes, I've got the Copper Diamond Glitter Lip Balm. It's great for everyday, but for those with greater colour density needs, I recommend Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss--I got Disco Pink, Velvet Rope, and Rave. Anyone NC35 or above should go for the Glitter Gloss rather than the Balm if you want colour payoff.

I loooooooove Glitter!

cutey.gif

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Has anyone tried Desert Rose blush?? Is it similar to Blooming??

I don't think they are similar, I really love desert rose but I tend to forget I have it even though it's absolutely gorgeous on. It really gives a healthy-pinky glow--darker pink and no sparkle HTH

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Aw, I'm soo eyeing that new Mauve Palette. I just don't want the blush to be a boring brown mauve - although it doesn't look that way on the model. I think the eyeshadows will work with the MAC Cult of Cherry smudged violet look.

That Black Pearl sounds gorgeous...I just don't care for her lg as they seem really sticky. There's no curse with that Black Pearl is there
smiles.gif
Argghhh, Pirates of the Caribbean...Curse of the Black Pearl....sorry, I couldn't resist

I have the Mauve Palette, and believe me, the blush is NOT for the faint of heart. It's really pigment dense, and I apply it with a fan brush instead of a regular blusher brush to avoid clown cheeks!

I am NC25 and here is a pic of me wearing the palette:

Makeup for Professional Asian Women: Bobbi Brown Mauve Face Palette

cetati

All right gals, I need help. I received my Pink Raspberry today and it absolutely WILL NOT LAST on my face! I set it with transluscent powder and applied with my fingers in thin layers and it just WILL NOT LAST. The shimmer brick powder I layered over it was still there and rubbed off on my finger at the end of the day, but it's like the blush just melted off my face. I didn't have to blot at all today, so not a ton of oil production either. WHAT DO I DO?

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
is the Black gel eye liner pitch black?

I think it is! It's definitely much darker than Blacktrack Fluidline.

Shimmer bricks all of them.
Ultra fine liner brush-i cant live without this brush.
Pot Rough Pale pink & Pink raspberry are my faves.
Spf 15 lip balm & any of the gel liners esp ivy & sapphire.

X

tottycat

Quote:

I'm NC30. Help, girls!

Hi, I'm NC25-30 and I'm wearing the Copper Diamond SB in this picture:

Makeup for Professional Asian Women: FOTD - Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick

It's my fave shimmer Brick! The Gold one was too yellow so I gave it to a friend who's NC45.

tottycat

Quote:
All right gals, I need help. I received my Pink Raspberry today and it absolutely WILL NOT LAST on my face! I set it with transluscent powder and applied with my fingers in thin layers and it just WILL NOT LAST. The shimmer brick powder I layered over it was still there and rubbed off on my finger at the end of the day, but it's like the blush just melted off my face. I didn't have to blot at all today, so not a ton of oil production either. WHAT DO I DO?

I layer the faintest whisper of powder blush over the top with a fan brush, then set with powder. Lasts all day!

cetati

I just got Peony and Brownie Shimmer Bricks from Tish 1127... I'm excited about it! Can't wait for it to get here.